Team-BHP > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2008, 11:43   #2491
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mysore
Posts: 21
Thanked: 34 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
Hi neil thats an amazing hobby you have. can you give me the directions to your museum . Next time when i drive down to mysore, i will love to see your collection. Btw what is the rarest car that you have in your collection. Do you have duesenbergs in ur collection ?
Thanks! The rarest are replicas of the auto and aero firsts. Please visit our web-album's section The Pioneers to see these replicas. Here are the links:

Picasa Web Albums - Autofest City - I... - The Pioneers ...
Picasa Web Albums - Autofest City - I... - The Pioneers ...

We do have Duesys. Here is the link:
Picasa Web Albums - Autofest City - I... - Auburn-Cord-D...
neiltopaz is offline  
Old 24th May 2008, 11:50   #2492
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mysore
Posts: 21
Thanked: 34 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
@neiltopaz.. hats off to u guys!! that is the best collection i have ever seen.. a lot of credit goes to the photography as well.. am in love with the value addition section!! please provide the address and directions to get there.. so people like us can be enlightened!!! cheers!
Clyde really deserves the kudos for photography. He does all of it.

The Value Addition Series involves a lot of planning and imagination.
neiltopaz is offline  
Old 24th May 2008, 11:52   #2493
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mysore
Posts: 21
Thanked: 34 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Well after that AMAZING post by Neil Topaz, I dont know how much of an Impact this is going to be. But nevertheless.

Ohh btw. That a Limited Edition. Only 2500 have been made by ERTL.
Keep it carefully. We have limited editions from Shelby Collectibles - 1/504 worldwide.
neiltopaz is offline  
Old 24th May 2008, 11:59   #2494
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mysore
Posts: 21
Thanked: 34 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner View Post
@neiltopaz : I have no words to express what i'm feeling right now... At this point its just feels awesome viewing your collection from my 17" Windows. And one this is for sure that i'm gonna plan a trip to Mysore very soon.

I have some questions tough... What is your major source for these scale models. I mean where do you get them from. Also it'll be awesome if you could through some lights on Diorama.., How about a lesson on Diorama development.

Damm i need to get back to work its been at least 1 1/2 hrs that i'm glued to Picasa...
Thanks for your appreciation. It goes a long way in helping us improve our displays even more.

We buy our models from Kevin's Hobbies in Canada. You can visit his website Scale18 - 1/18 Scale Diecast Cars - Home Kevin and his wife Irene are very honest and trustworthy and efficient too!

Diorama takes a lot of time to develop - I would rather say it evolves. We have a great artist (our mother) ever willing to contribute. Take a look at the background of our Hummer display and you will see what I mean. Also, it is important to have diorama to exact scale or the display looks lopsided - we have two workshop scenes in scale 18 & 24. Buildings for each are crafted to scale.

In India we don't have many specialized tools or we could have done even better!
neiltopaz is offline  
Old 24th May 2008, 13:12   #2495
Senior - BHPian
 
Dippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai, India
Posts: 7,355
Thanked: 575 Times
Default

Here is a picture of my small contribution to the Autofest City. This is in his Ford SVT display . Neil it has been an honour to be a patron of Autofest City and see my name in your collection

This is a 1:24 Ford Mustang Cobra
Attached Images
 
Dippy is offline  
Old 24th May 2008, 23:24   #2496
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 2
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neiltopaz View Post
Thanks for your appreciation. It goes a long way in helping us improve our displays even more.

We buy our models from Kevin's Hobbies in Canada. You can visit his website Scale18 - 1/18 Scale Diecast Cars - Home Kevin and his wife Irene are very honest and trustworthy and efficient too!

Diorama takes a lot of time to develop - I would rather say it evolves. We have a great artist (our mother) ever willing to contribute. Take a look at the background of our Hummer display and you will see what I mean. Also, it is important to have diorama to exact scale or the display looks lopsided - we have two workshop scenes in scale 18 & 24. Buildings for each are crafted to scale.

In India we don't have many specialized tools or we could have done even better!
Neil can you let us know about the custom duties and hassles when you order from Kevin, what method you use, etc? It would be really helpful.
diecastfreak is offline  
Old 25th May 2008, 00:18   #2497
Senior - BHPian
 
amit V8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: kolkata
Posts: 1,066
Thanked: 198 Times
Default

here are my toys, sorry for the bad quality pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-dsc00225.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-dsc00226.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-dsc00227.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-dsc00228.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-dsc00229.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-dsc00230.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-dsc00233.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-dsc00235.jpg  


Last edited by amit V8 : 25th May 2008 at 00:21.
amit V8 is offline  
Old 25th May 2008, 21:55   #2498
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,010
Thanked: 169 Times
Default

Im on a little roll here...An EVO, a Skyline and now a Carerra GT in one week !!! Ohh and there is my first autoart on the way soon.
Attached Images
      
Cyrus43 is offline  
Old 25th May 2008, 22:12   #2499
Senior - BHPian
 
Dippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai, India
Posts: 7,355
Thanked: 575 Times
Default

@Cyrus: Check out Central at Oberoi Mall Goregaon. They have quite a few 1:18 including the M6 convertibles in white and blue. The other regulars like the CGT, Audi RS4, R8 are there was well.
Dippy is offline  
Old 25th May 2008, 23:03   #2500
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,010
Thanked: 169 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
@Cyrus: Check out Central at Oberoi Mall Goregaon. They have quite a few 1:18 including the M6 convertibles in white and blue. The other regulars like the CGT, Audi RS4, R8 are there was well.
I saw the M6 yesterday. Didnt like it one bit. I bought this from pune central yesterday. These were the other cars there-
M6
R8
RS4
CGT
SLR
Carerra S
M5
S type


Ohh and there was a 1:24 BBURAGO countach for sale at 300 Bucks. Actually all BBURAGOS were at 299/-
Cyrus43 is offline  
Old 25th May 2008, 23:15   #2501
Senior - BHPian
 
Dippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai, India
Posts: 7,355
Thanked: 575 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
I saw the M6 yesterday. Didnt like it one bit. I bought this from pune central yesterday. These were the other cars there-
M6
R8
RS4
CGT
SLR
Carerra S
M5
S type


Ohh and there was a 1:24 BBURAGO countach for sale at 300 Bucks. Actually all BBURAGOS were at 299/-
Looks like its same everywhere. These were the same cars in the Central at Mumbai. Not to mention Lifestyle as well. Looks there is nothing exclusive out there anymore. Back to ebay for me.
Dippy is offline  
Old 25th May 2008, 23:18   #2502
Senior - BHPian
 
S2!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,880
Thanked: 9,669 Times
Default

here are two of the cars i like from my collection. the first one is a ford mustang gt500 with a full list of mods ka list printed on the box in which it was parked. well this one produces over 450hp. and the other is an EVO VIII. i just love these two.
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-gt-500.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-gt500.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-gt500-.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-gt-rims.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-evo8.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-evo8-.jpg  

S2!!! is offline  
Old 25th May 2008, 23:19   #2503
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,010
Thanked: 169 Times
Default

I know dippie. Thats why i am taking a trip to gift centre soon!!
Cyrus43 is offline  
Old 25th May 2008, 23:28   #2504
Senior - BHPian
 
Dippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai, India
Posts: 7,355
Thanked: 575 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
I know dippie. Thats why i am taking a trip to gift centre soon!!

Let me know when, maybe I'll tag along if possible.
Dippy is offline  
Old 25th May 2008, 23:35   #2505
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,010
Thanked: 169 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Let me know when, maybe I'll tag along if possible.
Okie buddy. Imm off to goa in another 5 hours. Will call you once i am back
Cyrus43 is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2020, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks