Team-BHP - The Scale Model Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The Scale Model Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1639-scale-model-thread-153.html)

@Zibby - Have you modified ur Testa Rossa? the two lights in the grille?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy (Post 800474)
You have a red Jag XJ220. Doesnt suit it well though. I have it in the racing green, the Jaguar colour.

i couldn't find any XJ220 and E type in british green so i had to go for the red. i have 6 Bburagos in that collection.

Anyone want an M5??
Anyone want a drag Spec 67 musyand Pro Rods by maisto 1:24??

I would have taken your M5 but the only problem is that I dont like those ''M Power" decals/vinyls which u have painted.Also I live in Delhi.

hi here are a couple of small pics of my landrover defender scale model

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPMPKDMFF (Post 800691)
Hey zibby, nice cars, just love the HUMMERs, Jeep and the Shelby. The CLK also looks nice and the Ferrari are just bliss. Keep the pictures coming. And why don't you try completing the HUMMER lineup.

Thats a sweet looking Defender shankar. What scale is it?

@Cyrus: Why are you getting rid of the M5?

thanks

i think it is 1:18 when comparing with my other models.
but its not written on the chassis - Made In China and I bought it a while back at Westside - you cant get Defender Scale Models at Auto Art or anywhere - I even looked for them in England and got a Landrover Defender Pickup version from Corgi as well as a bunch of tiny little landrovers in a boxed set from Hamleys - but frankly none of these are as good as what one used to get around 30-35 years ago - the ones my Dad used to bring me as a kid were first class - all made in England those days by Lesney toys!

cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy (Post 801575)

here are some more of my scale models:various scales

Landrover Defender (Africa) - some dune bashing
Hummer (USArmy version) in the desert
Mini Cooper British Racing Green
then the Chrysler Jeepster - I love this and it performs very well when I play toy cars

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy (Post 801575)

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedfreak01 (Post 801384)
I would have taken your M5 but the only problem is that I dont like those ''M Power" decals/vinyls which u have painted.Also I live in Delhi.

I am not giving/ selling my M5 and i never will. There is one lying in lifestyle Mumbai at pheonix. Thats why i posted the above post

Quote:

Originally Posted by MustangMan (Post 801184)
@Zibby - Have you modified ur Testa Rossa? the two lights in the grille?

no non of my cars have being don't modiified

Hey shankar, those 1:64 Defenders are Matchbox arent they. I have a white one just like yours.

both little defenders - green and white -are matchbox cars
however these new matchbox cars are nowhere near the ones I used to have when I was a kid - those were made in England -these are made in China - somewhere there is a drop in the "feel"

cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy (Post 801651)
Hey shankar, those 1:64 Defenders are Matchbox arent they. I have a white one just like yours.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTA (Post 800605)
Those are some neat models you got there buddy!! Keep it up. Like the maroon ferrari. What make is it?

the maroon ferrari is 1957 250 testarossa. this model was made for shell and i think is made by bburago

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 801574)
hi here are a couple of small pics of my landrover defender scale model

Nice Defenders shankar. I never found a 1:18 Defender yet, it is truly a classic. I have the white Matchbox version though, also have the Range Rover Sport and Range Stormer in 1:64.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 801582)
thanks

i think it is 1:18 when comparing with my other models.
but its not written on the chassis - Made In China and I bought it a while back at Westside - you cant get Defender Scale Models at Auto Art or anywhere - I even looked for them in England and got a Landrover Defender Pickup version from Corgi as well as a bunch of tiny little landrovers in a boxed set from Hamleys - but frankly none of these are as good as what one used to get around 30-35 years ago - the ones my Dad used to bring me as a kid were first class - all made in England those days by Lesney toys!

cheers

how much do you roughly spend on your models? hamleys is quiet expensive