Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Et Cetera
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2010, 11:41   #1951
Senior - BHPian

@clevermax - i still think its the same leaf on the same day but nice DIY using the Photoshop
The Punto shot is nice
Old 15th February 2010, 11:58   #1952
BHPian

What a shot there Mukul !
Absolutely WOW! Kudos!
Old 15th February 2010, 12:55   #1953
Team-BHP Support

Fantastic shot Mukul. Not a pan shot, but shot from inside of a moving car I think.
Old 15th February 2010, 12:59   #1954
Senior - BHPian

@Torque Guru - What shots man ! Some serious drool stuff there, Keep em' comin !!!
Old 15th February 2010, 13:16   #1955
Senior - BHPian

mukul I think the shot of the nissan takes the cake in this thread man. Brilliant work and like Samu said methinks this was shot from a moving car ?

Rudra I intend to do a full fledged shoot of the Dicor this friday if possible. As of now I have no clue how to get rid of those stone pillars from the background.
Old 15th February 2010, 14:25   #1956
Senior - BHPian

@jk: So me thinking to go ahead and get it done, Hope t won't end up in the weird and wacky thread

@suhas307:Thanks mate, I too like that clean boot without all those logos. Sad thing is that, it will be near to impossible now to remove that stupid EuroIII sticker.

@TG: Man you've some keen obeservation skills to find the PP'ed blur. Actually the original shot was motione blurred but since the car was slow and I used 1/30, I added more motion blur in PS - So how did you sense it, is it my imperfect PP or you can recognize the PS added motion blur? Editing in the portions around RHS head lamp is flawed and it can be easily noticed.

And the Santa Fe shot is stunning. Composition really works, the place where it is shot & the processing too. Great job

@Rudra: Thanks a lot! I assume you mean to remove the mosaic effect which hides the number, or?

@planet_rocker: Thanks!

@rjstyles69: I agree, the Nissan shot is very classy, I still go 'wow' when I look at it.
Old 15th February 2010, 14:39   #1957
Senior - BHPian

Great shots of Safari Riju

@TG - Brilliant shot of the Nissan
Old 15th February 2010, 15:08   #1958
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
@TG: Man you've some keen obeservation skills to find the PP'ed blur. Actually the original shot was motione blurred but since the car was slow and I used 1/30, I added more motion blur in PS - So how did you sense it, is it my imperfect PP or you can recognize the PS added motion blur? Editing in the portions around RHS head lamp is flawed and it can be easily noticed.
clevermax, if you analyse the panning technique, it would be clear that this is not pan shot. Few years back I was totally gung-ho on panning shots and had researched it extensively.

A pan shot is achieved by keeping the main object at constant size and locked at place in the frame. The best way to achieve it is by being perpendicular to the motion of the object. Imagine the shape of T, if the car is moved along the roof of the T shape, the photographer should be placed at the bottom of the T. That way the size of the object remains almost constant, and the position is fixed in frame by the panning action.

In your shot, the car is coming towards the photographer, that means the car is growing in size within your frame. Panning shot is not really possible in that angle.
Old 15th February 2010, 15:17   #1959
BHPian

@JKDas
Well, I quite enjoy driving the Santa Fe. Its a very handleable SUV. Quite impressed with its sureshot handling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Lovely shot of Nissan Mukul. Love the light there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post
What a shot there Mukul !
Absolutely WOW! Kudos!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
@Torque Guru - What shots man ! Some serious drool stuff there, Keep em' comin !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Great shots of Safari Riju

@TG - Brilliant shot of the Nissan
Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Fantastic shot Mukul. Not a pan shot, but shot from inside of a moving car I think.
Yes, which is is the only reason why i did not post it in the theme photography thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
mukul I think the shot of the nissan takes the cake in this thread man. Brilliant work and like Samu said methinks this was shot from a moving car ?

Rudra I intend to do a full fledged shoot of the Dicor this friday if possible. As of now I have no clue how to get rid of those stone pillars from the background.
Yeah like I said its not a panning shot. And for your pillars, You could clone them away I guess. I did a quick 2 minute job of it.
The Auto-Image thread-untitled1.jpg
Regards,
TG.

Last edited by Torqueguru : 15th February 2010 at 15:21.
Old 15th February 2010, 15:53   #1960
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
clevermax, if you analyse the panning technique, it would be clear that this is not pan shot.

In your shot, the car is coming towards the photographer, that means the car is growing in size within your frame. Panning shot is not really possible in that angle.
Yes I agree Samurai that it is not a real panning shot as per the book. But this is exactly what I wanted to capture, but unfortunately my 'T' was a weird one there... narrow road and I was standing on the top of our compound wall Had I clicked earlier, the subject would be smaller in the frame and it will just look as blurred shot, and had I clicked later, the subject would move out of this click-able area. At least I could manage to get front portion of the car steady.

That's right the if the subject is either moving towards or away from the cam, the entire car wont be sharp, as you can see the backside of the car is motion blurred.
Old 15th February 2010, 16:30   #1961
Senior - BHPian

My first contribution to this thread (I think)
Attached Thumbnails
The Auto-Image thread-51.jpg  

The Auto-Image thread-58.jpg  

Old 15th February 2010, 17:05   #1962
Senior - BHPian

@TG: Mind sharing some pointers on the making & processing of that Santa Fe shot? I really like this photograph.

Like how many exposures were taken, is there any blending of the HDR image with one of the processed individual shots etc. and of course the Exif.
Old 15th February 2010, 22:43   #1963
Senior - BHPian

@ Torqueguru: Absolutely love treatment for SantaFe. Awesome job, how much time did it take for you. By the way, saw your post on DPS as well.
Old 15th February 2010, 23:46   #1964
Senior - BHPian

@dkey: Very sharp images

The Auto-Image thread-dsc07882.jpg
Old 16th February 2010, 00:59   #1965
BHPian

@clevermax
Here is the workflow.

Clicked one photograph only, exposed for the vehicle actually.

1) Curves adjusted
2) Background replaced with another shot I has photographed by myself at Yosemite.
3) Added a color balance layer to match the colors of the new background with the original image of the car.
4) Cloned out the uneven reflections and added a mountain reflection on the right and also the wires in the sky. Also clone diffused the line on the road that was running from lef to right just behind the front wheels.
5) Brought out the highlights on the car to give it a shiny look.
6)Increased exposure of the vehicle by selecting only the vehicle.

Here is the original and final side by side for comparison on pp added.

The Auto-Image thread-4357897088_dec81e62fe_b.jpg

Regards,
TG.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks