Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2006, 14:34   #16
BHPian

completely agree with ram i dont think cyclists r not allowed on the roads i think they have the right to use the road as a car at least in the city in india not sure though
Old 17th August 2006, 14:43   #17
Senior - BHPian

Ram, I think you missed the background of W12's post....he was just being sarcastic with reference to an earlier post on the forum about pavement dwellers in Mumbai being run over; he had views similar to what you have aired below and he was challenged by some members about whether or not people had a right to sleep on the pavement etc......read this post for more light on the subject -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...-dwellers.html
Old 17th August 2006, 14:44   #18
BHPian

Ram,

You got me completely wrong.

Please reread the first line and the word in my post -- "paraphrase"

I have paraphrased the responses I got to my earlier thread to suit this incident... ( Thread - 2 pavement dwellers killed in mumbai by rash driving ).

You are barking up the wrong tree IMO...see the above thread for my take on the subject
Old 17th August 2006, 14:51   #19
Senior - BHPian

Why did my post go?what was wrong in it?This is totally unfair mods!
Please pm me as to why it was deleted

binz

You post was removed because of profanity, a member had complained about it.

Last edited by Samurai : 17th August 2006 at 21:29.
Old 17th August 2006, 14:53   #20
Ram
Senior - BHPian

suman and w_12:
My post wasn't against any member nor personality.

It was rather about identifying this thread as a suitable place to discuss,
information on speed limits, how the law regards street drag racing
and my own opinion on unlicensed/unlicenseable drivers.

Ram

Last edited by Ram : 17th August 2006 at 14:54.
Old 17th August 2006, 15:04   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771
completely agree with ram i dont think cyclists r not allowed on the roads i think they have the right to use the road as a car at least in the city in india not sure though
Well said Ram....Completely agree with you...
Old 17th August 2006, 15:19   #22
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Well.. it can't be 200km/h.... its a .. masala by the newspapers...

What I am wondering is... say the milkman completely recovers... and is adequately compensated for all kinds of losses. Should the Guy or his parents still be put behind bars?
Well, I am not trying to say anything here to take sides of the Accord guys but it still remains a fact that it was an accident.

BTW.. there are certain roads where cyclists are not allowed... like the DND flyway.... but then that is actually enforced there. This one was not such a road....

But actually it's not about cyclist being allowed or not.... its a fact that he was not driving safe.

Last edited by SLK : 17th August 2006 at 15:23.
Old 17th August 2006, 15:19   #23
Senior - BHPian

My heartfelt feelings and sympathies for the cyclist. I really hope he recovers fully.
My heartfelt sympathies to W12 too. Sarcasm seems to have flown high above quite a few people here too.
Old 17th August 2006, 15:54   #24
rks
BANNED

Apart from legal issues, the main problems with underage driving in general are:

(1) Underage drivers are in general temperamentally suspect. They could exhibit immature behaviour (the present case), get easily provoked, and also get panicked easily, which could cloud their judgement when faced with an unexpected scenario.

(2) Their reflexes have not really been conditioned -- because they just haven't done enough driving. They could look like ace drivers under normal circumstances, which might tempt their proud fathers to let them take the wheel alone -- a big mistake. The real test will come when they are faced with a genuine emergency. Experienced drivers will not only be able to forsee many of these and avoid them, but also do the right thing almost subconsciously, by sheer conditioning of their reflexes. This is not present in the youngsters, who would be in unknown territory and at best have theoretical knowledge only.
Old 17th August 2006, 16:24   #25
BHPian

Suman and Jyodeb.. Thx.
Old 17th August 2006, 16:28   #26
BHPian

how many people on this forum who are preaching ...began driving below the legal learning age of 17 ??????
Old 17th August 2006, 20:49   #27
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Monkey
how many people on this forum who are preaching ...began driving below the legal learning age of 17 ??????
I'd say most of us inlcuding you me and the Mods...flame me now
Old 17th August 2006, 20:56   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks
Apart from legal issues, the main problems with underage driving in general are:

(1) Underage drivers are in general temperamentally suspect. They could exhibit immature behaviour (the present case), get easily provoked, and also get panicked easily, which could cloud their judgement when faced with an unexpected scenario.

(2) Their reflexes have not really been conditioned -- because they just haven't done enough driving. They could look like ace drivers under normal circumstances, which might tempt their proud fathers to let them take the wheel alone -- a big mistake. The real test will come when they are faced with a genuine emergency. Experienced drivers will not only be able to forsee many of these and avoid them, but also do the right thing almost subconsciously, by sheer conditioning of their reflexes. This is not present in the youngsters, who would be in unknown territory and at best have theoretical knowledge only.
RKS - responsibility is something which the rich, young & powerful are not aware of..

It is called "entitlement mentality" - > they think -> i drive a expensive & powerful car, my father is rich & influential -> therefore I am entitled to overspeeding, breaking the law -> i own the road

In this country somehow the life of rich people is more valuable than the poor masses.. Road rage is just one way in which this manifests itself
Old 17th August 2006, 21:17   #29
BHPian

man damn these rich kids..
this is becoming like an everyday thing now...
too much of money ...and too small a mind..
remember a similar incident in goa with a 14 year old in his bmw..
some of the ch**s happen to be very close friends of mine...but howmuch ever you try they just dont seem to get the point...
i guess nitroxx and jitu remember the bandra accident..
glad we put a stop to it for now.....
someone geat said
"with lots of power and money comes even greater responsibililty"

anyways hope the milkman recovers and justice served

Last edited by xtreme power : 17th August 2006 at 21:20.
Old 17th August 2006, 21:27   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK
I'd say most of us inlcuding you me and the Mods...flame me now
I guess we all have done that, but how many of us raced recklessly in public streets? I would like to believe most of us drove very responsibly while under age [as binz mentioned] since we didn't want to be noticed. But these kids are something else.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks