Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2008, 22:38   #2536

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEM3R View Post
I can see that, cause you dont know when to leave a car alone. At some point you need to draw the line and move on to some other cars and mod those. The M5 looked nice with the stripes. The ///M on the sides kinda ruined it. And then you wanted to do a spoiler. Just stop at some point
LOL..tell me about it. Anyways i will buy the paint tomorrow and paint the tail lights. It looks much better now. Will post pics tomorrow.
Old 2nd June 2008, 09:38   #2537
Senior - BHPian

@ BEEMER, where have you been man.. no updates from you since long, when do we get to see your entire garage??
Old 2nd June 2008, 20:53   #2538
BHPian

Cyrus43's M5

I see a huge debate growing about the recent matte black paint job on Cyrus' M5

I saw the car in person and believe me BEEM3R, it really looks MUCH BETTER than what is portrayed in the pics.

I am so much impressed with the paintjob that I even got the B-Pillars of my REAL 1:1 car painted in the same colour from Cyrus. cheers:

The only thing that is BAD is the CAMERA which is used to click the pics.. Too bad that I didn't have my camera with me.

This is one of the best mods he has done on his cars.

@Cyrus43
1) Please try to make some badging. Otherwise, it might look like a test mule.
2) SP™ will definitely sponsor the next paint can.
Old 2nd June 2008, 21:13   #2539

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
I see a huge debate growing about the recent matte black paint job on Cyrus' M5

I saw the car in person and believe me BEEM3R, it really looks MUCH BETTER than what is portrayed in the pics.

I am so much impressed with the paintjob that I even got the B-Pillars of my REAL 1:1 car painted in the same colour from Cyrus. cheers:

The only thing that is BAD is the CAMERA which is used to click the pics.. Too bad that I didn't have my camera with me.

This is one of the best mods he has done on his cars.

@Cyrus43
1) Please try to make some badging. Otherwise, it might look like a test mule.
2) SP™ will definitely sponsor the next paint can.

Thanks Salil. It was quite a surprise you gave me by dropping by. And you tell me when you want to do the Remaining part of the car. The other side i mean. We will go together and get paint. And you can sponsor it!!
Old 2nd June 2008, 21:25   #2540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Thanks Salil. It was quite a surprise you gave me by dropping by. And you tell me when you want to do the Remaining part of the car. The other side i mean. We will go together and get paint. And you can sponsor it!!
Of course, but after a few days. I want to study now :(
Old 2nd June 2008, 21:41   #2541

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
Of course, but after a few days. I want to study now :(
Thats what they all say. Call me when you are free.
Old 3rd June 2008, 11:23   #2542

Autofest City News - May 2008

Hello BHPians,

As already announced, we are uploading the link to Autofest City's newsletters immediately on release.

In this issue we tell you about Carroll Shelby's creations - some of the best Mustangs in the years that concluded his association with the Ford Motor Company, back in the late 1960s.

Autofest City celebrates its sign-up on the website Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Home. We have made some great, new friends here while renewing bonds too!

Take a look at The D'Costas' Wheels, a new docket uploaded to our web-album, featuring most of the cars owned by our family since 1956! This is a special tribute to all those automobiles that served us in good times and bad.

Here is the link to our May 2008 issue:
V7-I5 May 2008.pdf - File Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage

With best wishes,
Neil D'Costa
Co-founder - Autofest City
MYSORE - INDIA
Old 3rd June 2008, 15:29   #2543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
@ BEEMER, where have you been man.. no updates from you since long, when do we get to see your entire garage??
@Mav: youve been missing in action too haha. I dont think the entire garage or even the dubai garage is going to be possible cause only about 1/3rd is on display. Anyway my BMW collection itself is mindblowing. Expect lots of pictures soon. Im gonna get back to photographing the cars.
Old 4th June 2008, 04:06   #2544

Beemie its ben a while since you have made us jealous!! Anything new??
Old 7th June 2008, 23:20   #2545

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
Just added 6 new models to my collection

Attachment 17141

1. Jaguar XK140
2. Mercedes Benz SLR
3. Porsche Carrera GT
4. Mercedes Benz 500k
5. Audi R8
6. BMW M5

I got the Jaguar from Toronto and the rest at Shoppers Stop in Andheri.

Like the rest of my collection these are all 1:18s.

Im facing a big problem with space. All my models are sitting in what used to be a bookcase and you cant really see them that well. Shoppers Stop had a really nice display case given to them by Maisto. I looked through the Yellow Pages to find somethign similar and came across an ad that had a pretty decent looking display case that is made of aluminium. I'll be calling them in a while once their shop opens.

Attachment 17142

How do you'll display your models? Ideally Id like to have them out in the open on shelves but with the dust and fear of kids coming over and thinkign they are toys, Id rather have somethign that I can lock.

Apart from that Jaguar, all the models are basically Maisto Super Flops. Qualitywise. Specially the BMW M5 and Audi R8. The Carrera GT is good to have but not worth. I do not know what has happened to Maisto lately. They are just producing total crap out of nowhere.
Old 8th June 2008, 01:37   #2546

Quote:
Originally Posted by diecastfreak View Post
Apart from that Jaguar, all the models are basically Maisto Super Flops. Qualitywise. Specially the BMW M5 and Audi R8. The Carrera GT is good to have but not worth. I do not know what has happened to Maisto lately. They are just producing total crap out of nowhere.
Sorry buddy. I actually think the absolute reverse is happening. The quality is improving and unluckily the prices have increased too.
Old 8th June 2008, 02:42   #2547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diecastfreak View Post
I know that I could have got models that were a lot better quality wise but my pockets just aren't deep enough and so I guess Im more or less happy with Maisto.
Old 8th June 2008, 12:57   #2548
R.G
BHPian

Willys MB Slat Grille

After a lot of search and wait , my MB is here !!!
Would love to hear from you all about my MB

The Scale Model Thread-tbhpmb1.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-tbhpmb2.jpg
Old 8th June 2008, 20:15   #2549
Senior - BHPian

great finish. can you post some photos of the back. what is the size & maker of it??
btw..great snaps.
Old 8th June 2008, 21:37   #2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Sorry buddy. I actually think the absolute reverse is happening. The quality is improving and unluckily the prices have increased too.
Which models are you talking about? I am pointing to the 2006 - 2007 batch mainly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks