Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2008, 15:20   #1906
BHPian

@blackadder - didnt think many would notice the cloth, but yeah it is nice one, have another with bikes, use it as a curtain... nice 500 out there.

@BEEM3R - Thanks for the compliment mate. The car at the side of the Pullman is a Chevrolet Epica, got it cause I have a 1:1 Epica. It is a Chinese dealer model, picked it up on e-bay, even the Toyota Corolla and Landcruiser were available from the same vendor. All in 1:18, they are priced in the same range as the AutoArt models. The quality is quite good, and it features four opening doors, opening hood & boot, working steering and suspension, carpeting and foldable side view mirrors. YES that is the Mustang GT Eleanor from Shelby Collectibles, the Enzo is from Hot Wheels, got it as a gift.

And on the topic of Corvettes & Exoto, well the golden car next to the Dodge Charger is a Corvette from Exoto, the official color is Suzuka Sun. It is extremely well detailed and is quite heavy compared to the rest. Will post some pictures. Also have a 1:1 Corvette badge right from the dealership, and a 1:64 Corvette C6 from Greenlight.

I have three vehicles from Exoto so far, a UN livery HMMWV (1:43), Alfa Romeo 500 Ferrari Transporter (1:43) and the 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport Coupe (1:18).
Old 9th March 2008, 15:38   #1907
Senior - BHPian

@ RPMPKDMFF wat is the red & black pickup in front of the elanor?? is it a 32 ford pickup? please give me a detailed description.
Old 9th March 2008, 15:58   #1908
BHPian

1931 Ford Model A Tow Truck

@ amit V8 - It is a 1:18, 1931 Ford Model A Tow Truck from Signature Models. Red on Black. Functioning Steering Wheel. Workable tailgate & pulley system. Opening doors & hood. The measurements are 8.75"Lx 3.25"Wx 3.5"H
Old 9th March 2008, 16:00   #1909
BHPian

RPMPKDMFF : Haha the reason I mentioned the Exoto Vettes was cause I saw the golden vette and I was thinking "I could swear Ive seen that Exoto". And the epica looked like an epica but didnt know if anyone made it. I have the Chevy S-RV or H-RV as sold in China by the same company. Ive been eyeing a landcruiser at King of Hobbies but theyre pricing it more like a BBR than an Autoart.

I like that C4 what make is that? The Orange Hummer H1 also looks like an Exoto from the pic.

I love the Eleanor. I want one myself. Where did you get it? I want to source it.
Old 9th March 2008, 16:24   #1910
BHPian

@BEEM3R - I think I saw the Land Cruiser on souq.com sometime back, it was going at ~AED700. Pretty nice design and features, similar to the Epica, but it is quite pricey for an unknown brand.

The C4 is a Maisto Special Edition, picked it up recently. The Orange H1 is the 10th Anniversary edition from Maisto Premium Edition, workable steering and suspension, opening doors and hood. Am waiting for a chance to pick up the H1 from Exoto.

Got the Eleanor from the US, but if I am not mistaken, did see it in King of Hobbies once, not sure about the price though.cheers:
Old 9th March 2008, 17:08   #1911
BHPian

Here are a couple of new models, 2007 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 & 1970 Plymouth Hemi Cuda Convertible. Both from Greenlight Collectibles.

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/2...e164001ws3.jpg

More to come.
Old 9th March 2008, 17:12   #1912
BHPian

Beem3r, I have seen the Landcruiser at Nikhil's shop. I think it retails for Rs. 4K, the same as a Corolla. Only the Skoda Octavia Laura is priced at Rs. 5K. The models are as good as Autoarts but they do not qualify for BBR prices. Some of these nameless Chinese models are on par with Aa and Kyosho.
I would love to have a model of a black Corolla and also a Fiat Palio in red and gold Siena. Seen it a couple of times on Ebay too. I wish Nikhil could have sourced them.
Old 9th March 2008, 17:59   #1913
BHPian

@blackadder, agree with you on the price and quality of the Chinese dealer models. It is good competition for AutoArt and Kyosho, especially since they offer the daily drivers in 1:18 scale, unlike the Mercs, Beemers, Audis, Corvette and such from AA & Kyosho. Some are priced reasonably, like my Epica I picked up for AED 325 inclusive of shipping from Hong Kong. But the Landcruiser and Epica that were available on the local shopping site were retailing for over AED 700.
Old 9th March 2008, 19:45   #1914
BHPian

According to the Guy who owns King of Hobbies here in Dubai, almost all the scale models are made in the same factory in China. Just like all laptops are made in the same factory in Taiwan. Supposedly AutoArt, Kyosho and so on each of them order slightly more detailed cars than others and charge a premium. Im sure the everyday cars are made by the same company. A New company with no experience cant churn out cars like this. If they look any less attractive than the Kyoshos and AutoArts in my opinion its cause they make all Chinese market cars. And so some of them have the additional chrome strips and what not.

@Blackadder: These cars, the black Corolla, Red Palio and Gold Siena, are they personal cars of yours? That'll be great. Ive always wanted to click pictures of my cars 1:1 and 1:18 maybe with my dad and title them "Boys with Toys" :P
Old 9th March 2008, 20:12   #1915
BHPian

Beem3r, the black Corolla would be for my wife. She says the Toyota looks best in that color. The Siena for me and the Palio for a good pal.
You are right about the factories making the diecast too. I am sure the models by Autoart and Kyosho are outsourced. No company could afford to churn out so many models at one time. ANd just think about the labor they would need.

Last edited by blackadder : 9th March 2008 at 20:14.
Old 9th March 2008, 22:53   #1916
BHPian

@BEEM3R, blackadder - I guess pretty much everything is coming from China now. Luxury goods, toys, electronics... you name it they have it. Even my Hot Wheels are coming from China now. But I have a Alfa Romeo 500 Ferrari Transporter which happens to be made in UAE and also have a few Matchbox 'Models of Yesteryears' branded under Lesney and made in UK

But majority of the cars are coming from China now, that's true.
Old 9th March 2008, 22:58   #1917
BHPian

Exoto is supposed to be shifting its manufacturing base to Dubai. It seems there were quality issues with its vendor in China. Maybe Exotos will get cheaper for you guys in DXB.
Old 9th March 2008, 23:01   #1918
BHPian

YIPPIE. All the better to collect them my dear. By the way, here is transporter truck from Exoto.

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/1...ales057bh7.jpg

Last edited by RPMPKDMFF : 9th March 2008 at 23:04.
Old 9th March 2008, 23:14   #1919
BHPian

Matchbox 'Model of Yesteryears'

Here are the Matchbox 'Models of Yesteryears'

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/3...ales059la1.jpg

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/1...ales060fp1.jpg

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/4...ales061ru0.jpg
Old 9th March 2008, 23:27   #1920
BHPian

Are these yours RPM? If so, hang on to them for dear life. There are never going to made again. Absolute heirlooms. Love that Ferrari transporter.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks