Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2015, 11:24   #1
BHPian

Jan Suraksha: A Central Government Initiative

Jan Suraksha : A wonderful initiative by the Central government :

Launch date : 09/05/2015 at 6 PM

IMHO, This is one of the major citizen-centric schemes ever launched in independent India. I have no doubt that this scheme is going to revolutionize the medical sector in India. It is a win-win scenario for both - Government and citizens.

1. Pradhanmantri Suraksha Bima Yojana :
- Annual Payment of INR 12 for the accidental insurance of INR 200.000,00
- Eligibility : Age - 18 to 70 years

2. Pradhanmantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana :
- Annual payment of INR 330 for the Life insurance of INR 200.000,00
- Eligibility : Age - 18 to 50 years

3. Atal Pension Yojana:
- Investment of INR 42 - INR 210 per month and get INR 1.000,00 - INR 5.000,00 per month after the age of 60
- Eligibility : Age - 18 to 40 years

Other points:
- One must have the savings bank account in order to opt these schemes.
- Insurance period : 1st June - 31st May.
- Auto-Debit facility available.
- More information is available at www.jansuraksha.gov.in / www.financialservices.gov.in
- Toll free number : 1800 102 2636

Kudos to the central government!

Am up for it !!! Hope I can buy it online as soon as its launched.

Disclaimer : I am in no capacity associated with these schemes or with an insurance agent. Today, Many sections of society can't afford the expensive Mediclaim policies, therefore they can't opt for the best available medical facilities. Let's make these sections of society aware of these schemes for their well being. I am planning to get one for my domestic help.
Attached Thumbnails
Jan Suraksha: A Central Government Initiative-capture.jpg  

Last edited by MunnabhaiMBBS : 9th May 2015 at 11:37.
Old 9th May 2015, 12:07   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Jan Suraksha: A Central Government Initiative

This is a very good initiative towards a social issue. India has a very low penetration level of life insurance due to low income level and low awareness of the importance of a life insurance policy. These schemes are light on pocket and hence people even within the low income bracket should also make use of it. Not only them, but more and more Indians should enroll for the social security of their family.

Thanks for sharing it.
Old 9th May 2015, 14:05   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: Jan Suraksha: A Central Government Initiative

Good invitiatve.

But talking specifically about the Pension plan - how does it compare to the EPF and the NPS?

Any mathemetical and financial comparison analysis available.. would be good to have?
Old 9th May 2015, 17:15   #4
BHPian

Re: Jan Suraksha: A Central Government Initiative

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Good invitiatve.

But talking specifically about the Pension plan - how does it compare to the EPF and the NPS?

Any mathemetical and financial comparison analysis available.. would be good to have?
For the time being, I request you to please check the following link for the detailed information :

http://www.jansuraksha.gov.in/PDF/APY/FAQs.pdf
Old 9th May 2015, 20:26   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

2 days back I got an SMS from ICICI bank for activating the accident insurance. I was asked to respond to some number via SMS & provide nominee name to enrol. Not sure they'll chase me for some documents after that. But a great move. As such with government projects, I have my reservations on the sum being disbursed in the event of the unavoidable.

I would like to enrol for the pension scheme; can private employees sign up as well?? Again, not sure the pension scheme will be paid out without making people run after the sarkari officers
Old 9th May 2015, 21:14   #6
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
2 days back I got an SMS from ICICI bank for activating the accident insurance. I was asked to respond to some number via SMS & provide nominee name to enrol. Not sure they'll chase me for some documents after that. But a great move. As such with government projects, I have my reservations on the sum being disbursed in the event of the unavoidable.

I would like to enrol for the pension scheme; can private employees sign up as well?? Again, not sure the pension scheme will be paid out without making people run after the sarkari officers
The Atal pension yogna is just like NPS. I would advice to join NPS only, as you can get 80 C benefits, can decide how much you can put in equities ( Maximum 50%). NPS is the plan with the least administrative charges when compared with similar schemes across the world.
Old 9th May 2015, 23:04   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Yes, you can very much opt for the pension scheme (APY). Any citizen having the savings account is eligible for the same. That's the beauty of it!

For more information, please visit the following link :

http://jansuraksha.gov.in/PDF/apy/scheme.pdf
Old 11th May 2015, 00:37   #8
Senior - BHPian

Is AADHAAR card a pre-requisite to apply in these schemes?

From the FAQ - it says that its not mandoatory - but is required for enrollment. What does that mean?
Old 11th May 2015, 11:52   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Is AADHAAR card a pre-requisite to apply in these schemes?

From the FAQ - it says that its not mandoatory - but is required for enrollment. What does that mean?
From what I gather, it should be mandatory, because otherwise I can opt for multiple subsidized insurance schemes using different banks and accounts.
Using Aadhar makes it unique for a living creature.

@Thread:
I hope that we can enroll anytime in our lives. I can imagine huge crowds at the banks right now in the rush to get enrolled.
Old 11th May 2015, 12:34   #10
BHPian

A very good initiative from the government, esp the accidental insurance which is a boon for the unorganised sector workers. A 2 lakh rupees cheque during such a situation will be very helpful for the needy. I hope the claim procedures are transparent & hassle free without any embezzlement here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
I hope that we can enroll anytime in our lives. I can imagine huge crowds at the banks right now in the rush to get enrolled.
It is probably better now, compared to end of the month when everyone will make a beeline to apply for it.

Most Viewed