Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2011, 09:34   #10261
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Scale Model Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebinmoothedam View Post
I got these models from "Time Out" , Oberon Mall. I guess this "Frisbee" is the shop above Time out ?
If am correct, it's right next to Reliance. Not sure though. BTW, awesome collection. Any cars in your garage?
Old 27th April 2011, 14:44   #10262
Senior - BHPian

Wow!! really nice models!!

btw I was looking for a thoroughly detailed scale model for Hyundai i20 and I searched everywhere but couldn't find it!

Has anyone encountered that specific scale model?
Old 28th April 2011, 00:00   #10263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Wow!! really nice models!!

btw I was looking for a thoroughly detailed scale model for Hyundai i20 and I searched everywhere but couldn't find it!

Has anyone encountered that specific scale model?
I've been searching for i10 and i20 scale models for a looong time, but no results.

Centy toys may be coming out with a plastic model of the former though.

The closest you can get for the i20 is the 1:64 i30 by welly.

Last edited by Arkin evoisrevo : 28th April 2011 at 00:03.
Arkin evoisrevo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2011, 00:01   #10264
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
If am correct, it's right next to Reliance. Not sure though. BTW, awesome collection. Any cars in your garage?
Its one floor above reliance. Excellent collection.
Old 29th April 2011, 12:51   #10265
BHPian

1934 Rolls Royce Phantom II - Torpedo Cabriolet "Star Of India"

Finally the very rare 1:24 model kit of 1934 Rolls Royce Phantom II - Torpedo Cabriolet - "Star Of India" by Italeri which I got luckily @ Prabhat Gift Centre, Dadar while looking for as Hotwheels, Matchbox & Tomica 1:64 cars which I usually collect is complete now.
The kit has been assembled by my very good friend Aditya Mandgaonkar for me who also has a HUGE collection of many 1:18's including very rare to get models like Ford Model T, Land Rover Defender, Shelby Cobra 427 S/C.

Here is the brief history of this car:
Admittedly, before WWII, every Rolls-Royce was unique and something special, as only the chassis could be bought, and the customer had a customised body built by his favourite coachbuilder. There was no standard coachwork, though there were basic designs, which have been built repeatedly when favored but which more or less differed from case to case on closer inspection – for example by a varied chrome trim design or a different position of the door handles, quite apart from the interior
design. Back then, designers and customers were able to let their imagination run wild, resulting in countless fancy body constructions, ranging from bizarre rarities to ostentatious splendour.
The car presented here can be attributed to the latter category, and it symbolises this like hardly any Rolls-Royce built before or since. Furthermore, the “Star of India” is a symbol of a bygone era, when the maharajahs still reigned in India and amongst other things displayed their unfathomable wealth in the shape of fanciful and ever more lavishly designed cars.
This car which has a chassis number 188PY is named after the famous 563 carat star sapphire “Star of India”.
188PY was manufactured in 1934 as a representative vehicle for his majesty Thakore Saheb Bahadur, the maharajah of Rajkot. It was ordered as the successor to the Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost with the chassis number 60797, a Barker Open Drive Landaulet which was one of the first Rolls-Royce Silver Ghosts ever delivered to India.
Its coachwork, a seven-seater so-called all-weather cabriolet, was made by Thrupp & Maberly. The one-of-a kind paintwork is what makes this a very special car: the bonnet and wings are made of polished aluminium and the rest of the body is of a saffron ochre finish, a tinge which is a symbol of purity in India. The interior of the car is also kept entirely in ochre, and the dashboard is marbled with saffron paste. Another exceptional trait of the car is its large number of headlights. Two of them, namely the fog lights, follow the movement of the steering wheel. In front of the windscreen, two small lights flash in bright orange. They ensured that the road was always clear for the maharajah. The two huge searchlights on the right and left side of the windscreen also stand out, as well as two little lights above it with integrated mirrors on their flip side.
Visible on all doors and side windows is Rajkot’s state crest with an inscription meaning “An impartial ruler of men of all faiths”.

Hope all of you will like the scale model as well as interested history of the car
Regards,
Hrishikesh
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-001.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-002.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-003.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-004.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-005.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-006.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-007.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-008.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-009.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-010.jpg  

Old 29th April 2011, 13:18   #10266
Senior - BHPian

Superb assembly Hrishikesh, nice detailing on the car. The Rajkot coat-of-arms on the body looks nice. Good job !!
Old 29th April 2011, 13:37   #10267
BHPian

@ Ravi:
Thanks very much for your comments. Still waiting for the pics of your 1:18 Morris Minor.
BTW, under body detailing of is also very good considering its a 1:24 model kit.
Here are the remaining pics:
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-11.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-12.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-13.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-14.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-15.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-16.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-17.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-18.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-19.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-20.jpg  

Old 29th April 2011, 14:35   #10268
BHPian

That's a real sweet RR piece. The attention to detail is mesmerizing. Apart from the removable parts, are there any movable parts?
Old 29th April 2011, 16:48   #10269
BHPian

@dhrishikesh, good to see the RR assembled, finally! It was long overdue and has come off well.
Old 29th April 2011, 19:13   #10270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhrishikesh View Post
@ Ravi:
Thanks very much for your comments. Still waiting for the pics of your 1:18 Morris Minor.
BTW, under body detailing of is also very good considering its a 1:24 model kit.
Here are the remaining pics:
Wow she is looking amazing and that folded down top looks awesome. I am in love, you did a good job to her. The great thing about Italeri is the parts are in the suggested color scheme, no khitpit of painting.

And finally the hunt of backdrop is over .
Old 29th April 2011, 20:26   #10271
BHPian

Thats is mind blowing dhrishikesh...congrats on such a priceless piece of art
Old 29th April 2011, 20:38   #10272
BHPian

@ Manish,
Very much thanks for your help about the glue & also your advice about fixing the parts properly & yes, I really found a very good backdrop to shoot 1:24's & 1:18's. I will be also taking the pics of my 1:18 Humvee (Maisto - Premium Edition) with the same back drop. I have taken these pics on the terrace of my building, keeping the car on roof trusses.

@ karpusv,
Thanks for your comments. There are not any movable parts in this scale model as its been built using a 1:24 kit from Italeri. I have purposely haven't glued the bonnet & also haven't fixed the top as there are 2 options in top i.e. folded down top & also the closed top.

@ diecast,
I found this scale model kit very luckily for a very little price as well & yes, its really a priceless piece of art.
I bought this kit from Prabhat Gift Centre, Dadar (W) when its owner is clearing the old stock & I bought it around a year ago & actually its a kit imported in 1998. Now its gets sold on ebay for around USD 40.

Last edited by dhrishikesh : 29th April 2011 at 20:47. Reason: Addition of content.
Old 29th April 2011, 23:06   #10273
BHPian

Presenting ECTO-1 from Ghost Busters
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-img00073201103240048.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img00075201103240048.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img00077201103240049.jpg  

Old 30th April 2011, 09:41   #10274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhrishikesh View Post
@ Manish,
Very much thanks for your help about the glue & also your advice about fixing the parts properly & yes, I really found a very good backdrop to shoot 1:24's & 1:18's. I will be also taking the pics of my 1:18 Humvee (Maisto - Premium Edition) with the same back drop. I have taken these pics on the terrace of my building, keeping the car on roof trusses.

@ karpusv,
Thanks for your comments. There are not any movable parts in this scale model as its been built using a 1:24 kit from Italeri. I have purposely haven't glued the bonnet & also haven't fixed the top as there are 2 options in top i.e. folded down top & also the closed top.

@ diecast,
I found this scale model kit very luckily for a very little price as well & yes, its really a priceless piece of art.
I bought this kit from Prabhat Gift Centre, Dadar (W) when its owner is clearing the old stock & I bought it around a year ago & actually its a kit imported in 1998. Now its gets sold on ebay for around USD 40.
Very good scale model and brilliant assembly.
Old 30th April 2011, 20:01   #10275
BHPian

some of my bentley line-up
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-img_4482.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks