Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2018, 13:17   #91
BHPian

re: Aadhaar Card: Updating mobile number

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Tried linking my Adhar card with airtel SIM on Jan 3, 2018; received an acknowledgement message that verification request is taken and in next 48 hours I will receive message for the same. No message from airtel till date. Neither confirmation, nor rejection.
Same for me. I got one more message stating below:

"We received a request to verify Airtel Mobile 98xxxxxxxxx5 with your Aadhaar. If you have not requested this, please reply with REJECT before January 05, 2018 04:50 PM."

After this, nothing. No confirmation or rejection.
Old 22nd January 2018, 13:45   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
I am myself wondering what if a person has more than one connection in his/her name from same service provider.

Jio doesnt connect with the process.
The IVR number 14546 is for Vodafone, Airtel and IDEA only.
Regarding your 2 numbers query, I have 2 Vodafone numbers. My main number ( which is also registered with Aadhar) was verified in-store immediately when this linking started.
I have another number which is used in office. This one was verified through the IVR recently. The OTP came on my main number and not on the secondary number. During the IVR verification, it does ask for number of additional connections in your name and you have to punch in the number.
Old 22nd January 2018, 14:00   #93
BHPian

Answering a few queries above about acknowledgement from service provider or UIDAI.

Within less than 24 hours of my registering the fingerprint with Vodafone, i got an e mail from aadhaar@uidai.gov.in with subject
Quote:
Aadhaar XXXX XXXX ****: Authentication Successful
With a tick symbol inside and the following text

Quote:
Dear Rohit R,

Your Aadhaar number XXXX XXXX **** was used successfully to carry out e-KYC Authentication using "Fingerprint " on 23/11/2017 at 14:57:12 Hrs at a device deployed by "Vodafone India Limited and Group Companies" .
Did none of you get this message?

As usual they had a statement that if we had not carried out this authentication you may call 1947 or e mail to help@uidai.gov.in. Maybe you guys can write to this e mail ID and get the status of your authentication.

Last edited by rohitoasis : 22nd January 2018 at 14:03.
Old 22nd January 2018, 15:52   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Wodering, did anyone get a confirmation SMS from the service provider after linking with Aadhar ?
No confirmation sms received but when i repeated the process it said " Aadhar is already verified for this number" or something like that.
Old 27th January 2018, 11:52   #95
Oxy
BHPian

Anyone knows how to get a new Aadhar card made? I need to get it done for my 5 year old son.

Had been to Bangalore One (opposite Phoenix Mall) where I was told that 35 tokens are distributed everyday between 8:30 and 9 AM, so I need to be able to get my hand on one of those, but it looks extremely difficult as there's a lot of crowd on weekends and I hear people queue up from as early as 4 AM.

Is there any other alternative at all? Any agent who does this for a fee?
Old 27th January 2018, 14:28   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Anyone knows how to get a new Aadhar card made? I need to get it done for my 5 year old son.

Had been to Bangalore One (opposite Phoenix Mall) where I was told that 35 tokens are distributed everyday between 8:30 and 9 AM, so I need to be able to get my hand on one of those, but it looks extremely difficult as there's a lot of crowd on weekends and I hear people queue up from as early as 4 AM.

Is there any other alternative at all? Any agent who does this for a fee?
No agents. Its fairly starightforward process.Usually weekdays are less crowded. Probably an half a day off from work would do. Go there by 830am collect the last possible token probably about 35-40. Go back in the afternoon by 330-400 pm and complete the work. Child's birth certificate and One of the parent's aadahar number should do.

Please do not encourage touts for pushing away our responsibilities. Our(middle class) unwillingness to stand in queues is the main rot in our country. Babus and Netas use this weakness and exploit the whole nation.

Last edited by aadya : 27th January 2018 at 14:40. Reason: additional matter.
Old 14th February 2018, 15:38   #97
BHPian

Now it's my turn to worry. A few days back went to an airtel store to have my mobile number linked to Aadhar. The airtel store guy asked me to swipe my thumb. Then he said - sir error hua hai, dobara swipe karo. Which i did. Now I came home and checked- there were 2 authentication successful emails from uidai. That isn't right as I have just one number. I confirm that my cell phone number is linked to aadhaar, but I'm worried about the other authentication

1) I confronted the store guy - he fudged around and no clear answer.

2) I reached out to airtel support, nodal officer, appellate authority one after the other. There were email exchanges but they couldn't tell me what numbers where linked to my aadhaar. They asked me to speak to uidai.

3) I tweeted uidai today and they offered random answers but didn't exactly answer my question. To other people that had similar queries they couldn't give a specific answer.

I seriously think that another SIM has been issued with my aadhaar that day. I need to check what mobile numbers are linked to my aadhaar - is there way at all ?

Last edited by airguitar : 14th February 2018 at 15:40.
Old 14th February 2018, 16:02   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airguitar View Post
Now I came home and checked- there were 2 authentication successful emails from uidai.
I seriously think that another SIM has been issued with my aadhaar that day. I need to check what mobile numbers are linked to my aadhaar - is there way at all ?
Sir i think it is common to have these errors while swiping and then getting two different e mails. I also got two different e mails from UIDAI indicating two different verification times. Though the last sentence in your post scares me, i am fairly certain that this was simply due to inefficient communication between the swipe devices and the server and i would be actually surprised if such errors dont creep up.
Old 14th February 2018, 16:18   #99
BHPian

Quote:

2) I reached out to airtel support, nodal officer, appellate authority one after the other. There were email exchanges but they couldn't tell me what numbers where linked to my aadhaar. They asked me to speak to uidai.....

It is the Airtel (not UIDAI) who should be able to tell you the numbers verified with your Aadhaar number simply because you did e-verification of your Airtel number and it is getting updated in Airtel database and not UIDAI database.

UIDAI at the maximum would be able to tell you how many successful/unsuccessful authentications using your Aadhaar number happened, when they happened and possibly who were the requestors (like mobile companies, mutual fund houses, banks etc). They would also be able to tell you the one mobile number which is "associated" with your Aadhaar (that is the number on which you get messages, OTP etc from UIDAI related authentication services) which they have in their database. They wouldn't have all the other numbers a person uses which is verified by respective mobile companies using Aadhaar.

What I would do initially in a similar situation (if it really scares me) is:

1) open a case with Airtel, write a strongly worded email to the customer care and escalations, probably in bullet points highlighting your apprehensions about another number getting verified with your Aadhaar number and asking them for the list of numbers verified with your Aadhaar. (which I believe you have already done)

I would stress on one point to convey them that if Airtel fails to provide you with the details, any instances of wrongdoings or fraud that could happen due to a wrong verification would be the sole responsibility of Airtel and not yours. I would suggest you to save this email and response from Airtel along with UIDAI authentication logs in case needed in the future.

2) An RTI request to Airtel asking for the numbers verified using your Aadhaar number with your reasons for asking. You might have to provide proofs that the Aadhar indeed is yours since Airtel would not disclose such personal details of others.

Edit:

Actually l believe that this could be the wrong thread for the above query as this thread was started in 2015, long before the e-verification of mobile numbers with Aadhaar started. This thread actually discusses issues with the one mobile number which should be added to each person's Aadhaar number for authentication services.

Last edited by Turbopetrol : 14th February 2018 at 16:30.
Old 14th February 2018, 18:19   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
If you haven't gotten it done yet, I recently got it done for my 4 year old. We were waiting till she turns 5, but the school application makes it mandatory to give a copy of Aadhar while taking admission.

All banks and Post Offices also have a Aadhar counter. List is on their website. I took my chances with a Bank near me and as expected the people manning those counters are typical Babu-mentality junior people. With no one waiting or using services, the lady told me that the closest appointment I can get is a week later. Fortunately, my daughter wasn't with me. This was in Axis Bank. Booked myself there and went to RBL Bank. Similar situation. Took an appointment there too and called up my Corporate Banker at Kotak to get the situation fixed. He called me and Daughter immediately, the next day at a particular Kotak Branch. With a word put in, no coupon or appointment was necessary and it took no longer than 6 minutes to get everything done.
Overall, it was felt, that UIDAI appointed people are inefficient in their work and to show their importance, are becoming more of a nuisance value.
Old 18th February 2018, 20:31   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitoasis View Post
Sir i think it is common to have these errors while swiping and then getting two different e mails. I also got two different e mails from UIDAI indicating two different verification times. Though the last sentence in your post scares me, i am fairly certain that this was simply due to inefficient communication between the swipe devices and the server and i would be actually surprised if such errors dont creep up.
t

I think that you are a little optimistic bro (sorry). Very possible. Very very possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbopetrol View Post
It is the Airtel (not UIDAI) who should be able to tell you the numbers verified with your Aadhaar number simply because you did e-verification of your Airtel number and it is getting updated in Airtel database and not UIDAI database.

UIDAI at the maximum would be able to tell you how many successful/unsuccessful authentications using your Aadhaar number happened, when they happened and possibly who were the requestors (like mobile companies, mutual fund houses, banks etc). They would also be able to tell you the one mobile number which is "associated" with your Aadhaar (that is the number on which you get messages, OTP etc from UIDAI related authentication services) which they have in their database. They wouldn't have all the other numbers a person uses which is verified by respective mobile companies using Aadhaar.

What I would do initially in a similar situation (if it really scares me) is:

1) open a case with Airtel, write a strongly worded email to the customer care and escalations, probably in bullet points highlighting your apprehensions about another number getting verified with your Aadhaar number and asking them for the list of numbers verified with your Aadhaar. (which I believe you have already done)

I would stress on one point to convey them that if Airtel fails to provide you with the details, any instances of wrongdoings or fraud that could happen due to a wrong verification would be the sole responsibility of Airtel and not yours. I would suggest you to save this email and response from Airtel along with UIDAI authentication logs in case needed in the future.
Airtel has been very very obliging. I have gotten back numerous calls from them ( not the support team but escalation teams ). While I think that they have tried hard, I have not got the required answer. One of the more sensible answers was from an Airtel person that called to say the only way to check this is by going to Aadhar centre - his reasoning and wording sounded authentic. It's possible that I'm making an issue out of something small - but it's about how much I want to be in control of my life. I have clearly sent Airtel a note saying that I have only x numbers and listed those and mentioning clearly that I will not assume liability of anything outside that.

Just take away the fact that it is a mobile number, it could well be a similar query about a bank account number, which could be equally a dangerous situation to be in.

At the end of the day, I want to know what's on my name. UIDAI doesn't have an answer. It has to be at UIDAI ultimately - a list of all accounts and KYCs and linkages done using Aadhar - failing which thousands of people will never know how their documents were used - yes, they can know 'who' used, but will never be able to get more details or delink.

Thanks for your answers. If anyone has researched this more or has clearcut answers and solves this for me, I promise to take you on an all-expenses-paid 3 day-road-trip.
Old 18th February 2018, 21:37   #102
BHPian

Quote:
t

At the end of the day, I want to know what's on my name. UIDAI doesn't have an answer. It has to be at UIDAI ultimately - a list of all accounts and KYCs and linkages done using Aadhar - failing which thousands of people will never know how their documents were used - yes, they can know 'who' used, but will never be able to get more details or delink.
As far as I know Aadhaar authentican does not store the details of phone numbers linked to your Aadhaar. It will have the information of who has asked for authentication, from what device, time stamp etc. Airtel have the DB of all their subscribers and what is the Aadhaar linked to which subscriber. It is not impossible for Airtel however they have to query across their entire crores of numbers to find the match. Hope this helps.
Old 19th February 2018, 00:57   #103
BHPian

Quote:
.. It has to be at UIDAI ultimately - a list of all accounts and KYCs and linkages done using Aadhar - failing which thousands of people will never know how their documents were used..
All the mobile companies, banks, mutual fund houses, Income Tax department, EPF etc definitely use Aadhaar for KYC of their members. But the KYC details get updated in their organizations' individual databases, and not in UIDAI database as I understand.

If you feel otherwise, RTI act is your best bet. Send a RTI format request to UIDAI for the details you seek from them and see what their response is.
Old 13th March 2018, 18:34   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Airtel is bombarding me with SMSes to link Aadhaar through the new IVR system. The SMS clearly states 'ensure Aadhaar and mobile number are from same state'.
I think telecom providers are updating Aadhaar as Proof of Identity as well as Proof of Address, In case you are not from the same circle you will be classified as an outstation customer. Hence they ask for a local contact.

So if you are a resident of Bangalore, with an Aadhaar registered to a Bangalore address, Only Aadhaar will do as POI & POA.

But say, your Aadhaar is from Pune, then they use your Aadhaar as P.O.I. and another document as P.O.A., along with a local reference.
If I am not wrong all this for a billing customer only.

- Slick
Old 14th March 2018, 11:14   #105
Senior - BHPian

Had given up on linking my Aadhar with both my India Airtel numbers.

Took the high road and told them that I am NRI so no Aadhar to link.

Ignored all warning messages, knowing with a some surety, that the D-day will just pass and nothing much will happen to a paying customer. And, today news comes that Aadhar linking is indefinitely extended by the SC. Good!

Hope some sense comes in as to what Aadhar was meant to be - a pan India ID card; so why do "circle" comes into play?

On a separate note, had taken ACT Fiber Internet connection at CBE using my Kerala Aadhar; seems, if the Aadhar is from another state, they just take sign on an extra form mentioning the permanent address as per Aadhar and current residence address.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks