Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2009, 01:12   #5281
BHPian

Oh my God! two pages in just one day!
Ok friends,a Hot wheels/Mattel Ferrari 612 S is arriving in my 1:18 Garage soon.
@ Dippy : Great model mate.
Old 30th September 2009, 01:18   #5282
Senior - BHPian

@ dippy, an excellent model. nice pictures too.
Old 30th September 2009, 06:49   #5283
BHPian

Expert advice needed. Is there any website or books that educate one on which die cast models are rare.
Will this book help

Model Price Guide 2009

If anybody have such info, please share , since I have no clue which model is a rare one. I wandered into an old toy shop in an Austrian village with a good 1:18 collection. But I did not know a bargain if I saw one since I have no clue if a particular model is rare or not.

I wanted to buy a Schuco Fire Engine , but it was too expensive in that place.
Schuco :: Produkt Details

Also found this irresistable , and has climbed into my "Top 5 to buy before wife kicks out " list

Last edited by artofzen : 30th September 2009 at 07:00.
Old 30th September 2009, 08:34   #5284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Finally had some time over the long weekend to click my new Autoart 1:18 W124 E Class Here are the pictures
Congrats buddy, nice buy! Look awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gods-envy View Post
Part 2 -
The Mercedes 500k
Wow, thats a masterpeace! Is it the one you got through Autocar subscribtion?
Old 30th September 2009, 08:51   #5285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Ohh Dammit!!

I wanted to be the First one on the Forum to get the 1:18 GT-R on the Forum!! lol......
You can still pick up the white one Cyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
@ Gods envy - You Citroen has me Totalled, buddy !
thanks SuperSelect

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Congrats buddy, nice buy! Look awesome!

Wow, thats a masterpeace! Is it the one you got through Autocar subscribtion?
thanks hanmust, Not this, I got the Ferrari California with the subscription. Still need to get the pictures of those.
Old 30th September 2009, 08:59   #5286
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys. I've been wanting this particular car for a long long time. My wishlist is to buy a real one as well someday. I'm a sucker for the W124. Thats why I guess the pictures have come out so well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Dippy, awesome set of pics. Aer you sure it's a model and not a real car?

Does the bonnet open?
Of course it does . I'll post a pic soon. I had taken but didnt come out well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
@dippy - very nice "tri pointed star". Great pics. Does the sun roof open?
Havent tried it

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPMPKDMFF View Post
1:18 AutoArt, ofcourse it will open.
@Dippy, I wanted to check if the antenna works, because you seemed to have focused on it in one picture.
I tried pulling it out but it didnt. I took the pic because of the attention to detail by Autoart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
@ dippy - What a Merc re.. I was almost looking for you sitting inside somewhere ! Hats off the Autoart.
Seriously. An Autoart is worth every rupee you spend on it. I'm just waiting to have a Merc lineup just like my Ferraris.
Old 30th September 2009, 09:47   #5287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofzen View Post
Expert advice needed. Is there any website or books that educate one on which die cast models are rare.
Will this book help

Model Price Guide 2009

If anybody have such info, please share , since I have no clue which model is a rare one. I wandered into an old toy shop in an Austrian village with a good 1:18 collection. But I did not know a bargain if I saw one since I have no clue if a particular model is rare or not.

Also found this irresistable , and has climbed into my "Top 5 to buy before wife kicks out " list
How about the SL65 Black Series in Orange.

1/18 Mercedes SL65 SL 65 AMG Black Series 2009 orange - eBay (item 160365962714 end time Oct-29-09 00:16:12 PDT)

Limited to 100 pieces world wide. SHould be pretty rare. Other than that I know the Toyota Supra by Kyosho is pretty rare. As is the 190E Evo by Autoart and the Mclaren F1s by UT although Minichamps will be releasing the model soon.
Old 30th September 2009, 11:18   #5288
Senior - BHPian

Recently saw the AutoArt 1:18 Lamborghini Miura @ Model Art Forum mall Bangalore, was available for 5 grand. She was on my hot list.

But the model din't had the Famous eye lashes . Later went to the AutoArt website and the pictures there dosen't show them also . Infact they have cleverly not taken the dead front shot for the website.

The Scale Model Thread-a2.jpg
Old 30th September 2009, 17:28   #5289

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
How about the SL65 Black Series in Orange.

1/18 Mercedes SL65 SL 65 AMG Black Series 2009 orange - eBay (item 160365962714 end time Oct-29-09 00:16:12 PDT)

Limited to 100 pieces world wide. SHould be pretty rare. Other than that I know the Toyota Supra by Kyosho is pretty rare. As is the 190E Evo by Autoart and the Mclaren F1s by UT although Minichamps will be releasing the model soon.

That SL is SHATTERING!!! And I know of those McLarens from UT. Brilliant Cars.

Also, The 190 EVO is not THAT rare, I know of a couple of cars available right now. One I think in Bombay, and a couple in Bangy
Old 30th September 2009, 17:49   #5290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
That SL is SHATTERING!!! And I know of those McLarens from UT. Brilliant Cars.

Also, The 190 EVO is not THAT rare, I know of a couple of cars available right now. One I think in Bombay, and a couple in Bangy
Is the price of that SL shattering as well Cyrus? Imagine the no. of 1:1 scale Fiats you will get

Those UT Mclarens are rare. The LM versions are still available. Its the Maisto road cars that you dont get.
Old 30th September 2009, 18:00   #5291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofzen View Post
Will this book help

Model Price Guide 2009

Thanks for the Schuco link. They have a lot of rare models in 1:18 scale, including some Mercedes Benz commercial vehicles. Good news was I found a 70's Mercedes truck. Bad news is it costs 199 Euros!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Recently saw the AutoArt 1:18 Lamborghini Miura @ Model Art Forum mall Bangalore, was available for 5 grand. She was on my hot list.

But the model din't had the Famous eye lashes . Later went to the AutoArt website and the pictures there dosen't show them also . Infact they have cleverly not taken the dead front shot for the website.

Attachment 199852
Thats because this is a model of the post 71 Miura SV, which didnt have eyelashes anyway.
Old 1st October 2009, 01:25   #5292

Im Getting this tomorrow.

UT DIECAST MODEL 26106 MERCEDES BENZ C-CLASS AMG F1 MEDICAL CAR, SILVER BODY, BLUE DECALS, ROOF LIGHTS, 1997, 1:18th SCALE.
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-c36amgmedicalcar01.jpg  

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 1st October 2009 at 01:30.
Old 1st October 2009, 01:27   #5293
BHPian

@Dippy: Right.

@predatorwheelz:I support your view regarding post Miura SV.

@Manishalive: I think its better to read some reviews before going for it,in some core diecast sites like diecastxchange.Some newer Sports car from Autoart does not featuring Engine,some having model specific problem;like problem with the newer type of hinge they are using.Infact,some people are going against Autoart for now due to their price hike and degrading quality.Infact,I asked a senior member (by collection wise) in diecastxchange about his view regards purchasing of AA models now (previous month),he wrote me "there are many companies who can build class models;we are collecting diecasts of different car models,not different models of AA".I think this is extreme view,I will neither go as hard as him,nor I have so extensive collection and knowledge as him (or them).But its better to read the reviews...
But still,if if you are specially collecting Lamb licensed model and you dont have any access to UK/USA,its a good choice.
Old 1st October 2009, 01:32   #5294

I suggest this: Dont buy an Autoart unless you really badly want that particular model. I bought the S63 from AA because I wanted the car. NOT because it was an AutoART.

Also, Dippsie, The Mercedes Bug has hit me hardcore!!
Old 1st October 2009, 01:54   #5295
BHPian

Yes Cyrus,right.
And if you want to buy Just Autoart,as it is Autoart,I will point you to Ebay.com auctions.You can can get at even as low as 5$.Get 3-4 such bargain,the postal charge will not bug you (Around Rs.2000).S0,your total cost is 5$x4x50=Rs.10,000+2,000=Rs.12,000 So,each model @ Rs.3000.00 .which will cost you a hell if you want to buy one from regular shop.Diecast collectors generally buys from auction in UK and USA unless they are multimillioners.
I am not trying to argue like a "dad",but,Just writing here what I have seen or seeing...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks