Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2006, 14:20   #1
Senior - BHPian

Sea water turns sweet?

If you've been watching the news, you'd have most certainly noticed this. Prob the biggest demonstration of blind faith since the "Ganesha drinks milk" event.

There's no denying that the water might have turned sweet but officials say, it's due to acidic reaction and is in no way, related to any miracle of any sort.

Having faith is one thing, but this is insane. They're endangering not only their lives but also the lives of their children by making them consume this acidic concoction of death.

So, if you're planning on going there or know anyone who is, please ask them not to. Atleast wait and see what the lab test reports have to say.

Shan2nu
Old 19th August 2006, 14:22   #2
BHPian

Its a Blind faith in India...

with what you say...
Old 19th August 2006, 14:54   #3
BHPian

Yes I too heard that on radio this morning, found it a bit wierd.. but didnt know wat exactly was. Would like to know more bout it in details..
Old 19th August 2006, 14:58   #4
Team-BHP Support

did notice a lot of people standing by the small beach at mahim while i was on my way to work. how did people discover it though?
really wanna see what the reporters have to say, more about how they say what they say.

manson.

Last edited by manson : 19th August 2006 at 15:05.
Old 19th August 2006, 15:22   #5
Senior - BHPian

What kind of people are these who beleive in stuff like that ? And instead of ignoring such things or making people understand things properly the news channels go to town with things like CHAMATKAR n stuff....anything in the name of TRP's.

OFF TOPIC - I dont know how many of you watched the Great Indian Laughter Challenge yesterday - Sunil Pal spoofed the news channels on the PRINCE episode - he said " Bacha 50 ghanton se khade mein gira hai aur uska naam TV pe aagaya , koi chocolate de raha hai , koi lassi de raha - lekin APNA DESH BHI 50 SAALON SE KHAADE MEIN GIRA HUA HAI , USKA KISI NE AAJ TAK KHAYAL NAHIN KIYA"
Old 19th August 2006, 15:45   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OFF TOPIC - I dont know how many of you watched the Great Indian Laughter Challenge yesterday - Sunil Pal spoofed the news channels on the PRINCE episode - he said " Bacha 50 ghanton se khade mein gira hai aur uska naam TV pe aagaya , koi chocolate de raha hai , koi lassi de raha - lekin APNA DESH BHI 50 SAALON SE KHAADE MEIN GIRA HUA HAI , USKA KISI NE AAJ TAK KHAYAL NAHIN KIYA"
Yeah saw that. He put it well though.

Shan2nu
Old 19th August 2006, 16:53   #7
BHPian

haha, saw that news on tv.

i guess this is the best time for mumbai t-bhpians to take their cars to some lonely beach and wash them up with "sweetened sea water" to your heart's content!
we delhi people gets our cars washed thoroughly only twice a year! and that too only on services!

dont miss this god-gifted opportunity! hehehe.
Old 19th August 2006, 17:20   #8
BHPian

I can't begin to imagine how anyone who actually goes and stands near the water can actually think it can be consumed. Someone would have to put a gun to my head to make me do it. The place used to stink till a few months back. They cleaned the Mithi river (nullah) a bit, and now the smell has subsided a bit, but still, drinking that foul mess? Over the next few days the papers will be carrying numbers for hospitalised cases. I guess faith can really move mountains.
Old 22nd August 2006, 00:21   #9
Senior - BHPian

tell somebody in these places that getting up at 6 and running for 10 mins will reduce weight and improve shape, they will never do it.

tell them get at 4 in morning to get the magical water from shiva's (or whetever) temple, it will do good to ur health, they will do it even if it requires walking for half an hour.

we love miracles, don't we.
Old 22nd August 2006, 00:59   #10
BHPian

Its amazing...the stupidity of all these people!
sweet sea water... idols drinking milk...what next?...

the pictures on the news showing people drinking the muddy sea water without a care for their health was too much...and they want colas banned??
Old 22nd August 2006, 04:05   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the pictures on the news showing people drinking the muddy sea water without a care for their health was too much...and they want colas banned??
Hahaha, i've got an idea. Why not have "Miracle Pepsi", and i bet it'l be a lot sweeter than the Sea water. LOL

If they HAVE to have blind faith, why not spread rumours like "owning a Ferrari blesses your family". Haha..... i seriously wouldn't mind that.

Shan2nu
Old 22nd August 2006, 15:54   #12
BHPian

"owning a Ferrari blesses your family".

Hahahahaha cudnt stop laughing!!!!!!Man u hav gone crazy!!!!! LOL !!!!!!
Old 22nd August 2006, 16:58   #13
Senior - BHPian

Jaago India Jaago!!

Guys, I saw this on tv at around 2.00am and decided that i had to go and seethis madness for myself. I went to mahim dargah and was surprised to see a sea of people thronged there and they were all going beserk with the idea that the water was blessed. there were tv crews and police vans on the p.a. system addressing people to refrain from consumong the water as it was dirty and harmful. As if in defiance ti the announcement, a lot of people were actually stopping in front of the cop cars and taking huge swigs of the amber coloured translucent liquid muck that they believed was the water of life. Someone has to educate the people. What was so worrying that if ant miscreants wnted to harm a sizeable part of ant particular sect, it was so easy for them to do it in this religious cloak. Imagine if the water was poisoned, a lot of our muslim brethren would be very very sick or worse....dead!! Wake up India. Jaago India Jaago!!
as if thats not enough, and not to be outdone, there were rumours that Godess Laxmi or Durga i think was supposed to have been consumoing milk. These rumour mongers should be punished severly!!
Old 24th August 2006, 04:09   #14
Senior - BHPian

Man this thread is funnier than the jokes thread!!!LOL!!!

Idol drinking milk...sea water turning sweet......what next......melting cows and fragrant frogs???

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks