Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2016, 12:32   #76
Team-BHP Support

Re: PIO/OCI Queries

OCI has come. Got notification from FRRO to come and collect the OCI card.
Old 16th June 2016, 19:35   #77
BHPian

Do you need to schedule an appointment at FRRO Hyderabad.

I have completed and uploaded the online application of my minor son for PIO to OCI conversion.
Old 16th June 2016, 23:10   #78
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrswift View Post
Do you need to schedule an appointment at FRRO Hyderabad.
No, just show up at the FRRO along with the kid with 2 set of copies of everything. I already collected the OCI for my son.
Old 17th June 2016, 00:58   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

I wonder if anyone knows the answer to this one...

For endorsing new passport in PIO card at FRRO, do I need to apply online or make appointment?

It seems such a simple thing for them to do!
Old 17th June 2016, 11:08   #80
Team-BHP Support

I have never taken appointment for anything in the past 15 years I have dealt with FRRO.
Old 17th June 2016, 12:26   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you Samurai. I'll just pop along there then
Old 18th June 2016, 13:26   #82
PVS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
No, just show up at the FRRO along with the kid with 2 set of copies of everything. I already collected the OCI for my son.
Thanks Samurai, i too had the same question. Will show up at the FRRO with my kid and 2 copies of all the relevant documents.
Old 21st June 2016, 17:28   #83
BHPian

Thanks Samurai and others for the valuable inputs.

I submitted the OCI application at FRRO Hyderabad.
They took only one copy of the application and required documents and said they do not need the second copy.

I had called them the previous week to ask if the minor child presence is required and was told to bring the child, during our visit no one bothered to even ask about the child. (My child had to skip school to visit).

I was asked to provide the PIO copy of the first and last page in a single page.
I had to also upload the PIO document online in the single page format.

Got an acknowledgement by email after submitting the application.
Old 24th June 2016, 14:59   #84
PVS
BHPian

I had submitted the OCI application successfully at the Hyderabad FRRO office at Kavadiguda. Would like to leave behind some pointers

1) The office building is snazzy and new, doesn't look like a government building. FRRO office is on the 3rd floor.
2) There is a separate section for OCI applicants.
3) On entry into the OCI section, you are required to write down the name and address of the applicant (Holder of the PIO card) in a register.
4) The applications are received by a 2-member staff, and they are pretty courteous.
5) We had taken our child with us; the child is supposed to be present at the time of submission of documents; presence is not needed at the time of collection of PIO card.
6) It is MANDATORY to upload the photo page of the foreign passport, and the PIO card.
I had uploaded the PIO card, but didn't upload the passport photo page. It took some time for me to go to the Internet cafe across the street, to upload the passport.
7) Staff will verify PIO and the passport; didn't ask for any other proof.
8) Its better to go with a photo resize app and PDF compression app in your smartphone, in case you would have a need to upload the photos/documents. The max size for PDF is 500 KB, so you would need to resize the PDF, using the resize App.
I would advice you to take your laptop and your data card along, just in case you might need to resize and upload the photos again. Its a pain, trying to resize a photo in a smartphone app.
9) its better to go in by 10 AM whereabouts, so that you have sufficient time to make changes, before the cut-off time for accepting applications (around 1 pm)

OCI card will come after 3 months, as per the staff receiving the applications.

Last edited by PVS : 24th June 2016 at 15:06.
Old 24th June 2016, 19:04   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

It seems that spouse-of-Indian PIO conversions are taking an age, like 6, 9, 12 months. Also, some people are being asked to provide all original source documents as per original PIO application, like proving entitlement all over again.

~
Old 27th June 2017, 15:35   #86
Team-BHP Support

Has anyone used OCI as proof of ID and proof of Address to apply for aadhar card? My son needs aadhar, and I noticed that OCI is an government issued photo ID with DOB, and current address.

It is not one of the listed POA/POI, but it can be considered under GOI issued ID. Has anyone tried this?
Old 27th June 2017, 15:39   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone used OCI as proof of ID and proof of Address to apply for aadhar card? My son needs aadhar, and I noticed that OCI is an government issued photo ID with DOB, and current address.

It is not one of the listed POA/POI, but it can be considered under GOI issued ID. Has anyone tried this?
I asked at Aadhar entrollment center in BLR, they said NO, as its not on the list.
What they suggested to me was get mine done via India Passport and then for my PIO daughter, use my Aadhar as POA for her.
Old 27th June 2017, 15:41   #88
Team-BHP Support

Thanks, I can do that. It is odd that such a convenient ID is being left out.
Old 27th June 2017, 15:55   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, I can do that. It is odd that such a convenient ID is being left out.
Yes, in fact when we went to convert PIO to OCI at FRRO, while the correct address is there on PIO they asked for separate address proof (not required as per official docs though)- and I had to give a copy of my DL.
Old 11th December 2017, 18:45   #90
HKP
BHPian

Hey Team

Completed the online process for PIO to OCI (In Lieu of) and then went to Hyderabad FRRO. OCI has a separate counter, no need for appointments. Attaching the instructions sheet (What I found on the counter, AS IS condition) as this will be useful for anyone who has to go through this. Read carefully, photo specifications, what to upload etc as I saw many people running around for the photo, nearest browsing center (It's so rare nowadays!!) etc

PIO to OCI (In Lieu of) conversion is Free until December 31, 2017 , it mentions a DD amount on this page which may be outdated information.

OCI card has a processing time of 3 months (No delivery). They will give a receipt and you will get an email to confirm the submission. You can still user PIO card till then, airport immigration should be ok with the receipt + PIO card.

PIO/OCI Queries-oci-delivery.jpeg

PIO/OCI Queries-newoci.jpeg

PIO/OCI Queries-piotooci1.jpeg

Date: 11th December 2017 These instructions will be obsolete anytime the policy changes. So mentioning the date also clearly!

\\hkp

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks