Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2012, 23:24   #11236

Re: The Scale Model Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRN6789 View Post
Collection till date -- -- --
You have a super collection.
By the way, from where did you get that batpod from? Looks super.
Old 24th August 2012, 00:01   #11237

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Welcome turquoise chiller,

To answer your query,

Team-BHP - Announcements in Forum : Announcements
Thanks a ton. Will try uploading some pics from my vast collection of over 500 vehicles which primarily consist of MATCHBOX, Hot Wheels & Siku.
Old 24th August 2012, 00:49   #11238

I bought a bunch of these Siku Vehicles. Here they are.

The Scale Model Thread-img_1461.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img_1470.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img_1479.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img_1483.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img_1493.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img_1573.jpg
Old 28th August 2012, 12:28   #11239
BHPian

All - can some one point me to a store (in Bangalore or on the web) where I can buy scale models? A friend of mine has gifted me a Jaguar scale model (model details unknown as the package is yet to be opened) and I have kind of caught the scale model fever and want to start a collection.

Please excuse if this has already been answered
Old 29th August 2012, 13:01   #11240
BHPian

@prashant -Welcome to the Club in Bangalore you can find a shop called Modelart at the Forum (2nd floor) in Kormangala. Also you have Saffire toy store near Garuda Mall. these two are most common. Also most of the big brands shops, Lifestyle/Westside in their toy section have a very few.

Last edited by yajaman99 : 29th August 2012 at 13:03.
Old 9th September 2012, 13:21   #11241
Distinguished - BHPian

Nissan Fairlady Z
1:43 scale by EBBRO - China
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-dscn4466.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-dscn4472.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-dscn4475.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-dscn4477.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-dscn4487.jpg  

Old 9th September 2012, 22:36   #11242
BHPian

here are some studio quality images of my scale models.
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-234.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-123.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-car.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-bw-chevy.jpg  

Old 10th September 2012, 09:27   #11243

The Scale Model Thread

It all began with a gift someone gave to my then 7 year old Son Rishabh. It was a 1:18 scale Yamaha roadster twin and was wholly realistic. It had a handlebar that turned, a side stand and the rear wheel had shock absorber action! It was made by a firm called Maisto and that this was a dinky toy with a difference!

I am a biker and will always remain so. I once owned a RD350 Yamaha which I modified by fitting Grimeca alloy wheels , Paoli front forks, Brembo Disc brake up front, and a fat Michelin rear tyre that I bought from Sri Lanka. One night, a scumbag came to my apartment block and stole my bike. I did not have any suspects and the cops had only a cold trail to follow that led nowhere. Half my life went with this machine and I hoped that one day this thief would be run over by a truck. Then there was a period when I owned a KB100 that took me everywhere, but naturally lacked the oomph that my RD350 had.
Though I own two cars, I enjoy riding my sparkling clean 2007 Bajaj Pulsar150 if I have to go anywhere without the family around Chennai.

Back to the 1:18 scale bike collection. Though most of us know people who collect toy cars, I wanted to be different and true to my passion for motorcycles, I started a small collection going. Then on, it was a perpetual habit to step inside toy stores asking for 1:18 scale bikes. Why 1:18 only? I have seen toy car collections where the sizes would vary from 1:24 to 1:10 scale but I wanted a cohesive collection of bikes all in the same size.
My collection of about 54 bikes includes all the well known makes – Ducati, Yamaha, Honda, Harley Davidson, BMW, Triumph, Aprilia, Kawasaki, Cagiva and more. Among the exotics are a Munch Mammut , a Moto Guzzi Centauro, a Repsol Honda Moto GP , a Cagiva 125, a Ducati Cafe' Racer to name a few. Some of these bikes are sold in bubble packs while a few come with their own base plates. The base plate stand is fine if the bike has to sit on your office desk – without the base plate people in the office will pick up the bike and try to wheel it across your monitor! I removed the base plates from my bikes because they took up too much space in my curio cupboard and besides, bikes look better when they are on their side stand. Even the real 1:1 scale bikes!

To take this photo – I am a serious photographer – I set up the 54 bikes in three rows on a seamless paper background on our dining table and fired two remote flash units. ‘Bouncing’ the light off the wall and the ceiling gave this pleasant low contrast result. Setting up the bikes was a challenge. If one fell over, the rest would keel over like dominoes!

I am almost out of space in my curio cupboard and am planning an all new display system when my collection nears about a 100. A word about the said curio cupboard - it began life as a crockery unit but soon the fine china made way for even finer Chinese scale motorcycles! My wife Sumi eventually gave up in exasperation as my collection grew and the once pride-of-place wine glasses are now relegated to a dark corner somewhere in our kitchen
1:18 scale bikes are made by Maisto, Burago and Welly and are available at all bigger toy shops. All you need to start a collection going is genuine passion and a very understanding spouse, if you are married!

I was till recently a corporate suit and quit my job to chase dreams. My life and soul is photography, playing the guitar, bird watching and more! I live in Chennai and my website is http://camerags.zenfolio.com/

Rags Raghavan
Old 11th September 2012, 12:07   #11244
BHPian

@RPMPKDMFF - Are the truck models from WSI? I'm keen on beginning a collection of trucks and am doing some research at the moment

rgds

Siva

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPMPKDMFF View Post
I'm working on a truck video for my diecast lineup. So I've taken a few pictures on the whole range, it isn't too big though. Most of the lineup is from 1:72 to 1:100.

I've also attached a picture of my dad's train layout (for which, I've the preferred automotive supplier. ) . Not sure, if we have a separate thread for model trains
Old 11th September 2012, 12:13   #11245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivasankar
@RPMPKDMFF - Are the truck models from WSI? I'm keen on beginning a collection of trucks and am doing some research at the moment

rgds

Siva
Go for Conrad/NZG. A bit expensive, but worth the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Phoenix
I'm waiting for Sesto Elemento to come out in 1:18.
If you don't mind spending 20k+, it's already available as a resin model from Frontiart and MR Models.

But since it will begin production soon, I'd advise you to wait for a year or two. AutoArt might make it, going by how they made the Reventon.

Last edited by Rosso Corsa : 11th September 2012 at 12:23.
Old 11th September 2012, 15:07   #11246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivasankar View Post

rgds

Siva
Most of the trucks are Matchbox, some Norscot, a couple of Siku
Old 13th September 2012, 15:48   #11247
BHPian

Apart from Modelart, which other stores in New Delhi keep a good collection of 1:24 and 1:18 die cast cars? I'm looking for the Maisto/Bburago range (or similar) - can anybody help me with suggestions? AutoArt quality is definitely great but I want to start small

On another note, I have an ambitious (but difficult) project - I want to complete a set of models covering the evolution of the E class (see pic). Either all in 1:24 or 1:18. The challenge is, the older ones are difficult to get. In fact, even the W124/W123's are not available - the few that I found are atleast 150-200 GBP :(

Picture Source - http://www.germancarforum.com/
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-mercedes_historie1__732318a.jpg  

Old 14th September 2012, 22:40   #11248
BHPian

@ sumirish: Mate u n I have a similar story, where ur kid was gifted with a bike, my son was gifted with 1:24 Maisto Lamborghini Mucelago..... and till then till today it has been an un-ending streak of buying 1:24 scales(Maisto, Welly, Rastar, Burago, New Ray) finding scale that gives a sheer happiness to my son, the status of my display rack has also shortened by space. Starting today I'll post day by day images of my son's priciest collection of cars....
Today's pix 1:24 Welly Lamborghini Gallardo

The Scale Model Thread-dsc01585.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-dsc01582.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-dsc01584.jpg
Old 15th September 2012, 01:02   #11249
BHPian

May the force be with you.

R2D2 and the X fighter, hope this is the first on the forum

-Sajan
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-_mg_2133.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-_mg_2150.jpg  

Old 17th September 2012, 06:54   #11250
BHPian

Adding random pix of Masarati GT & LP 640. LP was the kick starter for collecting 1:24 diecast scales.....
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-1.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-3.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-dsc01590.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-dsc01593.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-dsc01589.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-dsc01594.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-dsc01595.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks