Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2011, 06:53   #10381

Re: The Scale Model Thread

Here are some more pictures. These are not mine, but something I found online.

The last one is a comparison with the Autoart Lancer WRC.
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-evoc2.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-evoc4.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-evoc6.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-evoc8.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-evoc21.jpg  

Cyrus43 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2011, 07:52   #10382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
I have noticed that use of FLASH while clicking scale model pics spoils the picture.

You get some kind of white spots on the vehicle and it feels like its dusty which is not the case.

We can see the difference in the Red Land rover pics itself.
Yes, you are right however I have clicked this from my mobile camera and there are very less options to set I tried without flash afterwards but didn't got good result.
Old 2nd June 2011, 09:00   #10383
BHPian

I agree the Etios model cannot be compared to even a Norev Linea model but the fact that the Etios is Toyota's most important (along with the Liva hatch) offering in the volume segment and one of its cheapest products world wide magnifies this model's importance to a genuine model collector.

That was the reason for me to post its images with our Nano.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
That Etios needs to be remade. It is quite possibly rubbish. the Norev Linea is so much better in terms of quality. Sad indeed. Anyways, more....

Here is a Rare Mitsubishi Lancer WRC with the optional lights. Very cool car.
Hi Ravi,

I was assigned the work of researching about the Nano (benchmark data, news surrounding it, comparisons with vaguely simliar cars / quadricycles across the globe, etc). I have also researched extensively about the reasons behind Nano's poor showing and the probable reasons behind it.
This work is of the regular type and is still continuing as the future for the Nano IS very bright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Hi Amar, the Nano's looking lovely !
I agree, the Nano's a revolution capable of being a world beater, if made and marketed well. A Fantastic concept and design.
Hey, I didn't know YOU had a role to play in it ?? More details

Nice Etios too - well proportioned. Made by Norev ??
Magnificent Lancer with fine detailing, a true classic.

Praiseworthy initiative to have a scale model exhibition. I have often face a lot of criticism about me spending a lot on what are "toys" to the general public. Such exhibitions will definately help improve the image that our hobby has and it will be seriously looked at like others (coin, stamps, art, etc collection)

Quote:
Here are some more pictures. These are not mine, but something I found online.

The last one is a comparison with the Autoart Lancer WRC.
Note from the Team-BHP Support: Please use the "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating back-to-back posts.

Last edited by Amartya : 2nd June 2011 at 09:38. Reason: Merged the back-to-back posts. Thanks. Also left a message inline, take a look. Let me know if it's not clear.
Old 2nd June 2011, 09:47   #10384

The Exhibition was not my initiative but of a fellow collector Aditya Madgaonkar. Also, high praise to Hrishikesh and his dad who is so enthusiastic about the hobby and Rushikesh Mhatre who is an upcoming collector and a good friend to boot.
Old 2nd June 2011, 12:11   #10385
Senior - BHPian

We need to see pics of Aditya's collection. It is very cool and desirable.

I bought these recently. I was looking for them for quite some time.

The Scale Model Thread-dsc09069.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-dsc09072.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-dsc09073.jpg
Old 2nd June 2011, 12:31   #10386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post

Attachment 553941

Attachment 553942

Attachment 553943
Is that an R1 behind those two cars?
Old 2nd June 2011, 12:37   #10387
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 553941

Attachment 553942

Attachment 553943
How is the quality of "New ray"? These are pretty common in Reliance Time out stores. Somehow I didnt like the quality of the ones displayed there. How much did you pay for these? I really liked Welly but hard to find any new models here in Cochin. Maisto 1:18 models are really good but lacks the quality in 1:24 models. Kindly input your comments since you are the expert.

Any reliable source to source Welly models online?
Old 2nd June 2011, 13:02   #10388

I would stay away from the new rays personally. I do not like their quality at all. But for someone with a growing collection, these cars are a good start step. And you are right about the Maisto 1:18s being decent but the 1:24s being quite bad. Welly is fantastic in their 1:24s though.
Old 2nd June 2011, 13:18   #10389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
How is the quality of "New ray"? These are pretty common in Reliance Time out stores. Somehow I didnt like the quality of the ones displayed there. How much did you pay for these? I really liked Welly but hard to find any new models here in Cochin. Maisto 1:18 models are really good but lacks the quality in 1:24 models. Kindly input your comments since you are the expert.

Any reliable source to source Welly models online?
@ 1:43 I cannot ask for quality or comment. But autoart is way ahed in that matter. I was looking for these models and so bought them. they were priced at 159 each.
manishalive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2011, 13:29   #10390
BHPian

Quote:
@ 1:43 I cannot ask for quality or comment. But autoart is way ahed in that matter. I was looking for these models and so bought them. they were priced at 159 each.
The models look much better that some of the other 1:43 New Rays i've seen, not to rain on your parade but some manufacturers of 1:43 vehicles do have outstanding quality... AutoArt, Minichamps and SCHUCO to name a few, but ofcourse they do not come at New Ray prices!!
Old 2nd June 2011, 13:31   #10391
BHPian

Quote:
Latest addition to my garage. A bulk purchase of 12 models. Will post the pics soon.
Hey Naveen, Good Collection. I was searching for the Volkswagen Vintage Bus Scale Model, i saw this in your collection. How much is it costing and is it available online for purchase ?
sharma_sanjeevi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2011, 13:43   #10392

Quote:
Ahh yes. I am seriously considering adding a few 1:43s to my collection. First on the list will be the MP4-12C and the Evo 10.
Old 2nd June 2011, 14:57   #10393
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I would stay away from the new rays personally. I do not like their quality at all. But for someone with a growing collection, these cars are a good start step. And you are right about the Maisto 1:18s being decent but the 1:24s being quite bad. Welly is fantastic in their 1:24s though.
True. I keep going to Timeout every week and they keep adding New Ray and Maisto 1:18 models. Since am new to this, am looking for 1:24 models. As I have noticed, I find Welly to be the most reasonable brand for 1:24 models. Unfortunately, not able to find new models here. So waiting for it.

Saw Maisto's new Custom models last week. Since I have Lambo in my collection, didnt buy them. They have quite a few varieties of modded cars.

Quote:
Yes, it comes at a very good price. Why dont you look at Kinsmart? They come at 130 a piece and got a decent finish. I have around 8 models from Kinsmart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
Hey Naveen, Good Collection. I was searching for the Volkswagen Vintage Bus Scale Model, i saw this in your collection. How much is it costing and is it available online for purchase ?
Thanks Sharma. Yes, I got this from Ebay. 12 cars for 2100. Built qulaity not all that great but good for that price.

Quote:
Ahh yes. I am seriously considering adding a few 1:43s to my collection. First on the list will be the MP4-12C and the Evo 10.
Check out kinsmart for reasonable 1:43 models. I got it for 130 a piece but very few models.
Old 2nd June 2011, 16:57   #10394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, it comes at a very good price. Why dont you look at Kinsmart? They come at 130 a piece and got a decent finish. I have around 8 models from Kinsmart.
It's more about the model and not about the manufacturer, I have kinsmart too. I am more into vintage and classic stuff.
Old 2nd June 2011, 18:36   #10395
BHPian

A 1:18 scale Defender scale model is high on my wish list as it is my favourate SUV brand. Please inform the ordreing procedure of the same. What scale is your Defender?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar4x4 View Post

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks