Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2008, 18:04   #3046

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
@Mav: My cousin paid around 30 USD + shipping to his place. Yes Kareena would be nice but what would I do with a 1:18

@Cyrus.: Supra looks great though the wheels could have been better. So how did you like the Shelby?
I think, the Wheels are going Black soon!! But, i am apprehensive about it as it will ruin the originality!! Also, i have always loved the Shelby...And i was considering buying this BUTT...Some people though i was MAD to get ANOTHER mustang!! So i bought the Supra!! This will be a future collectible for sure!

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 1st September 2008 at 18:06.
Old 1st September 2008, 19:24   #3047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
I have a feeling it is.
Yes. And I confirm that it is Autoart.
Old 1st September 2008, 19:36   #3048
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
These pictures are taken at Gift Centre. And the guy is ripping you off!! The Phanton LWB is 42,500 and the RR Boattail is 7,000!!

Also, the detailing on the Phantom is absolute CRAP!!! I have seen both the cars!! And I am voutching for it!!

Thanks a lot for the info cyrus.. i had some doubts, thats why i posted here.. one of the many reasons why t-bhp is helpful!!!
Old 1st September 2008, 19:48   #3049
Senior - BHPian

Two more pictures I forgot to add earlier.

@turbo V12 : That Jag you got is one of Autoart's finest till date.

@Mav: I heard none of the doors etc open on the Phantom. A total rip off really. Better still get the Kyosho Bentleys. You get the Arnage, Continental GT and Flying Spur.
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-09.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-10.jpg  

Old 1st September 2008, 20:49   #3050
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
ok guys, got a call from a person i know who is into scale model collections, have yet to see his collection.He says he has 4 1:18 RR Phantom LWB models for sale, the real shocker is the price.. he is asking for a shocking Rs 65,000! If anyone is interested, please send me a pm for his contact no.Also there is a vintage RR which costs around Rs.10,000.

@Khanak: Can u pls confirm, if these are the same models u saw at fort the other day.
Like Cyrus said, these pictures are taken at Gift Centre. Theres a lot of confusion surrounding the 1:18 Phantom. I believe RR didnt approve of Kyosho or AutoArt to make a 1:18 Phantom and there isnt any news of a license given out yet.The company that makes this Phantom isnt really a well establishded company and hasnt actually acquired the rights to make the Phantom which makes the model unofficial. Buying this would be similar to buying a fake Ferrari Tshirt. Like Dippy said, the doors dont open and when I had a look at it, the rubber was comming off the wheels. The reason it is so expensive is that it is made of resin. Prices of this model are going up. The last time Gift Centre had it, it was going for around 25-30k and now its 44500. The next time he gets it, he expects it to be even more expensive.
Old 1st September 2008, 21:12   #3051
BHPian

@ Dippy : Nice Car.. But considering its from Hotwheels. The detailing looks a little less. May be its just the Lighting, can we have day light photographs .. Hope not asking for too much.
@ Mav : Dude... where are we with out photoshoot planns. This weekend. Or the 3rd..
Old 1st September 2008, 22:07   #3052

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner View Post
@ Dippy : Nice Car.. But considering its from Hotwheels. The detailing looks a little less. May be its just the Lighting, can we have day light photographs .. Hope not asking for too much.
@ Mav : Dude... where are we with out photoshoot planns. This weekend. Or the 3rd..
Are you guys planning a photo shoot?? I would like to join in with my tuners too!!

Not this weekend!! The pune rally is happening!!
Old 1st September 2008, 22:45   #3053
Senior - BHPian

@sinner: Yes sinner the details are good its from the Elite series like your Scuderia. These pics are taken at home since everyone was pounding me to put pics of what I got. Day light pictures in the open will follow soon. Also pictures of the Reventon coming soon as well.

@khanak: Youre right. Will make sense to pick up a Phantom only once it is made by AA or Kyosho after aquiring the rights. BTW pics are up of the GT500 for you
Old 2nd September 2008, 00:15   #3054
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@sinner: Yes sinner the details are good its from the Elite series like your Scuderia. These pics are taken at home since everyone was pounding me to put pics of what I got. Day light pictures in the open will follow soon. Also pictures of the Reventon coming soon as well.

@khanak: Youre right. Will make sense to pick up a Phantom only once it is made by AA or Kyosho after aquiring the rights. BTW pics are up of the GT500 for you

How would this compare to the AA Shelby?

Also I believe RR will go above AA and Kyosho and make Exoto or CMC make the Phantom.
Old 2nd September 2008, 00:15   #3055
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Are you guys planning a photo shoot?? I would like to join in with my tuners too!!

Not this weekend!! The pune rally is happening!!
Count me in too please.
Old 2nd September 2008, 00:29   #3056
Senior - BHPian

@ khanak: The quality is very good for a HotWheels. They have raised their standard since they started the Elite series. Only thing which I noticed missing in the HW Shelby is the ariel in the front on the AA which is not present in my car. Otherwise the flooring, boot etc has velvet carpet type material etc... And the price difference alot the HW for 30 USD while the AA was for 72 USD. Paint finish is good too.
Old 2nd September 2008, 00:30   #3057
Senior - BHPian

The Scale Model Thread-dscn6369.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-dscn6370.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-dscn6371.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-dscn6393.jpg
Old 2nd September 2008, 00:42   #3058
BHPian

Quote:
Oooops.. Guilty as charged, guess i was among the once pounding. Anyways waiting for more pics.
Old 2nd September 2008, 01:13   #3059
BHPian

hey im new on this thread.i have been collecting car models since i was a kid.its been a while since i bought any new ones but i would like to share consisting of my cars.and please let me know if you would like pictures

1:18
ferrari 360 modena
ferrari 550 marenelo
mercedes s class
mercedes sl-500
porsche cayenne
porsche 911 turbo(94 model)
honda s2000
lambo diablo
lambo miura
jaguar s2000
mercedes 500k roadster
lexus ls400
buggati eb110
dodge viper(now broken)
mustang mach 3
the old cevrolet corvette roadster
and a few others..
Old 2nd September 2008, 01:41   #3060

Nice!! Hey adhish, do you want to have a shoot with only our cars first?? Because Mav stays in thane and i think it will ne difficult to co-ordinate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kroniq View Post

jaguar s2000
Jag s2000???

Most Viewed