Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2015, 20:16   #1
BHPian

Say hello to 'Wello', the waterwheel!

Was just amazed with the ingenuity of the product the actual idea and purpose behind it!!

Kudos to Cynthia Koenig, Inventor of the 'Wello Waterwheel'!

Say hello to 'Wello', the waterwheel!-waterwheelro.jpg

Say hello to 'Wello', the waterwheel!-mainqimg9e578ad16a447368b6d2e316dfa2a4bd.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th June 2015 at 10:16. Reason: Inserting images in the post.
Old 19th June 2015, 17:14   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Say hello to 'Wello', the waterwheel!

Very cool, very innovative

I remember reading about this a couple of years back. Hope they gain traction.

Busy in our urban lives, we sometimes forget that there are fellow citizens who don't have access to the basics of life. Couldn't help but notice the woman in the picture isn't wearing any footwear.
Old 19th June 2015, 23:39   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinair View Post
Was just amazed with the ingenuity of the product the actual idea and purpose behind it!!

Kudos to Cynthia Koenig, Inventor of the 'Wello Waterwheel'!
Impressed by the simplicity as well as utility of this innovation. Appreciate the same. Thanks for sharing vinair.

I know of one organization called GIAN: Gujarat Grassroots Innovations Augmentation Network. This is based at Ahmedabad. They incubate grassroot innovation with technical assistance (if needed) to good ideas. They help the innovators by selling the resultant products and also by helping the innovator to sell / license-out the innovation.

I had few interactions with them in past. Was impressed by their ethical practices and genuine desire to help grass root innovators. Most of their innovators were common men, from housewives to cooks to mechanics to farmers.

Their website is: http://www.gian.org/
Old 20th June 2015, 10:15   #4
Senior - BHPian

Its a great innovatation, no doubt on that and not taking anything away. But i do see one problem. While pouring the water i feel the dirt and mud from the wheel could mix in the water. Think about using this in the rainy season in the village roads with all drain and mud on the road. Also it would be extremely difficult to tow if half filled.

Edit: I coudnt help but notice that its made of plastic.

Last edited by Rahulkool : 20th June 2015 at 10:17.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks