Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2015, 12:46   #1
Senior - BHPian

Storytelling - Petrolhead Dads & their kids

So, what sort of bed time stories do you car enthusiast petrol/diesel heads tell your sons? All about cars? Anything else?

The staple for my son is a series of "car and jeep" stories, and he gets to choose 2 vehicles which will make an appearance in the story that day.
Old 8th May 2015, 13:21   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Storytelling - Petrolhead Dads & their sons

The tractor , a bulldozer and a cement- mixer truck are my sons favorite vehicles . So all bed time stories revolve around these vehicles . And yeah , he is 2.5 years old and decides which vehicle will take the centerstage that night
Old 9th May 2015, 15:35   #3
BHPian

re: Storytelling - Petrolhead Dads & their kids

Well,my son has an activity of identifying objects in his playgroup. And one day the focus was on cars. He identified all the cars from BMW,Lambo,Mercedes,Alto,Wagon R,Audi etal. His teacher was so impressed that she did mention it in his annual report
This was all possible because of the automotive bed time stories.
Old 12th May 2015, 19:17   #4
Senior - BHPian

My son is a big fan of Transformers (Autobots) and his stories must include Optimus Prime and Bumblebee essentially with decepticon vehicles thrown in only to be destroyed !!!
Boys will be boys !!!
Old 13th May 2015, 16:24   #5
BHPian

ahem! what about dads and their daughters ?

My 1 year old daughter plays around with a single hotwheels car which incidently belongs to her mother from her childhood days. (Yes still preserved)

Regards
Dieseltuned
Old 13th May 2015, 16:42   #6
BHPian

My son's (3 year old) play includes placing all his 20+ Hot wheels cars in liiiine, and then taking each one of them to a parking lot.

During bed time, he recollects how many Figo, Nano and Polo (the cars that I own) he saw during the day. The light in his eyes when he talks about these cars kills all my stress .
Old 4th January 2016, 15:17   #7
Senior - BHPian

Re: Storytelling - Petrolhead Dads & their kids

My daughter (18months) and I would spend time on our balcony pointing out and looking at all the bikes passing by.
Now, each time we go out for a walk she insists on wanting to sit on parked bikes!

I have since begun toning this bike enthusiasm down. Dont want her to get pre programmed! Too risky riding a bike now.

Bed time stories now revolve around animals
Old 4th January 2016, 15:32   #8
BHPian

Re: Storytelling - Petrolhead Dads & their kids

Kids do follow their elders particularly if you are a petrolhead.

I remember from 2000 to 2005, my sons favourite exercise would be to sit in the rear of the car and during night time identify cars by their headlights. Then he grew up and turned to basketball.

My driving crazy gene is more inherited by my daughter who has been driving ever since she turned 18. Today she has an Active i20 and the newly launched Baleno and is the prime driver in her family. Her eyes are now set on the Thar.

But even today if we all go for a walk together in the evening in our colony which has stilt parking, the discussion mainly focuses around the cars parked and their pluses and minuses.

And the best way for the family to spend a Sunday is still to have a king size omlette made by dad (yours truly), clean all vehicles in garage and go for a newly launched vehicle test drive.

Last edited by nkghai : 4th January 2016 at 15:34.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks