Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2011, 22:22   #10726
BHPian

Re: The Scale Model Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
You can check with www.dreamcarmodels.com. The last time I checked, they had that particular model in stock. By the way, I ordered a Hyundai i30 1:24 Welly model from their website even though it was mentioned 'Out of Stock' and it was delivered in just more than a week. So, you can really get it from them.

Did I see the new Mercedes-Benz CLS added to your impressive collection? Would you please let me know which make it is and where did you get it from? Its awesome and the Porsches are fantastic too!
Thats great. can you please tell me how much they charge for the shipping and all?
Old 14th September 2011, 23:44   #10727
BHPian

To all Fiat lovers (specially to Manish and Ravi aka SuperSelect) and also in line with my theme about Italian manufacturers.

Here are some legendary and very successful rallying machines that Fiat produced. My Fiat 500 scale model is not a rally version but it does have a chequered history.
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-img_1361.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_1364.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_1366.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_1367.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_1370.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_1375.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_1376.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_1378.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_1383.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_1388.jpg  

AmarPaithankar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th September 2011, 06:12   #10728
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rOaD AsSaSin!! View Post
Thats great. can you please tell me how much they charge for the shipping and all?
Here is a snapshot of what you will end up paying if you decide to buy from Diecast miniature scale model Cars,Bikes,Trucks,Planes,Trains,R/C Cars,R/C Bikes,R/C Planes, battery & fuel powered R/C off-road buggies and other automobiles models available online in India at www.DreamCarModels.com
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-welly-miura.jpg  

Old 15th September 2011, 11:26   #10729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmarPaithankar View Post
To all Fiat lovers (specially to Manish and Ravi aka SuperSelect) and also in line with my theme about Italian manufacturers.
Buddy buddy buddy ! You have made my day !!
Thanks a lot, Amar - just the sight of these Italian beauties will keep me in a trance-like state for many days now !! All three are looking fabulous !
SuperSelect is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2011, 12:28   #10730
Senior - BHPian

Wow Amar,

This is just awesome, I love the Abrath versions. the flared arches of 131 is to die for. And like you I do love to have a classic rally collection if finances permit.

I can't wait for more. And in the end how about a group shot that will be icing on the cake.
manishalive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2011, 14:19   #10731
BHPian

Manish,

Thank you.

Finances never permit, what with ever increasing living costs and it is a difficult situation most of the times but this passion for cars and bikes is so strong that I just cannot resist the temptation when I come across a good scale model.

Finances are also the reason for me giving some focus to my collection otherwise I end up having some useless models just because I liked them and repent later (specially on some Maisto and Chinese Burago models).

Has your consignment reached? Do post images of your latest acquisitions at the earliest and also complete your Massive Mini build.

From the eBay links you sent me yesterday, I surfed the site quite comprehensively and was also able to see many scale models by Auto Art, Kyosho on sale. This was also the first time that I was viewing scale models on eBay. I immediately became a member and shortlisted some "affordable" models. Today morning, I again logged on to the site and bought a model of MGB NURBURGRING 1967 #102. It was irresistible.

I am attaching a some images from the Auto Art website.

My credit card statement is not going to look nice (it never does anyway).
I only hope the model is delivered without any damage as I do not have any experience of eBay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Wow Amar,

This is just awesome, I love the Abrath versions. the flared arches of 131 is to die for. And like you I do love to have a classic rally collection if finances permit.

I can't wait for more. And in the end how about a group shot that will be icing on the cake.
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-a2.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-c2.jpg  

Old 15th September 2011, 14:30   #10732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Manish,

Thank you.

Finances never permit, what with ever increasing living costs and it is a difficult situation most of the times but this passion for cars and bikes is so strong that I just cannot resist the temptation when I come across a good scale model.

Finances are also the reason for me giving some focus to my collection otherwise I end up having some useless models just because I liked them and repent later (specially on some Maisto and Chinese Burago models).

Has your consignment reached? Do post images of your latest acquisitions at the earliest and also complete your Massive Mini build.

From the eBay links you sent me yesterday, I surfed the site quite comprehensively and was also able to see many scale models by Auto Art, Kyosho on sale. This was also the first time that I was viewing scale models on eBay. I immediately became a member and shortlisted some "affordable" models. Today morning, I again logged on to the site and bought a model of MGB NURBURGRING 1967 #102. It was irresistible.

I am attaching a some images from the Auto Art website.

My credit card statement is not going to look nice (it never does anyway).
I only hope the model is delivered without any damage as I do not have any experience of eBay.
I agree fully on every line that you have said. In onother forum one guy has a tag line 'Diecast collecting is like eating pistachios: you can't really stop at one'. What a beautiful line.

Well as for my consignment, I am out of India and the honours of recieving the same will be done by my wife.

And you got some very nice model there and that too in British Racing Green. These were a non seller from Autoart and so were / are available for great prices.

I too got one in red and white with extra lights and rally stickers, it is in that consignment. I have recently started on e-bay and till now experience has been very good.
Old 16th September 2011, 00:15   #10733
BHPian

Keeping in line with my theme about Italian manufacturers, now come Lancia which is also a part of the Fiat group. As compared to other bigger manufacturers across the globe (Japan, U.S., U.K., etc), Lancia has produced fewer cars but no less than four Lancia legends are part of the COTC (Car Of The Century) line-up.

The Lancia line-up in my collection consist of 1) Lancia Fulvia HF, Lancia 037 and the Delta Integrale: history of which is itched in golden words in rally records.
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-1.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-2.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-3.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-4.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-5.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-6.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-7.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-8.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-9.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-dsc_0053.jpg  

AmarPaithankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2011, 01:13   #10734
Senior - BHPian

1948 Chevrolet Fleetmaster Woody (maisto)

The Scale Model Thread-dsc00002.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-dsc00004.jpg
amit V8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2011, 07:47   #10735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit V8 View Post
1948 Chevrolet Fleetmaster Woody (maisto)

Attachment 610151

Attachment 610152
Awesome, the color is just right for this beauty, period.

Quote:
Keeping in line with my theme about Italian manufacturers, now come Lancia which is also a part of the Fiat group. As compared to other bigger manufacturers across the globe (Japan, U.S., U.K., etc), Lancia has produced fewer cars but no less than four Lancia legends are part of the COTC (Car Of The Century) line-up.

The Lancia line-up in my collection consist of 1) Lancia Fulvia HF, Lancia 037 and the Delta Integrale: history of which is itched in golden words in rally records.
I am loving it, the Lancia 037 is just awesome. I love the way the rear Bonnet opens. Just one question how come you don't have Lancia Stratos???

If I was in Pune then we could have got group shots .
Old 16th September 2011, 13:42   #10736
BHPian

Hey Manish, at the time I got these three Lancias the Stratos was not available. Recently there were a few in the Sun Star range but I preferred the Audi Quattro and Fiat 124 Abarth over the Stratos.

Now that I have ordered the MG from eBay yesterday which was frightfully expensive, I will have to plan my finances accordingly.

eBay has some immensely desirable models that I had seen way back in 2002-2003 and were priced at Rs. 1875/-. At that time even that was expensive.

Why don't you make it to Pune for a group shot? That way I will not have to order the Stratos!!
Old 16th September 2011, 17:26   #10737
BHPian

Quote:

Here are some legendary and very successful rallying machines that Fiat produced. My Fiat 500 scale model is not a rally version but it does have a chequered history.
Nice Italian collection..
The logo on the fiat 500 is the new fiat logo. Was it this way when you purchased or you change the logo later?

-UB
Old 16th September 2011, 20:54   #10738
BHPian

The logo on the Fiat is as it came with the car. The scale model being a BBurago (China) one, this is the best that can be expected.

In my line-up of Fiats, I missed this little one: the modern Fiat 500 Abarth.

Detailing in the form of Italian flag pin-striping on the bonnet and rear hatch are by me.

This model is also by BBurago (China), but the quality and attention to detail is good.

Talk about quality inconsistency!
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-dsc_0041.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-dsc_0048.jpg  

AmarPaithankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2011, 14:51   #10739
Senior - BHPian

1:24 Willys Jeep and 1:18 Vespa's

Today in a store I was lucky to find on 1:24 model kit for the Willys Jeep by Italeri and an amazing price of S$22. I have been looking for a Jeep for a long time. This one will be a perfect pair for my 1:24 Willys Fire Jeep also by Italery which I got from ebay UK.

The Scale Model Thread-dsc09880.jpg

And then in Singapore there were whloe lot of Vespa scooters, the ones that are not available in India. I picked up 6 of them. This takes my collection to total of 24 (out of 34). I am loving it. Each is S$ 8.9 which is 80 rupees more than India but then, you don't get these in India.

The Scale Model Thread-dsc09886.jpg

Soon I will do individual shots.
manishalive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2011, 21:05   #10740
BHPian

Manish, your Vespa collection is fantastic, especially the Singapore haul. After seeing your first haul at Model Art, Bangalore, I went to many toy shops here in Pune but none of them seemed to even know about Maist's new launch! After following with one shop owner, I got just one: a 1964 grey coloured example.

The Vespas are indeed fine collectables and Maisto has done a reasonably good job.

Your Jeep will be a fine model once it is assembled. You are good at assembling kits. your Mini's "body work" is pending.

Some images of a rallying legend, again from Italy, this time it is the Lancia Delta Integrale. The well detailed and finished 1:18 scale Kyosho is a miniature of the car that took part in the Sanremo rally of 1993 and was 3rd placed.

The Lancia (either a plane body version or in rally colours) is a must have to a collector who focuses on rally machines.

My Lancia Delta was procured from Rakhesh's Automania who are authorised Kyosho distributors.
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-img_1319.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_1320.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_1322.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_1324.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_1326.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_1327.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_1329.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_1331.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_1332.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_1333.jpg  

Most Viewed