Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2018, 20:50   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: All-India bandh on April 30, 2015?

Sorry for waking a zombie.

Wanted to know how will be the Bharat Bandh for tomorrow in Chennai. Will taxis be plying in Chennai? When I was in Chennai long back, bandhs never affected normal life there. Is it the same now?

My cousin is to catch a flight from Cochin tomorrow morning.
Old 9th September 2018, 21:02   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Wanted to know how will be the Bharat Bandh for tomorrow in Chennai. Will taxis be plying in Chennai? When I was in Chennai long back, bandhs never affected normal life there. Is it the same now?

My cousin is to catch a flight from Cochin tomorrow morning.
What I've read is that the bandh is specifically from 9 am to 3 pm, so as to not inconvenience people. Typically, such bandhs are a dawn to dusk affair.

If the trip is important, as much as it might be inconvenient, have your cousin reach the airport by 6 to be on the safe side, and then kill time airside.
Old 9th September 2018, 22:26   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
If the trip is important, as much as it might be inconvenient, have your cousin reach the airport by 6 to be on the safe side, and then kill time airside.
Thanks. He will be traveling to Cochin early morning to catch the flight, but do not know what's in store at Chennai. Maybe he will be stranded till 3pm inside the airport, at the most, I think.
Old 9th September 2018, 22:32   #34
Senior - BHPian

Is it really called a Bandh ? Just asking because why esteemed courts cant take cognizance of this and act like they do in everything else ? Why no consistency!
Old 9th September 2018, 22:33   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. He will be traveling to Cochin early morning to catch the flight, but do not know what's in store at Chennai. Maybe he will be stranded till 3pm inside the airport, at the most, I think.
Ah, apologies, I misread the direction he was flying. Yes, he can wait in the arrivals lounge in Chennai until an appropriate time if required, there are refreshments and seating available.
Old 10th September 2018, 20:20   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Chennai was utterly normal today, with all services functioning as usual, so I guess your cousin must have had a normal experience upon arrival here?
Old 10th September 2018, 20:27   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Chennai was utterly normal today, with all services functioning as usual, so I guess your cousin must have had a normal experience upon arrival here?
Of course, yes. He said all seemed normal there today. I think all these bandh and hartal is affected in Kerala mostly.

His dad dropped him from Kottayam to Cochin. Started at 6 am and reached back by 10 am, with very less traffic on the roads.
Old 11th September 2018, 09:42   #38
Team-BHP Support

Frankly the nation is fed up of Bandhs, whether BJP, Congress or others, this is the most stupid form of protest which appeals to the illiterate. Frankly, no one really gives a damn, the only inconvenience is when the ruling party within a state supports the ban. Bangalore was partially affected by the lack of public transport.
Old 11th September 2018, 11:24   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Frankly the nation is fed up of Bandhs, whether BJP, Congress or others, this is the most stupid form of protest which appeals to the illiterate. Frankly, no one really gives a damn, the only inconvenience is when the ruling party within a state supports the ban. Bangalore was partially affected by the lack of public transport.
Let us put it this way: Frankly the employed are fed up of Bandhs, whether BJP, Congress or others, this is the most stupid form of protest which appeals to the unemployed.

On a side note, all I could make out of bandh was that yesterday (Pune) there was a slight dip in the usual traffic. Otherwise it was business as usual.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks