Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2017, 19:25   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: Aadhaar Card: Updating mobile number

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
An article which i came across about this subject earlier today.

http://indianexpress.com/article/opi...-4859498/lite/
In related news, i spoke to my bank's relationship manager and told him that there are deadlines for linkage to banks and mobiles. He said the bank is starting to partially freeze certain aspects of the banking for customers who have not linked aadhaar like ATM cash withdrawal.

This is borderline armtwisting harassment.

Related cases are due to be taken up by the SC in November right? Wonder what will happen then.
Old 27th September 2017, 08:05   #32
Senior - BHPian

Aadhar Card: Updating mobile number

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
In related news, i spoke to my bank's relationship manager and told him that there are deadlines for linkage to banks and mobiles. He said the bank is starting to partially freeze certain aspects of the banking for customers who have not linked aadhaar like ATM cash withdrawal.

This is borderline armtwisting harassment.

Related cases are due to be taken up by the SC in November right? Wonder what will happen then.

My bank tried the same. It is important to note that both the Mobile Phone and Bank account deadline to link Aadhaar to is 31st Dec 17. They just cannot freeze any service until then.

There are some many right to privacy cases being heard at different courts. We may just want to hang on till the end.
Old 9th November 2017, 00:23   #33
Senior - BHPian

The first scam reported after re-verification of Aadhar card with mobile number,

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/61499397.cms
Old 12th November 2017, 23:33   #34
BHPian

Making Aadhar linking mandatory for mobile number is hilarious, in a country where the driver switches seat to take the blame for an accident.

From 2018, no big wig will have their "dirty" mobile number linked with their aadhar. Instead, they will have those numbers linked to their maids, gardeners and drivers' aadhar.

A country ruled by a fat buffoon will inevitably become a joke.

Last edited by ashwin489 : 12th November 2017 at 23:37.
Old 23rd November 2017, 16:01   #35
BHPian

Irrespective of my linking or not linking with fingerprint ID. My aadhar already carried the same mobile number. My only concern with linking aadhar was my laziness of going out and getting it done. Today the service providers came to my office and finally i got the linking done. Understandably the others in my office are still skeptical like most in the forum and they have not updated yet.
Old 23rd November 2017, 16:31   #36
Senior - BHPian

My father became one amongst the people who were cheated during linking his Aadhar card to the mobile number. He realized that his subsidy amount was credited to Airtel Payment bank earlier this month, he later went to the place where he had linked his Aadhar card to the mobile number. The staff accepted their negligence for not informing the people about after effects of automation. If a customer gives his right thumb impression, the system verifies it against your biometrics record and also creates an Airtel Payment bank account on behalf of you. Then your previously linked bank account is replaced by the new Airtel payment account. People these days get so many SMS for linking Aadhar cards, so this will go unnoticed till it pinches the pocket. The left-hand thumb impression only verifies your biometric record and no account is created. They later rectified the error and restored the previous bank account. So please visit the customer care center and don't go to mini stores or some third party stores.
Attached Thumbnails
Aadhaar Card: Updating mobile number-proof.jpg  

Last edited by deehunk : 23rd November 2017 at 16:32.
Old 23rd November 2017, 16:59   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
My father .snip. third party stores.
Thanks for highlighting this sir. I was not aware of this. I have never explored these issues before and do not have a valid gas connection itself. Hence please pardon my ignorance. I know one person may not know all answers. So would appreciate advise from all in forum.

My mobile connection is Vodafone. So for the moment can i consider myself lucky that such bank account would not have been changed.

If it was Airtel and the bank account has been changed, will it be possible to check this in the UIDAI website and change it back?
Old 23rd November 2017, 17:13   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitoasis View Post
My mobile connection is Vodafone. So for the moment can i consider myself lucky that such bank account would not have been changed.

If it was Airtel and the bank account has been changed, will it be possible to check this on the UIDAI website and change it back?
This is only for people getting subsidies from Government, not for others. I have not come across any incident where the pension amount was credited to such accounts. It is not possible to check this on UIADI website.
Old 2nd December 2017, 15:08   #39
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

I hadn't mentioned my mobile number in the form when enrolling for Aadhaar few years ago.

Finally decided to get the mobile number updated in the Aadhaar data. Since this is a first-time mobile number update, it is possible only via an offline process at Aadhaar enrollment/update centres.

Asked around and found that there were a few update centres where this would could be done quickly as compared to the larger enrollment centres that do first time enrollments where footfalls would be higher as also the wait time.

Headed out this morning to the update centres where some folks in my circle had got it done recently. Turns out all of them had shut shop and I found only larger enrollment centres where there were long lines and one needs to get an appointment (token) for a specific date/time.

One of the guys at an erstwhile centre told me about Karvy data management services so headed to their office in Indiranagar. Not much crowd and it was done in 10 minutes, for validation they took fingerprints (both thumbs) and a photograph. Had to fill out the Correction form which was returned after a scanned copy of it was saved in their system.

I was surprised to know about charges for these updates as I always thought they were free. The acknowledgment also mentions that the charges for demographic data updates (mobile number, address, etc) is Rs.25 and Biometric data updates are charged Rs.30.
*Note that enrollment is free

FYI - Folks living close to Indiranagar, Bangalore can visit the Karvy office on Krishna Temple Road (opposite Cakewalk) for Aadhaar data updates.
Old 2nd December 2017, 15:54   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post

FYI - Folks living close to Indiranagar, Bangalore can visit the Karvy office on Krishna Temple Road (opposite Cakewalk) for Aadhaar data updates.
I did my aadhaar enrollment in this centre only. Quite easy to access and well coordinated centre.
Old 2nd December 2017, 20:09   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

I went to a Vodafone centre. They keyed in my cell number and Aadhar number onto some site of theirs and took an impression of my right index finger. I thought it was to be the thumb. But the staff member there said any finger will do! Are we supposed to receive a SMS or email saying ' job done'?
Old 2nd December 2017, 20:37   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Are we supposed to receive a SMS or email saying ' job done'?
Yes sir, an e mail is received at the e mail registered against the aadhar number indicating completion of authentication. Vodafone team indicated this would happen in 24 hours time.
Old 2nd December 2017, 20:40   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitoasis View Post
Yes sir, an e mail is received at the e mail registered against the aadhar number indicating completion of authentication. Vodafone team indicated this would happen in 24 hours time.
Many thanks. This is reassuring.
Old 2nd December 2017, 20:44   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
I went to a Vodafone centre. They keyed in my cell number and Aadhar number onto some site of theirs and took an impression of my right index finger. I thought it was to be the thumb. But the staff member there said any finger will do! Are we supposed to receive a SMS or email saying ' job done'?
Any time you do Aadhar verification, you get an instant alert mentioning the same on your email ID & mobile I'd registered against the Aadhar no. It also has a link in case it was not you.
Old 2nd December 2017, 21:52   #45
Senior - BHPian

Meanwhile, Airtel has tried to pull a fast one by silently opening Airtel payments bank accounts for customers when they come for biometric verification. They have been pulled up by the UIDAI.

http://www.businesstoday.in/current/...ry/265065.html

Most Viewed