Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2004, 03:06   #1
Team-BHP Support

Hey guys,

Well Hotmail just did a little upgrade with their junkmail protection system, so now when you empty ur junkmail folder, another window pops up and you can checkbox a "identify this as junkmail" thing before clicking clear.

However, this never works for me using opera (7.54), i just click the button and nothing happens. (Works fine when i try it with IE).

Im guessing this is another sly trick from microsoft to alienate opera users!
Anyway...the aim of this thread was to find out if anyone else was having the same problem ??

cya
R

ps - dont tell me to use mozilla! (unless it has a very nice zoom feature --- which i dont think it does...?)
Old 21st November 2004, 03:12   #2
Senior - BHPian

wats opera???
Old 21st November 2004, 05:55   #3
Team-BHP Support

Its another browser.

You might have noticed it being mentioned in the Internet Browsers thread.

You can also check out Opera.com.

Opera is also WAY WAY superior to anything Microsoft can come up with when it comes to PDAs/Cellphones etc browsing the net.
But the problem i am talking about is on my laptop running windows XP.

cya
R
Old 21st November 2004, 13:30   #4
BHPian

Generally Microsoft would use these tactics to woo people away from competing browsers or to prevent IE users from going away, however, in this particular case its just a matter of standards compliance. IE and Mozilla are more HTML 4 and CSS standards compliant, Opera is not. Hence, an inclusion of certain code that requires full standards compliance works on IE and Mozilla, but not Opera.

Mozilla Firefox doesn't implement the exact same Zoom feature that Opera does, however, you can use the built in Text Zoom (CTRL +/-) coupled with the Image Zoom Extension and achieve a similar effect. Its only a matter of time before this feature gets implemented into Firefox, is already on the "wishlist"...

- Aalaap
Old 21st November 2004, 22:51   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Rehaan,

My hotmail is still not upgraded. Butttttttttttt did you try changing the pop-up window settings from the Opera preferences?

GTO
Old 22nd November 2004, 02:06   #6
Team-BHP Support

Hey GTO,

I fear it is what Aalaap says.
My popups are enabled, so thats not the problem. The popup opens and i click ok, but nothing happens in the main page.
Strange that your hotmail doesnt do this yet! (when u click "empty junkmail&quot

cheers
R

ps - i have heard that hotmail may upgrade everyone to 250mb by the end of the year.... (yeah right! ....im still waiting.)

Most Viewed