Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2006, 14:17   #1
Senior - BHPian

Experience with thief

I dropped my parents in the railway station, who were out for marriage function to be held in our native place. Since home alone, gathered with a few friends & had a small party. One of the friend stayed back with me & we went to bed around 00.30 hrs.

Next door doberman was able to break in my KF's boosted sleep. Unlocked the cellphone to check the time & it was 02.30 hrs, the sweet spot for the thieves. My friend was fast asleep. Decided not to disturb him & went to the gate. My house is one in dead end lane, which has 6 individual houses.

At the same time, another friend of mine came out from his house to check out, why the hell this doberman is disturbing all of us. I could not find anything, went to the main lane looking out for any movements. Stood there in front of a house for few mins & the other friend was staying 3 houses behind me.

A street dog was wagging his tail & all of sudden it started to bark at a house, in front of which Iam standing. I understood someone is there behind the gates & swiftly moved. But to my surprise I could not find anyone. I banged the gates heavily trying my luck on alterting few others who could join me in the operation. Iam unlucky here.

After a few mins, I heard a thud sound, Oh thief is scaling the compound wall to the next house. It was complete dark & could not watch his movement.

I stood there disappointed not knowing how to proceed further. Suddenly my friend shouted "thief, thief". So this man has scaled the compound walls of four houses and went the house, where my friend was standing.

We both gave him a chase. Dark well built on his 40's, cut his hair closely, bare chested with a small shorts. It seems he's going to have oil bath after trying his luck. He had applied excessive oil all over his body. Quickly he diappeared in darks.

Few lights were lit on the other side & we were damn sure that he is hiding in a three row house. We decided to walk to the other side looking out for him. Few minutes clocked silently, we decided to get into the dark empty grounds. It was already a thirlling 20 mins & he made a good escape without leaving us any trace.

Went to the police station (at a 1 kms distance) to inform them. There is only one constable in his 50's watching "Lingerie" show in Fashion TV. Explained him & was asked to wait till the station inspector return who is on his rounds. Asked me to take my chair & within 10 mins the inspector came back in his BOLERO. Noted down the address and promised me to put a constable in rounds during early mornings.

Few tips:

1. ALWAYS LEAVE ATLEAST A LIGHT ON IN FRONT AND BACK PORTION OF YOUR HOUSE

2. HAVE A POWERFUL TORCH LIGHT (I MISSED IT A LOT)

3. A IRON OR WOODEN ROD

4. IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO HAVE ONE MORE PERSON WITH U

Do you have any such experiences with thieves?
Old 28th August 2006, 14:26   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise
Went to the police station (at a 1 kms distance) to inform them. There is only one constable in his 50's watching "Lingerie" show in Fashion TV.
so this why the cops dont leave the cop station at nights !

Quote:
Few tips:

1. ALWAYS LEAVE ATLEAST A LIGHT ON IN FRONT AND BACK PORTION OF YOUR HOUSE

3. A IRON OR WOODEN ROD

4. IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO HAVE ONE MORE PERSON WITH U

Surprise - nice tips. but yeah these theives have oil all over their body. Its always good to have some one with you when chasing theives - you never know what these guys could do.

And yeah fast response by the Inspector though.
Old 28th August 2006, 14:28   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dropped my parents in the railway station.... Since home alone...
Think about the people who are aware about this factor and may be you would get a clue...

Quote:
There is only one constable in his 50's watching "Lingerie" show in Fashion TV.
Sad. I think they should provide internet conections in all police stations...
Old 28th August 2006, 14:32   #4
BHPian

one more thing keep a dog thats ur best bet
Old 28th August 2006, 14:32   #5

No. 5 : A whistle. Blow a whistle.
That helps. (of course, the thief runs away; but when you are alone, that's the sane thing to do!)
Old 28th August 2006, 14:33   #6
BANNED

The title of this thread made me think I was going to get pointers on burglary... tsk tsk tsk oh well I guess the search continues...
Old 28th August 2006, 14:39   #7
BANNED

Making friends with stray dogs is a good idea. They're the best guards and low maintenance. Also damn good at chasing anyone who's running away.
Old 28th August 2006, 19:14   #8
BHPian

Quote:
A year ago, a thief came inside our flat in Bangalore thru the kitchen balcony. Have put a iron grill across the whole opening ever since.

The other thing these thieves do is crap in the house so that the police dogs will not be able to sniff anything much. Thankfully the guy who entered our house didnt do that.
Old 28th August 2006, 23:35   #9
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritik123
The other thing these thieves do is crap in the house so that the police dogs will not be able to sniff anything much.
are you serious???
Old 28th August 2006, 23:46   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Haha..
this reminds me of the theif that entered our house.
I was an even smaller kid then and my parents had gone out.
We were sleepin in the ground floor (me and my sisters) and the theif entered the first floor. There were two of them.
One of them was ****ting when my parents came back and we caught him while the other guy managed to run away but it was still quite funny.
Old 29th August 2006, 00:23   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
are you serious???
It has come in the newspapers many times, it happened in my in-laws house and Lamborgini below
Old 29th August 2006, 10:31   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

3. A IRON OR WOODEN ROD
Have a 4D cell maglite. It will have both use. I always keep one under the pillow. Its quite handy!
Old 29th August 2006, 12:39   #13
BHPian

keep a pepper-spray or stun-gun or the like handy at home.

it might help in some other uses also like can be used by females as a self-protection weapon and when required it can render a thief or else in extreme discomfort for quite a significant time.
Old 29th August 2006, 13:45   #14
BANNED

Stun gun is illegal in India except for police use.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks