Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2006, 13:13   #1
Team-BHP Support

Looking for a Gym in noida

Hi guys, I searched a lot, but the only good place near noida which is unisex and has all equipment in working order seems to be Talwalkars, but then they are pretty expensive too from what I have heard. And driving 15km to New Friends Colony is not really fitness promoting.
So anyplace nearer?
Here are the requirements
1. For both guys and gals since I plan to go there with my wife
2. Equipment should be in working order most of the times. The last gym I went to had treadmills broken down half the time
3. Good personal trainer is not really a necessity, but a good thing nevertheless
4. Should not burn holes in pocket. I am looking at around 15 grand a year couple package.
Old 18th August 2006, 16:39   #2
fb1
BHPian

I go to talwalkars in chennai, solid gym.. good trainers.. I took the build mass plan for a yr for 14,500
Old 18th August 2006, 20:02   #3
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Tsk this ORKUT link should help ya out... Talwalkars is GK2
Old 19th August 2006, 02:59   #4

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

@aZa: do u go the gym...which one.
Old 19th August 2006, 09:48   #5
Senior - BHPian

bargain down at talwakars.. i got an offer for 12k per annum after bargaining with an help of a friend here in hyd..the general trainers are good enough and the equip are really really good..
Old 6th August 2008, 09:44   #6
Team-BHP Support

Talwalkars seems to be a good idea. I am currently using a gym in Noida which is pretty lousy in terms of equipment, esp cardio equipment. Want to change now.
Any idea about
1. How much is 6 monthly couple membership at talwalkars?
2. What are the gym timings.
Since its in GK-II the gym needs to be open atleast till 10pm because we will start from home around 8-8:30pm
Old 6th August 2008, 10:37   #7
BANNED

Whichever gym chain you talk to, ask the branch specifically whether they are company owned or a franchise. Company owned branches usually offer you the corporate rates and are more empowered to provide discounts, while franchisees don't.

I'm assuming this is true for NCR based on my experience in Bangalore.

e.g. Fitness One is a corporate partner with my company. Their Indira Nagar & Koramangala branches give me a rate of ~10K for annual membership while the Sadashivanagar branch says the lowest they can come down to is ~18K.

The same applies for Talwalkars. Their branch at Indira Nagar Madras gives me annual membership for ~11K while the Sadashivnagar Bangalore branch says ~18K.
Old 6th August 2008, 11:41   #8
BHPian

hey tsk, which gym are you going currently??
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Talwalkars seems to be a good idea. I am currently using a gym in Noida which is pretty lousy in terms of equipment, esp cardio equipment. Want to change now.
Any idea about
1. How much is 6 monthly couple membership at talwalkars?
2. What are the gym timings.
Since its in GK-II the gym needs to be open atleast till 10pm because we will start from home around 8-8:30pm
Old 6th August 2008, 11:53   #9
Team-BHP Support

I am currently going to sector 18 gym, and its 28K/year inclusive of taxes for both of us.
However, the gym equipment is really horrendous, AC seldom works, and one of the treadmills is always out of order.
Moreover the crowd is horrendous, and they take in just anybody they want, so many times there is so much rush that there is no place to stand.
Old 6th August 2008, 11:57   #10
BHPian

Quote:
I am currently going to sector 18 gym, and its 28K/year inclusive of taxes for both of us.
However, the gym equipment is really horrendous, AC seldom works, and one of the treadmills is always out of order.
Moreover the crowd is horrendous, and they take in just anybody they want, so many times there is so much rush that there is no place to stand.
what about Gold gym, i guess its in sec 27. Well i go to this gym behind Vinayak Hospital Sec 27, but then u'll face the same problem there too. Not decent treadmills and AC not very effective but you can come visit that place once. Its called Fitness Zone. They charge 1050 for one month.

I had lately seen the Talwarkar's ad on the top floor or the great india palce , i guess they are coming up with some setup there but then i hope its not very expensive!!
There's another gym in the Shopprix mall on the top floor, it looks decent but i have a hitch that good looking places drill a deep hole in your pocket if its in Noida.

Last edited by nickoo : 6th August 2008 at 12:00.
Old 6th August 2008, 11:57   #11
BHPian

Did you try Gold Gym in sec 30 ? Should be 25K for a couple. good gym
Old 6th August 2008, 12:10   #12
Team-BHP Support

Golds gym is 4000/month/couple and simply not worth it.
If I have to pay that much I would rather go to a gym in Delhi as the crowd is much better. Even Golds gym in Noida becomes very crowded in the evenings.

We have been to Club 61/golds etc., and even the smaller gyms, and now it appears that the best option is to look for a gym open till 10-11pm in South Delhi or whereabouts.
Old 6th August 2008, 12:21   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Golds gym is 4000/month/couple and simply not worth it.
If I have to pay that much I would rather go to a gym in Delhi as the crowd is much better. Even Golds gym in Noida becomes very crowded in the evenings.

We have been to Club 61/golds etc., and even the smaller gyms, and now it appears that the best option is to look for a gym open till 10-11pm in South Delhi or whereabouts.
i am not sure but i have a hitch that there's a gym on your right (if coming from Noida)near ashram crossing as soon as you cross DND. Its on the ring road itself cant remember its name.
Old 6th August 2008, 12:40   #14
BHPian

talwalkars had this offer form 1-4th of august where the charges for whole year for "Complete Health Club Facilities" started from 11111/- plus taxes.

that was a good offer. but they still have some offers going on for some more days.

i would vouch by talwalkars because they have good machines, good trainers and they keep on upgrading too.

plus if you shift in future, i think they offer transfers too in any of their branches allover india.

Mansi
Old 7th August 2009, 13:35   #15
BHPian

Again bumping up an old thread... Looking for a decent gym in Noida which does not make a hole in your pocket. Talwarkars is there in GIP but its too far from where i stay(Near Fortis Hospital). Went to the Sec 61 gym and felt its too crowded during the mornings(I could be wrong, anybody who is a member there please advise). And last but not the least had a look at the new gym Elemention in Sec 62 Noida really impressive gym but its bloddy expensive. About 45K for a year. Suggest me a good gym near Sec 62 Noida. I dont mind going to indrapuram for working out.

Most Viewed