Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2018, 15:51   #106
BHPian

re: Aadhaar Card: Updating mobile number

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
Please do not encourage touts for pushing away our responsibilities. Our(middle class) unwillingness to stand in queues is the main rot in our country. Babus and Netas use this weakness and exploit the whole nation.
After 4 unsuccessful visits to the government's enrollment centre, I finally managed to get an appointment. However, the appointment is on 4th May 2018.

In all of my previous visits, the answers I got was "server not working", "lunch time", "operator on leave". (I did visit them again after lunch hours (around 2:30 PM) and that woman was nowhere to be seen. She had already left for home.)

UIDAI lists branches of ICICI and HDFC as enrollment centres but the banks never seem to entertain aadhar related requests. Their standard response is "server is down" but UIDAI website shows the banks last login to be very recent (previous day of visit in some cases).

I see that both these bank branches have installed a counter for aadhar related services, but whats the point of having a counter and do nothing with it?

I have no other option but to wait till 4th May to get this done.

I think it is just not worth the time or energy to do it on our own. I would rather pay the agents and get it done with rather than taking another day off.
Old 16th March 2018, 15:54   #107
BHPian

Addres Update

Slightly OT, Mods please delete if its in the wrong thread, was not able to find one for address update.

I had tried updating address online probably 8 times so far, every time it gets rejected saying transliteration error. The acknowledgement copy does not have the correct translation, it has junk characters in it.

If the app is not able tranlsate it correctly , what can i do

Have also given separate documents as per the approved list.

tried different browsers, machines, installed local language extension for chrome, Sent Tweets to UIDAI, CEO of UIDAI... but no answer. Typical govt organization.

They want us to show Aadhar for almost all the transactions at the govt offices but they do not want the citizens to have the latest data updated

has any one faced similar problem and is there a solution to it

Thanks
Old 18th September 2018, 09:29   #108
BHPian

Re: Addres Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaveed View Post
I had tried updating address online probably 8 times so far, every time it gets rejected saying transliteration error. The acknowledgement copy does not have the correct translation, it has junk characters in it.
Brother, any update on the solution.

Have been facing the transliteration error for more than 10 times. Damn , couldn't find any solution till date.

Any help will be really grateful
Old 18th September 2018, 09:54   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Brother, any update on the solution.

Have been facing the transliteration error for more than 10 times. Damn , couldn't find any solution till date.

Any help will be really grateful
I got it solved after I raised a complaint on the consumer complaint forum. Quote the update ID and they will get it done. Consumer complaints.in is the website.

Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 13:10   #110
Senior - BHPian

As per this source, Cellphone companies cannot ask for Aadhar details. Assuming that cellphone companies = telecom firms, this activity of linking Aadhar Card with mobile number/SIM card is now not necessary ?

Plus, it also mentions that private firms cannot ask for Aadhar details.
Old 26th September 2018, 17:34   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
...cellphone companies cannot ask for Aadhar details. Assuming that cellphone companies = telecom firms, this activity of linking Aadhar Card with mobile number/SIM card is now not necessary ?

Plus, it also mentions that private firms cannot ask for Aadhar details.
Supreme Court ruling has come - Aadhar card required only if you use government benefits, file IT returns or for PAN card.

For all other purpose (banking, mobile connection, school admission, etc) - Aadhar is not mandatory.
Old 26th September 2018, 20:56   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
. For all other purpose (banking, mobile connection, school admission, etc) - Aadhar is not mandatory.
For folks who have already linked AADHAAR to their mobile connections and bank accounts, is there a way to unlink the same? If there isn't, the judgement will only have a prospective benefit and ergo, be unfair to a majority of the population who were forced by the Government to comply.
Old 26th September 2018, 21:15   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
For folks who have already linked AADHAAR to their mobile connections and bank accounts, is there a way to unlink the same? If there isn't, the judgement will only have a prospective benefit and ergo, be unfair to a majority of the population who were forced by the Government to comply.
This article from the IB Times is a bit vague: https://www.ibtimes.co.in/aadhaar-su...-number-781556

It seems to imply that mobile connections will automatically be unliked as part of the directive, and for bank accounts, it would require customers submitting a form. It does hint at something more streamlined being offered here, however.

That said, the tone & writing in the article isn't confidence-inspiring and feels speculative, so we should wait and watch to see what means are offered to us.
Old 27th September 2018, 09:03   #114
Team-BHP Support

What really needs to come is a directive from the government forcing private entities to enable the customer to have the right to be forgotten.

Auditing whether this is actually enforced, will be fun!
Old 27th September 2018, 10:23   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
What really needs to come is a directive from the government forcing private entities to enable the customer to have the right to be forgotten
On the contrary, the Government appears bent upon allowing private entities to continue using AADHAAR authentication.

Quote:
Asserting that some of the prohibitions imposed by the court cannot be assumed to be perpetual, Jaitley said the government would assess whether the SC junked Aadhaar-based authentication by banks and mobile firms due to procedural concerns.
Quote:
Replying to questions about the apex court saying no corporate body can seek Aadhaar data, he said, "Don't assume that it is perpetually prohibited. It may be temporary. The Court has only disallowed Aadhaar in some of these cases which is not backed by law."... He said the court has ruled that private entities cannot demand Aadhaar data backed by contract but it was yet to be figured out if it was unconstitutional if backed by law.
Quote:
When asked that if individuals can get their Aadhaar details deleted from the database of bank and telecom companies, Prasad said that their enough security safeguards already in place in the act to prevent misuse of the data collected by private entities.

"Any authentication was done by private company it was done for specific purpose. They were required to maintain sanctity of that storage. Any misuse of that storage is punishable with 3 years’ imprisonment and Rs 10 lakh in fine," Prasad said.
It seems we are yet to see a closure in this matter and that the SC might have to step in again in the near future to set things right/straight.

Link

Last edited by dailydriver : 27th September 2018 at 10:46.
Old 27th September 2018, 12:19   #116
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
On the contrary, the Government appears bent upon allowing private entities to continue using AADHAAR authentication.

I need to correct myself, the court needs to send an order out, not the government
Old 27th September 2018, 12:46   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaveed View Post
I got it solved after I raised a complaint on the consumer complaint forum. Quote the update ID and they will get it done. Consumer complaints.in is the website.

Thanks
Thanks! Been through the UIDAI update multiple times but always the result is a rejection. How long did it take for them to reach out back to you once you had raised the complaint on the forum? What were the next steps followed?

I have raised the complaint on the site; hopefully I'll see some resolution.
Old 27th September 2018, 12:52   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
How long did it take for them to reach out back to you once you had raised the complaint on the forum? What were the next steps followed?
They will respond in 1-2 days and you have to share the supporting documents soft copy to Karvy support team and it will get completed. I hope its the same process now.

Best of luck !
Old 27th September 2018, 13:44   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

The Supreme Court has ruled that banks, telecom companies and other private companies cannot make Aadhar mandatory for supplying services. I wonder if this applies to public sector companies that provide commercial services such public sector banks.
Old 5th October 2018, 13:14   #120
BHPian

Bit Off Topic :

Virtual ID changes every time eaadhar is downloaded.

Hi,

Did anyone notice that the VID changes everytime one downloads the aadhar card from UID website.

Have observed it a couple of time. Wondering how this effects if we use one VID and then it changes again

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks