Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2007, 12:04   #706
BHPian

Hey Milin. The Pajero is made by Autoart.
Rahul14- The Autoart code for the evo you asked is 77196 Mitsubishi Evo IX Ralliart.
Old 12th February 2007, 13:40   #707
BHPian

Some More of my beauties...

Ma Gixxer

Gixxer_rear

Gixxer_2

Beetle, Celica & Audi

Busa, R1 & Gixxer

My Custom Mahindra Classic

My very first & old project MM540 D

Cheers,
Niki..
Old 21st February 2007, 19:31   #708
JPL
BHPian

Which is a good brand of model cars?

Hi,

I used to collect cars when I was younger, mostly the collection consisted of around 200 odd Hot Wheels, though I did give it away, I would like to start collecting again, inspired by this thread and many pics that I saw have cars with incredible detail outside as well as inside.

Well I am in bangalore and I have been to the model art showroom in Forum, Any other place where I can get quality stuff with the detailing etc.. and also one silly question..is this available in the grey market?
Old 21st February 2007, 20:15   #709
BHPian

hey does anybody know from where can i get 1:18 or 1:24 cars in delhi...my budget is only rs.1500 as i dont get much pocket money,i have a bought a few bikes(1:18)as they are very cheap for me to buy..but now i wanna collect cars so pls replyyyy......!!!
Old 21st February 2007, 20:50   #710
BHPian

Nice set of (miniature) wheels u got there Nikibusa.

JPL, glad to know there is another guy who wants to join the diecast hobby.
AFAIK, besides Modelart there are only big malls like Lifestyle and Shoppers stop that offer diecast models. There are a few other specialized hobbyshops in Bombay but you can count them only on the fingers of one hand.

The only models you get in India are Autoart (Aa) in the high end v/s Maisto, Signature and Hot Wheels in the low end.

Few words of caution when you decide to get into the hobby.
Always keep in mind that this hobby is a luxury and not a necessity. You will never feel buyers remorse when you buy a 1:64 every now and then. But get one 1:18 (say an Aa) at full price (approx Rs. 3K) and you will feel whether it was really worth it.

Also remember never to get headlong straight into the hobby. I know of people who got everything in their sight and after a few months the credit card bills made them sell of their collection for a loss. Every model loses its value the minute you get it out of the shop. (Some models achieve rarity but those cases are just as rare.)

I am sure you have read a couple of books on bikes and automobiles and make a list of all the cars you really need. That ways you save a lot by not overspending on something which you may feel does not have a place in your collection.

Also remember that the model only gets its fair value (especially on Ebay) only if you have its plinth and box. So if you have a farmhouse where you can tuck the boxes away, good for you.

Also try to visually inspect every model before you buy it. These are assembled by hand and there are chances that you might be stuck with a car that has gone through bad QC.

Above all, enjoy what you have and have what you can enjoy.
Old 21st February 2007, 21:07   #711
JPL
BHPian

Hey Blackaddrer thanks for the reply man,

I did use to collect the hot wheels though they were bought were cheap, may I would pay is saround 110/- that time, However thanks for your 2 cents..I know its a luxury rather a passion..I guess..

Will let you guys know about my new model soon..

Thanks again Blackadder.

--
JPL
Old 21st February 2007, 21:11   #712
JPL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPL View Post

I did use to collect the hot wheels though they were bought were cheap, may I would pay is saround 110/- that time, However thanks for your 2 cents..I know its a luxury rather a passion..I guess..

Thanks again Blackadder.

--
JPL

I wanted to start with a Pontiac GTO..or a classic chevy camero or a eldorado..are these available with aa..any ideas?

Thanks again.
Old 21st February 2007, 21:33   #713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I wanted to start with a Pontiac GTO..or a classic chevy camero or a eldorado..are these available with aa..any ideas?

Thanks again.

the 59 eldorado, the gto nd the are made by maisto. as for auto arts they are a lot more expensive and are around 4000.

the best place to check on models is ebay...
Old 21st February 2007, 22:48   #714
BHPian

Like Khanak says, Ebay is a great place to shop from but be prepared to pay upto Rs 800 for shipping. Also there is no guarantee that the model will reach to you in good shape unless it has been packed well. The risks are as much as the benefits. I wouldnt like Customs to open the package and apply their taxes too, though this rarely happens.

Maisto makes a very nice Pontiac GTO, both in hard top and convertible form. Its one of their best models out there and it would be a great start to any collection.
The 1959 ElDorado, again by Maisto, is not such a good model but its a big chick magnet. There isnt any girl I know who has not loved it and asked to see it upclose. But from a model point of view, it is one of those models which looks best only from 6 feet away.
Old 21st February 2007, 23:57   #715
BHPian

Thanks Blackadder for the appreciation..Looking forward for more collection..Will keep you guys posted..

Niki.
Old 22nd February 2007, 00:18   #716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackadder View Post
Like Khanak says, Ebay is a great place to shop from but be prepared to pay upto Rs 800 for shipping. Also there is no guarantee that the model will reach to you in good shape unless it has been packed well. The risks are as much as the benefits. I wouldnt like Customs to open the package and apply their taxes too, though this rarely happens.
Im not talking about just buying from ebay, you can also use it as a catalogue and get a good idea of whats available in the market and at what prices.
Old 22nd February 2007, 00:43   #717
BHPian

While Ebay is really works as a great catalogue, the prices are not relevant to the Indian market for as far as diecast is concerned. The owners of Modelart are the only importers of AA, Maisto and Signature in India and the price they fix is the price what you have to pay. I have never recieved a rupee's discount from Modelart in the past 2-3 years. But other independent sellers have given me a reasonable discount on my purchases.
Old 22nd February 2007, 00:51   #718
BHPian

Just 1 question.. By saying Ebay do you mean Ebay india or Ebay us or somewhere else... ?
Old 22nd February 2007, 01:15   #719
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner View Post
Just 1 question.. By saying Ebay do you mean Ebay india or Ebay us or somewhere else... ?
Ebay US...I dont think Ebay India has any models on it.
Old 22nd February 2007, 08:20   #720
JPL
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks again Blackadder.

--
JPL

Hi Again,

Thanks for all the Tips from Khanak also, Any of you guys have any Hot Rods die cast? And also do you guys really buy from ebay US !! I would rather start with something that I can get here..

Lemme see what I can get my hands on !!

Last edited by JPL : 22nd February 2007 at 08:36.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks