Team-BHP - The Auto-Image thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Et Cetera (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/et-cetera/)
-   -   The Auto-Image thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/et-cetera/16646-auto-image-thread-10.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mansidea (Post 617163)

SOFT roads in nelliampathy

Thats a lovely picture and a great looking car too.

Quote:

SOFT roads in nelliampathy

how come the bumper is (relatively) clean, but the rear view mirrors have spots?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivekiny2k (Post 617943)
how come the bumper is (relatively) clean, but the rear view mirrors have spots?

the tyres stick out and they would send some mud onto the mirrors.

Thats one lovely picture @mansidea. Good idea that you left the fog lamps on. The car looks lovely in the serene backdrop. Where is nelliampathy? Near cochin? Is this track driveable for a normal car or is it strictly for a 4x4

WOW ! awesome pics. I tried rudra sir's thing in photoshop and couldn't get anywhere. I need to hunt for a dummies guide for photoshop.

@mansidea, have you changed the position of your number plate? And you have removed the bullbar as well?

Once again, a lovely pic there Mansidea.

Quote:

I have started to believe that pearl white might be the best color for a SUV. Very well taken.

Eventually my GV will find it's way to this thread, just need to keep trying.

Initially I didn't want to post this here since there is less car and more scenery here. But since lots of people liked the image, so decided to post it here.

This is how I shot it in RAW, I had to overexpose the sky so that darker parts were exposed. I knew I could recover the sky during PP as long as I don't blow it out.

After PPing with PS and Picasa.

Thats PGPP. I thought you werent one for using PP to extract more than what 'You saw' ;)

Samurai San
The pic after PP is absolutely perfect for an AD.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venkatesh.C (Post 619160)
Thats PGPP. I thought you werent one for using PP to extract more than what 'You saw' ;)

Not really. The raw image is not what I saw, the final one is close to what I saw. The first image doesn't have the DR to show what I saw. The human eye has lot more dynamic range and sensitivity than the camera sensor. By fiddling with the exposure, I managed to get both sky and land, and then applied graduated filter (Picasa) to recover the overexposed sky and underexposed land. And I had to get rid of that cable.

Thanks Deepakrao, benbsb29.

@Vivekiny2k: The 8 inch wheel & 255/70/15 michelins explains the mud as akshay did.

@venkatesh: Thanks. Nelliampathy is a hill station in Palakkad district, closer to tamilnadu border. drivable roads for any cars. but requires a mahindra 4X4 (jeep) for site seeing (worth the drive). We can actually plan for a drive trip.

@govigov: just new stock bumper.

@ Samurai: Congratulations on your New GV & not surprisingly amazing pic & PP. agree: Diamond white & soft gold is the best combination for Scorpio.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 619256)
Not really. The raw image is not what I saw, the final one is close to what I saw. .

Thats stupefying. Actually , I thought the distant clouds looked like the doom over Mordor(LOTR) and was too surrealistic to be true. (as usual, my trusted and good for nothing guessing failing me here :) )

Terrific PP nevertheless. Congrats again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venkatesh.C (Post 619416)
Thats stupefying. Actually , I thought the distant clouds looked like the doom over Mordor(LOTR) and was too surrealistic to be true.

Well, it may be a little more dramatic because of the graduated filter.:) A wee bit redder than reality, but the second image is lot closer to reality than the first one.

Stratos, The second pic in post #132 on the prev page looks PS'ed. Not natural. A little overdone ?

Mansidea, good one. IMO, a little more surrounding would have helped.