Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2009, 10:58   #6046
Senior - BHPian

Whatever Welly models I have seen till now (I have one 1:24 BMW Mini from them), the quality is no good and for 1.4 k I believe, Signature Models are better of costing the same for some models. Signature are even better than Maisto and BBurago I would say.
Old 4th December 2009, 11:02   #6047
BHPian

@ benbsb29:
I have the same white Amby from Centy Toys which has a Indian Flag along with a red siren on the roof.
I am just telling Amit as he can do good modifications on plastic models as well.
Old 4th December 2009, 11:07   #6048
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gods-envy View Post
@bens - the 1:32 scale Evo's are good for that scale

Edit - I still haven't managed time to go and get them
The Kinsmart ones are good for that scale, however the yellow one i have was ridiculed severely on this thread when i had posted it the first time before any mods.

Better go and get 'em before they are gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhrishikesh View Post
@ benbsb29:
I have the same white Amby from Centy Toys which has a Indian Flag along with a red siren on the roof.
I am just telling Amit as he can do good modifications on plastic models as well.
Oh, thats nice! Have you put up pics of it earlier? Sorry i forgot.
Old 4th December 2009, 11:08   #6049
BHPian

1-24 Scale - 1998 Chevrolet Caprice(Taxi)

Quote:
@siddvi,
The Evo is simply Awesome!!!
Thanks to you. If not for your earlier post, the Evo would have still been in the box few more months.

BTW, I also have the catalogs for Maisto and other brands as well from my purchases, will post snaps later.

Here's a 1-24 Scale - 1998 Chevrolet Caprice(Taxi) from my collection.
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-img_3520.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_3521.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_3283.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_3280.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_3273.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_3272.jpg  

siddvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2009, 11:13   #6050
Team-BHP Support

Siddvi, why do you make me so jealous of your collection?!
The Caprice is rare, and i absolutely loved it when it was in production.

The scale model of the same looks good. You didnt mention the make, though.
Old 4th December 2009, 11:18   #6051
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
The Kinsmart ones are good for that scale, however the yellow one i have was ridiculed severely on this thread when i had posted it the first time before any mods.

Better go and get 'em before they are gone.
Oh! so the yellow one has been modified, I thought it came just like that with all the stickering. I thought it would be in its usual WRC livery similar to the 1:32 Ford Focus WRC that I currently have.
Either ways, I gotta pick it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddvi View Post
Thanks to you. If not for your earlier post, the Evo would have still been in the box few more months.

BTW, I also have the catalogs for Maisto and other brands as well from my purchases, will post snaps later.
Good for u buddy .
The Caprice looks good.
Also,what's the make of the Caprice?

Edit - Ben, How about we target Siddvi's house tonight?
You can keep the Caprice, but I get to keep the Evo, let me make it clear right now itself.

Last edited by gods-envy : 4th December 2009 at 11:20.
Old 4th December 2009, 11:30   #6052
BHPian

Quote:
Here's a 1-24 Scale - 1998 Chevrolet Caprice(Taxi) from my collection.
@siddvi, i think you meant 1:34... i have the same model in NY taxi & police livery, will post pictures soon. The brand name is 'Superior'
Old 4th December 2009, 11:53   #6053
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Oh! so the yellow one has been modified, I thought it came just like that with all the stickering. I thought it would be in its usual WRC livery similar to the 1:32 Ford Focus WRC that I currently have.
Here are the old pics which i dug up of the yellow one.

Before :

The Scale Model Thread-before1.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-before2.jpg

After :

Name:  After1.bmp
Views: 1061
Size:  900.1 KB

Name:  After2.bmp
Views: 1007
Size:  900.1 KB

Quote:
You can keep the Caprice, but I get to keep the Evo, let me make it clear right now itself.
You had to let him know in advance?!
Old 4th December 2009, 12:01   #6054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPMPKDMFF View Post
@siddvi, i think you meant 1:34... i have the same model in NY taxi & police livery, will post pictures soon. The brand name is 'Superior'
Nope, the Chevy Caprice is indeed a 1:24 scale, I don't remember the make now, will check and post it later.

Quote:
Good for u buddy .
The Caprice looks good.
Also,what's the make of the Caprice?

Come prepared. You will have to get thru' several layer of security gizmos to get to my collection. BTW, push your plan forward couple more weeks, I have few more AUTOart models coming in. Don't forget to get a container truck coz that's how I shipped in my whole collection when I moved back.
Old 4th December 2009, 12:10   #6055

Ok Guys, I read something a few posts ago about Welly being compared to signature and maisto.

Welly vis-a-vis Maisto has better detailing and a better range of products. I just confirmed the welly pricing with someone and its 1.5K. so that makes it bang in the Maisto Range. BUT, nowadays after the new pricing has been introduced, Maistos have been priced at a stupidly expensive 1650 and above (except for a few)

Signatures on the other hand cost around 2500K+ so it is a completely different range altogether.
Old 4th December 2009, 13:23   #6056
BHPian

Quote:
Here are the old pics which i dug up of the yellow one.

You had to let him know in advance?!
Ben, the black stickering is insulation tape,but what did you do for the wheels? Spray paint?

We should never attack an enemy who is unprepared. Let us give him an equal opportunity

Quote:
Come prepared. You will have to get thru' several layer of security gizmos to get to my collection. BTW, push your plan forward couple more weeks, I have few more AUTOart models coming in. Don't forget to get a container truck coz that's how I shipped in my whole collection when I moved back.
Siddvi,
Where are you put up in Bangalore? Would like to meetup to see your collection.
I have two cars which have container truck size boots (read palio and punto) , So nothing to worry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Ok Guys, I read something a few posts ago about Welly being compared to signature and maisto.

Welly vis-a-vis Maisto has better detailing and a better range of products. I just confirmed the welly pricing with someone and its 1.5K. so that makes it bang in the Maisto Range. BUT, nowadays after the new pricing has been introduced, Maistos have been priced at a stupidly expensive 1650 and above (except for a few)

Signatures on the other hand cost around 2500K+ so it is a completely different range altogether.
Cyrus, Just tried to talk to the distribution center for Welly and that lady(receptionist) had no idea what I was talking about.

Edit 1- Just go through to Mr Vaibhav from Zapak (the distribution centre).
He told me that they recently received the stock and also it would be available across all retail outlets soon.
He also told me that they would not be selling it from this distribution centre.

I have also asked him the modus operandi if we would need to order the same; he would ask someone to get in touch with me at the earliest.
Shall keep the forum updated accordingly.

Edit 2 - Apologies for repeated editing; just got a call from one Mr Deshpande who is handling the Bangalore distribution. He told me that he would be back in Bangalore next week and would meet me and hand me the latest brochures. Shall update you guys accordingly.

Last edited by gods-envy : 4th December 2009 at 13:35.
Old 4th December 2009, 15:11   #6057
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhrishikesh View Post
@ IndrojitSircar,
Thanks for the address of Welly's supplier in India. I also have to check out this place once after my exam is over in January.

Weclome .Anything to help a person.
Old 4th December 2009, 16:26   #6058
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post

Well some of the signature models (Ford model A Pickup truck for 1500) (1960 Lotus for 1350) are at steal price. But for sure before buying we will look for maximum bang for the buck (Saste me Hungama), in your case well welly might be the best bet.
Old 4th December 2009, 16:47   #6059
BHPian

@gods-envy: Most of my models are still in their shipping boxes. I'm looking at getting some display cabinets done. Once done you are welcome to see them, will let you know.

Quote:
Siddvi, why do you make me so jealous of your collection?!
The Caprice is rare, and i absolutely loved it when it was in production.

The scale model of the same looks good. You didnt mention the make, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPMPKDMFF View Post
I just looked at the 1:24 Chevrolet Caprice(Taxi) and the make is Sunnyside Ltd. BTW, its a 1996 Caprice model.
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-1996-chevy-caprice-undershot1.jpg  

Old 4th December 2009, 16:55   #6060
BHPian

Wowwww thats a nice collection there folks..

I need a EVO 1:18 scale very badly, would be glad if someone could help me out! Phlease!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks