Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Will you drink Coke Pepsi?
Not at all 8 11.59%
Yes - but rarely 17 24.64%
Yes - as usual 44 63.77%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2006, 16:30   #1
BHPian

Will you drink Coke Pepsi any more?

Will you drink Coke Pepsi any more [in India]?
Old 14th August 2006, 16:35   #2
BHPian

I never used to drink coke/pepsi.But i wont stop drinking 7Up/Sprite.
Old 14th August 2006, 16:48   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Not a cola drinker anyways. And I am safe until whiskey makers are accused of pesticid"ing" the good stuff.
Old 14th August 2006, 17:04   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Not a cola drinker anyways. And I am safe until whiskey makers are accused of pesticid"ing" the good stuff.
Good one! myself, never been a regular drinker but will not stop just because of the recent issues. The colas are no worse than the tap water supplied by my local Municipal Corporation. If I cut down on them, its because of the calories, not the pesticides.
Old 14th August 2006, 17:06   #5
Team-BHP Support

Lets see now. The Govt. first turns a blind eye towards the pollution that has been seeping into the water tables for decades. Then, when that same water is used by a multi-million dollar cola company, they suddenly wake up and realise that its polluted? And then they want to blame the Cola company for what should have been the Govt.'s duty anyway i.e. provide safe drinking water.

And why target just the Cola companies? Its because they have the $$ to pay. You only need to drive past any veggie wholesale market to see the conditions our "fresh produce" is brought and kept to know that they are probably carrying more diseases than all the cola's put together.

But, on the positive side, we've been born and brought up on all this, so our immune system has adapted! Hell, I feel sick if I get too much clean air into my system these days!
Old 14th August 2006, 17:28   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Hell, I feel sick if I get too much clean air into my system these days!
And you blame us for helping you battle this problem on Saturday nite ?

Well the pesticides wont affect me - I always sterilise the cola with Whisky / Rum before having it !

Last edited by normally_crazy : 14th August 2006 at 17:29.
Old 14th August 2006, 17:54   #7
BHPian

Sprite , Mirinda, 7 Up can never be replaced ..What would happen to our Vodka Sprite...! Safest offering from Pepsi and Coke is Slice and Maaza..Both made from Mando pulp...I bet it has the least Pesticide..! Lol
Here's to killing Germs..!
Old 14th August 2006, 17:54   #8
Senior - BHPian

Thanda matlab..................

Toilet cleaner!
Old 14th August 2006, 18:17   #9
Senior - BHPian

Doodh Main Paani,
Cola Main Pesticides,
Cadbury Main Keede,
Paani Bhi Kharaab,
Shudh Kuuch Bacha Hai Toh Sirf SHARAB,
PIYO SAR UTHAKE!!!!
CHEERS!!!
Old 14th August 2006, 23:10   #10
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
And why target just the Cola companies? Its because they have the $$ to pay. You only need to drive past any veggie wholesale market to see the conditions our "fresh produce" is brought and kept to know that they are probably carrying more diseases than all the cola's put together. !
Hey, You want pesticide free vegetables -- Tell me !! Ill give you chemical free vege and fruits ... but are you ready to pay the premium for it .. Maybe u will coz u educated and understand why the premium but then logistics and business plans are developed on a larger cinsumer base ...

I grow organic vegetables ... and I do charge a higher price but not everyone is interested !!! Thats coz organic produce is not that pretty looking compared to chemically treated produce -- Its like going with a woman whos SEXY but has aids over a woman who aint that pretty but is AIDS free , most ppl go for the first type !!!

How many will go for the second option ... ?????

This is a very tough choice that our generation has to make ... coz it is harmful and we all know it but we still give excuses of dilutingf it with bacardi/vodka/whisky ... so if educated people talk like that -- what do u think the illeterate will say !! COKE is great .... and it makes teh job of farmers liek me even harder ... I promote healthy eating but then thoughts like that don;t help me --- !!!

Cheers
Old 14th August 2006, 23:14   #11
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein
Sprite , Mirinda, 7 Up can never be replaced ..What would happen to our Vodka Sprite...! Safest offering from Pepsi and Coke is Slice and Maaza..Both made from Mando pulp...I bet it has the least Pesticide..! Lol
Here's to killing Germs..!
I dont want to sound rude .. but pls get ur facts straight !!! Pesticide levels are present coz of the water used ... and water is also use din making Sprite, 7 UP ,

As for the Slice and Maaza part ... spray insecticides and pesticides on the fruit and you will get contamination in that as well ... SO DONT BE UNDER AN ILLUSION THAT ITS SAFE -- U ONLY CHEATING URSLEF !!!

Happy drinking ...
Old 15th August 2006, 00:04   #12
Senior - BHPian

there needs to be some reversal of brands now.

Baygon needs to enter the cola market

and Coke and pepsi need to start producing colas for the pesticide market.

I actually like pepsi blue and used to consume a lot then. Didnt know pesticides taste so good. . Now its strictly milk liquid or fuit juice except occasionally.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 15th August 2006 at 00:05.
Old 15th August 2006, 00:28   #13
BHPian

Had stopped colas long time back. The reason being caffine & not pesticides stuff. I think orange juice (or any other fruit juice) is better.

This decision depends from person to person.
Old 15th August 2006, 01:20   #14
SLK
Senior - BHPian

This pesticide stuff is all crap... everything in our country has pesticides... then why blame it only on the cold drinks. No one forces anyone to drink....
Old 15th August 2006, 01:33   #15
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75
Hey, You want pesticide free vegetables -- Tell me !! Ill give you chemical free vege and fruits
Just a clarification!
you say chemical free... the chemicals used for hyper growth etc.?
But every farmer still uses pesticides!!.. and most use in excess on the allowed quantity that actually contaminates the produce.

So end of day what vegies... and fruits i get in market are contaminated (or mixed with them)... coz I haven't seen different stalls for pesticide free and not. Also I can't every time test them .. in a lab before eating.

So where does it leave us?.... ban cold drinks?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks