Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2006, 19:58   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinces
Just registered a complaint with corecentre against TVS Spectra. The usual - no spares, poor service, no exchange offers (would you believe it - they offered me Rs.1500/- for my Rs.34000/- scooter, while Bajaj Motors offered Rs.6500/-... which just proves how much TVS values it's own products!!! I blame it all on Sachin Tendulkar!)
Update for 6th september 2006
no reply, no action, no nothing
Old 8th September 2006, 23:27   #32
BHPian

My complaint is now 3 weeks old. I guess it will become a statistic in the next report. They already have a backlog of 12000 complaints.
Old 9th September 2006, 09:05   #33
BANNED

Hi Guys,

Even I had registered a complaint against ABN Amro bank on the 89th August. Got a reply on the 4th Sptember and a follow up letter yesterday. Also spoke over the phone to the legal manager who was very nice and helpful. She said that cases are treated as per the importance and damage caused to the consumer and not in order of complaints registered.

If they feel a certain case is genuine then they treat that with priority.

Viper
Old 3rd October 2006, 11:40   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
Just registered a complaint against a resturant for overcharging for a bottle of mineral water. Will keep u fellows informed.
Got the reply by registered post for the above ,

Anyone care to explain to me what do they mean by loose form ? A bottle of mineral water which is sealed and is opened only in front of me on my table , is in loose form ?
Old 3rd October 2006, 11:49   #35
Team-BHP Support

yes thats loose form. Just as they can sell you pepsi for 30rs.
Old 3rd October 2006, 11:54   #36
Senior - BHPian

So then we have to buy a crate of mineral water in a restuarant , only then will they charge the MRP ?
Old 3rd October 2006, 12:07   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
Got the reply by registered post for the above ,

Anyone care to explain to me what do they mean by loose form ? A bottle of mineral water which is sealed and is opened only in front of me on my table , is in loose form ?
don know about this loose form thingy..........and most of the cases wherein the Hotel/resturant was penalised was the case of buying from the counter as in take away .
Old 3rd October 2006, 12:40   #38
Team-BHP Support

Yes speedo, the judgement is still pending in high court I think(if someone has any other info please correct me).
The case was filed by a law student. After that all theaters started selling mineral water at m.r.p. the only differece being that the brand of mineral water they have has mrp as 25 rupees.
Old 3rd October 2006, 12:55   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Yes speedo, the judgement is still pending in high court I think(if someone has any other info please correct me).
The case was filed by a law student. After that all theaters started selling mineral water at m.r.p. the only differece being that the brand of mineral water they have has mrp as 25 rupees.
as per theatre it was satyam cineplexes which was penalized for an amount of 1 lakh an year back or so.

And now what they sell is specially packed bottles for there theatres.
Old 3rd October 2006, 15:14   #40
Senior - BHPian

Was planning once to make a list of vendors who charge extra for cold areated drinks and sending it to the Consumer Courts or something.
With this, it seems it'll be much easier.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 4th October 2006, 02:24   #41
Senior - BHPian

Is there an association one can go to for errant builders....generally builders are hand in glove with politicians and more difficult to deal with than other type of service providers which are either small in size or are corporates.... unfortunately most of the builders fall into neither category
Old 4th October 2006, 09:25   #42
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon
Was planning once to make a list of vendors who charge extra for cold areated drinks and sending it to the Consumer Courts or something.
With this, it seems it'll be much easier.

Thanks for sharing.

Hey,

All the best buddy. You sure have an uphill task. My assumption is 75% of Mumbai outlets charge extra some on the base of refrigeration costs others under various guises.

Viper
Old 4th October 2006, 11:38   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
gave them a stare of disapproval. Even though they stopped, it sorta dawned on me that this generation doesnt live by the values we do...
values have to be taught by the past to the present !!!
and has not this always been the case ??? granfather complaining that when he was his younger things were so different ??? petrol was cheap cars were cheap , people were polite and had manners !!! ????

gunir i am sure you weretold the same thing by your elders ....
Old 12th October 2006, 17:18   #44
Senior - BHPian

well, its nice to see such a website. We are waking up to expect better quailty. The best part about glocalization (globalization + Localization) is that sometimes the best practices come thru. Our expecation levels go up after seeing what we are supposed to get.
We can only go forward.
Old 27th October 2006, 13:25   #45
Senior - BHPian

A follow up on my complaint which I had registered at www.corecentre.org.

Mr. Manoj Desai, owner of G7 multiplex called me up just now and apologised for charging over the MRP on a bottle of mineral water.

Also the canteen manager Mr. Farookh, called up and apologised for the same and further more promised me that it will not happen again.

I guess corecentre is something really big....as they were saying "Sir, you should have come to us first before complaining at such a high level.

Also they wanted to meet me personally....but i refused. You never know man, they might get back at you for complaining. Though it didnt sound like that as they were very polite and courteous. But in Bombay, anything and everything happens...so you can never be too careful.

Drifter

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks