Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Et Cetera
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2012, 16:02   #3166
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Auto-Image thread

Nice!! Especially the first one. Smaller aperture/tripod would have been really great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
My RTR.
Spot on exposure JK. Great framing too.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 9th February 2012 at 16:04.
Old 11th February 2012, 09:24   #3167
Senior - BHPian

The Auto-Image thread-img_20110728_0615011.jpg
My indicab at puri beach, taken off my camphone ,
Edit: damn the resizing just chews the picture up :(

Last edited by greenhorn : 11th February 2012 at 09:25.
Old 12th February 2012, 21:47   #3168
Team-BHP Support

At our residence parking lot in Mumbai.

The Auto-Image thread-top.jpg
Old 12th February 2012, 23:49   #3169
PhX
BHPian

Rudra, at the risk of this post being moderated out, can't resist saying that that is a FANTASTIC shot. Your car looks beautiful. Suggestion: Unfold your ORVMs and get rid of the excess black on the left side of the shot.
Old 13th February 2012, 00:47   #3170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Nice!! Especially the first one. Smaller aperture/tripod would have been really great.
Spot on exposure JK. Great framing too.
Thanks Rudra.

Quesiton about you last pix.Why did you avoid the plant? Do you have another shot wherein theres the whole plant + brick work ?
Old 13th February 2012, 07:18   #3171
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhX View Post
Rudra, at the risk of this post being moderated out, can't resist saying that that is a FANTASTIC shot. Your car looks beautiful. Suggestion: Unfold your ORVMs and get rid of the excess black on the left side of the shot.
1. Can't understand why did you say at the risk of post being moderated out.

2. This was a totally casual shot, hence those mirrors were folded. Ground was dark due to water drenched tiles. Manual exposure to record headlamp's chromed surface. Reason enough for rest of the car to go dark. Yes, I could have avoided that darkness by having a slightly longer shutter speed. Time was little after six in the evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Quesiton about you last pix.Why did you avoid the plant? Do you have another shot wherein theres the whole plant + brick work ?
There was a White Swift parked very next. On the other side there was a silver Nano. Two strong opposite contrasty tones were bothering me.
I don't have any shot with whole plant and wall included because of that.
Old 13th February 2012, 08:57   #3172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
My indicab at puri beach, taken off my camphone ,
Edit: damn the resizing just chews the picture up :(
Amazing pic!! Reminds me of HDR scenery in Need For Speed Undercover game. An example scene is below.

The Auto-Image thread-challenger1_fullsize.jpg

I wonder if your pic already looks so beautiful, how more beautiful the original pic must have been. You know, if you have Adobe Photoshop, you could simply save with lower quality, this will not need resizing. Plus, most of quality is still reserved even on lowering quality.
Old 13th February 2012, 10:05   #3173
PhX
BHPian

Quote:
1. Can't understand why did you say at the risk of post being moderated out.
Initially was just going to write about how fantastic the shot was, and wasn't sure if that would qualify as a non-value adding one-liner.

Quote:
2. This was a totally casual shot, hence those mirrors were folded. Ground was dark due to water drenched tiles. Manual exposure to record headlamp's chromed surface. Reason enough for rest of the car to go dark. Yes, I could have avoided that darkness by having a slightly longer shutter speed. Time was little after six in the evening.
No no, you misunderstood me. I love the colours. Everything with respect to the picture quality, colours, etc. is perfect. I love how the chrome of the headlights has been captured. And it's fine that the car has come out dark. It looks a bit like a shadowy, elegant beast. It's fine.

What I meant was that you should take the same shot again with the mirrors folded out and with the car symmetrically in the middle of the picture. Right now, the car is a little to the right side of the picture. In fact, this can even be rectified by Photoshop by simply cropping the left side out.
Old 13th February 2012, 10:54   #3174
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhX View Post
No no, you misunderstood me. I love the colours. Everything with respect to the picture quality, colours, etc. is perfect. I love how the chrome of the headlights has been captured. And it's fine that the car has come out dark. It looks a bit like a shadowy, elegant beast. It's fine.

What I meant was that you should take the same shot again with the mirrors folded out and with the car symmetrically in the middle of the picture. Right now, the car is a little to the right side of the picture. In fact, this can even be rectified by Photoshop by simply cropping the left side out.
As I mentioned before that it was one of those casual shots. And I didn't have that kind of space on the right side of the car.
That extension of space what you see is actually through PhotoShop. I know what you mean by saying cropping and centering the car. I'm somehow familiar with PhotoShop.

Like your suggestion. Will try it again.
Old 13th February 2012, 11:13   #3175
Senior - BHPian

And I thought I had seen it all. Here is a professional photographer (Rudra) getting lessons on Photoshop.
Old 13th February 2012, 11:27   #3176
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
And I thought I had seen it all. Here is a professional photographer (Rudra) getting lessons on Photoshop.
One is never too old to learn.

Phx: I suggest you look at this 5 year old shot of the same car. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...-thread-4.html

Or of my old car shot by Rudra. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...tml#post371936
Old 13th February 2012, 11:51   #3177
Senior - BHPian

Or of my car shot by Rudra. I still get goosebumps seeing how good my car looks in that photo. Also when this photograph was taken my car had quite a few defects on the front bumper. Rudra's technical wizardry has hidden them all so well.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...tml#post918021
Old 13th February 2012, 12:33   #3178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
At our residence parking lot in Mumbai.
Attachment 886796
That's a tight parking. Did you do that?
Anyone noticed how beautiful is the back windshield with that gradient and the plant reflected on it? Not to mention the whole picture looks lovely.
Old 13th February 2012, 12:36   #3179
Senior - BHPian

Me have been trying to look at the reflections on the car to see where the birdie is standing with his camera and no luck yet. Brilliant one Rudra.
Old 13th February 2012, 12:46   #3180
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Anyone noticed how beautiful is the back windshield with that gradient and the plant reflected on it?
That graduated background is the evening sea and the sky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Me have been trying to look at the reflections on the car to see where the birdie is standing with his camera and no luck yet. Brilliant one Rudra.
It was shot from sixth floor. Not to mention, light was less to record me there on the windshield.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks