The Scale Model Thread-m51.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-m52.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-m53.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-m54.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-m55.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by neiltopaz View Post
Hi everyone!

My brother and I are India's largest collectors of scale models based at Mysore, South India.
How many models do you own Neil?

Last edited by Technocrat : 31st May 2008 at 14:28.
Old 30th May 2008, 10:30   #2522

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
How many models do you own Neil?
We have about 1200 scale models.

Hello everyone!

At Autofest City we periodically publish a newsletter detailing various aspects of the collection while updating our patrons, friends and well-wishers about the latest happenings and additions.

We have been publishing newsletters since 2002 and have an online archive for back-issues. Here are the links:
AFC News 2002 - Folder Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage (Jan-Dec 2002)
AFC News 2003 - Folder Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage (Jan-Dec 2003)
AFC News 2004 - Folder Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage (Jan-Dec 2004)
AFC News 2005 - Folder Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage (Jan-Dec 2005)
AFC News 2006 - Folder Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage (Jan-Dec 2006)
AFC News 2007 - Folder Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage (Jan-Dec 2007)
AFC News 2008 - Folder Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage (2008)

From June 2008, we will also post the link to forthcoming issues on the Scale Model Thread and Autofest City threads, for the benefit of BHPians too.

As you go through history with Autofest City you will see how our newsletters have evolved with better layouts and improved photography. Each newsletter is one more step on a long learning curve. Every issue is a representation of our efforts to excel at producing a document that is concise yet comprehensive.

We hope you will find our newsletters informative and interesting. Your feedback and suggestions will always be welcome.

Last edited by Technocrat : 31st May 2008 at 14:28.
Old 31st May 2008, 00:06   #2523

Thats exactly like my one there buddy. BTW just an update for everyone, I am changing the M5s color soon. Mking it matt black. Will put up a deetailed report soon here. In fact watt the hell..Ill do it right away.
Old 31st May 2008, 05:05   #2524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Thats exactly like my one there buddy. BTW just an update for everyone, I am changing the M5s color soon. Mking it matt black. Will put up a deetailed report soon here. In fact watt the hell..Ill do it right away.
That sounds good! Are you dismantling her completely before painting or not? Is yours 1:18?
Old 31st May 2008, 13:02   #2525

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
That sounds good! Are you dismantling her completely before painting or not? Is yours 1:18?
Yes mine is 1:18. I painted it yesterday night. It was completely apart before i did it. One word of advice though, The suspension setup in the M5 is not one that is meant to be fiddled around with.

Here are the Pics. Next step will be a wheel swap between the M% and the CGT. Will try that today.
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-dsc02029.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-dsc02030.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-dsc02033.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-dsc02035.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-dsc02037.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by Technocrat : 31st May 2008 at 14:29.
Old 31st May 2008, 19:24   #2526
BHPian

That M5 looks like as if its made of clay.The original silver looked much better..
Old 31st May 2008, 23:01   #2527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit V8 View Post
my 2005 HUMMER H2 SUT.
hey i'v got the same car in brown though. same pinch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak01 View Post
That M5 looks like as if its made of clay.The original silver looked much better..
yes i agree the car looked much better before.
Old 1st June 2008, 00:39   #2528

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
hey i'v got the same car in brown though. same pinch!

yes i agree the car looked much better before.
Pictures dont do justice. Let me get someone to take a high Res Image of the Car. Believe me, It looks stunning. And i like it better this way irrespective.
Old 1st June 2008, 11:55   #2529
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
no more space in the cabinet!!!

heres the latest addition
British Racing Green
Lotus Esprit V8
Auto Art

Gorgeous shape!
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-lotus-v81.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-lotus-v82.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-lotus-v83.jpg  

Old 1st June 2008, 12:45   #2530

ohh lovely one Shankar. I am planning too to get an autoart soon.

Update on my cars coming from the US. The cars are on their way. They will be here by the 9th.
Old 1st June 2008, 12:46   #2531
BHPian

@Cyrus : I dont quite understand your M5. I see my 1:18s as my dream garage. So my mods have to be as usable as in 1:1. Your badges, Lights everything is Matt Black. It looks like its been primered and ready to paint. The Key to Matt coatings are to keep every decal, badge and light as is. Thats what confuses people and the beauty of it. The car looks complete in everyway yet the paint looks incomplete. And then they realize that it was done on purpose. Theres a phenomenal 997 Turbo here in matt black. Every decal, the wheel etc. was left alone. Just the paint was changed to matt black. And that in my opinion looks mindblowing.
Old 1st June 2008, 12:50   #2532

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEM3R View Post
@Cyrus : I dont quite understand your M5. I see my 1:18s as my dream garage. So my mods have to be as usable as in 1:1. Your badges, Lights everything is Matt Black. It looks like its been primered and ready to paint. The Key to Matt coatings are to keep every decal, badge and light as is. Thats what confuses people and the beauty of it. The car looks complete in everyway yet the paint looks incomplete. And then they realize that it was done on purpose. Theres a phenomenal 997 Turbo here in matt black. Every decal, the wheel etc. was left alone. Just the paint was changed to matt black. And that in my opinion looks mindblowing.
I know but it is easier said than done on a scale model. I will try removing paint from certain places using some thinner. Lets see how it goes. In my life though, experimentation is very important and thus all my mods. Some mods have given me mindblowing results like the scissor doors. Some like the M5 have not made me very happy. If you have noticed, the M5 is the only car in 1:18 that i have modded. It is my playground. All my other 1:18s are as they are. I will soon change the paint scheme again if i have to. Maybe a Red or a yellow this time. Lets see.
Old 1st June 2008, 14:11   #2533
BHPian

All you need to do is tape the lights and shape it correctly with a pen knife. It might be a bit more effort but its worth it. And then apply paint and peel off the tapes. I think you definitely have the skill, and your enthusiasm and will to mod is there for all to see. Try and think outside the bling wheels and overly done up ICE that the present generation is doing. Maisto wheels are swappable so see what can be done there. Dont ever drop your cars so low that the body sits on the wheels. I just think that looks ridiculous. But anyway keep up the good work, I hope to see your mods maturing as you grow older.

P.S. Think of what kind of mods work on what type of cars. You can do tuner mods such as big wings and big wheels etc. on jap cars such as Imprezas and Skylines. The German cars require a bit more understated mods. Next time you're at a book store look at Marque centric magazines like BMWCar. They'll give you a good idea of what mods suit what type of car. Import tuner magazines have a lot of japanese stuff too. Best of luck!

Last edited by BEEM3R : 1st June 2008 at 14:14.
Old 1st June 2008, 15:09   #2534

Beemer, the lights were already black so i was experimenting on a full black theme. I have already remoed the paint from the front and rear lights. In fact i just removed them from the thinner solution. I have to now paint the rear lights Red. which i will do shortly. Also the problem with me is that i am extremely restless..
Old 1st June 2008, 17:59   #2535
BHPian

I can see that, cause you dont know when to leave a car alone. At some point you need to draw the line and move on to some other cars and mod those. The M5 looked nice with the stripes. The ///M on the sides kinda ruined it. And then you wanted to do a spoiler. Just stop at some point

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks