Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2008, 22:23   #616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
And, can you see the difference?

Attachment 32929
Yeah I can but thats minute. Need to spend more time and develop that eye for the detail Thanks.
Old 28th July 2008, 00:00   #617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
I remember asking Rudra the same question sometime back. Ofcourse his answer will be better, but what I do is, that I shoot the picture at the highest camera resolution possible. That way, if the picture when reduced in size,after processing, becomes crispier and the noise created due to the processing is reduced too. I used to face this problem a lot when I shot using my Canon PowerShot A520..not with my new Nikon D40 though.
Quote:
Let me try to make it easy to understand.

1. To get rich colour, exposure should be accurate. This is mostly in the case where your shooting mode is aperture priority or program.
Try to avoid program mode because it is rubbish (from any camera).

If you try to push for rich colour through hue and saturation/contrast/selective colours etc, you are bound to get noise after a point.

Joint Photographers Expert Group format was originally designed for viewing on screen and not for printing.
But most of us don’t take colour prints any more. JPEG files are generally compressed files. So shooting and straight to comp for viewing/mailing seems to be the norm now.

2. There are two ways to make your colours rich. Purely trial and error basis till such time you understand it thoroughly.
Remember it’s a matter of spending time and great amount of practice.

(A) Work on curve mode. (Ctrl m/apple m). Pushing up/down curve line will change your overall tone and depth significantly. Once you are satisfied, you stay with that. If you want even more depth then duplicate that layer and cut the opacity from your layer box. A semi transparent layer of the same will sit above your original layer and add depth. Layer opacity control depends again on your choice.

(B) Assuming your original layer is according to your choice. Duplicate that layer and select Multiply from your layer box. It’ll multiply your original tonal range and combined image will look dark. You’ll find some areas of your image are looking right and some are looking too dark. Add a mask box (from bottom of the layer box) next to that multiplied layer’s thumbnail. Select brush tool. Select brush size. Select paint flow opacity. Pure black (from colour palate) is for masking layer and pure white is for bringing it back.

Hope you are ready to start now. Also please remember that Photoshop is a very complex tool. There are plenty to discover as you go along.

Happy post processing.
Atlast a long post at least instead of a thread about photography he promised once
Old 28th July 2008, 10:08   #618
BHPian

Quote:
(B) Assuming your original layer is according to your choice. Duplicate that layer and select Multiply from your layer box. It’ll multiply your original tonal range and combined image will look dark. You’ll find some areas of your image are looking right and some are looking too dark. Add a mask box (from bottom of the layer box) next to that multiplied layer’s thumbnail. Select brush tool. Select brush size. Select paint flow opacity. Pure black (from colour palate) is for masking layer and pure white is for bringing it back.
Tried the above method on 2 images and here is the result

The second image is not neat there are few spots which needs to be fixed and I could not :(

Before and after
Attached Thumbnails
The Auto-Image thread-img_0602.jpg  

The Auto-Image thread-img_0602-processed-copy.jpg  

The Auto-Image thread-img_0595.jpg  

The Auto-Image thread-img_0595-processed-copy.jpg  

Old 28th July 2008, 12:30   #619
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyonblackybx View Post
Yeah I can but thats minute. Need to spend more time and develop that eye for the detail Thanks.

awww come on! the difference is massive, not minute.
I have been working mainly on levels and the saturation slider so far, and the results have been sub standard.
did try the curves on some landscapes, and the difference is obvious.
I still find it difficult to keep my mouse pointer away from the saturation slider though.

Old 28th July 2008, 17:06   #620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
awww come on! the difference is massive, not minute.
I have been working mainly on levels and the saturation slider so far, and the results have been sub standard.
did try the curves on some landscapes, and the difference is obvious.
I still find it difficult to keep my mouse pointer away from the saturation slider though.
Hey I was talking about the differnces int he pictures that I have posted in this post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/917833-post613.html

No idea bout levels and other things this is the first time I am working at this level in PS. Prior to this I was using PS only to get rid of the spots created due to dirt on sensor :( Hope I will start working on other things too soon.
Old 28th July 2008, 17:08   #621
rippergeo

@guyonblackbyx-I'm talking about your work in this very thread. the pics look very different after working on the curves.

Old 28th July 2008, 17:36   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
@guyonblackbyx-I'm talking about your work in this very thread. the pics look very different after working on the curves.
Yeah same threads but different posts.
Old 29th July 2008, 03:56   #623
BHPian

Taken somewhere in the 'Anza Borrego Desert National Park' on CA-79.
This is where parts of the moview "Into The Wild" were shot. The soundtrack of this movie feels surreal on this stretch of 35 miles perfectly maintained by the state of California. It truly is in my books the best drive anywhere.

no photoshop on this 1. just auto-adjust from vista pic viewer.
some more pics in the appropriate sub-forum

The Auto-Image thread-dsc00588.jpg

rev_hard

Last edited by rev_hard : 29th July 2008 at 04:01.
Old 1st August 2008, 00:37   #624
BHPian

Hi Rudra,

Can you help me tweek this image.
Attached Thumbnails
The Auto-Image thread-lady-red-arms-wide-open.jpg  

Old 1st August 2008, 13:20   #625
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice image guy. I think the mod requires the guy on the left and the object on the right to vanish. Apart from getting some dramatic clouds.

Looks like you were on the floor while clicking this one
Old 3rd August 2008, 20:50   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Nice image guy. I think the mod requires the guy on the left and the object on the right to vanish. Apart from getting some dramatic clouds.

Looks like you were on the floor while clicking this one
Agree with you on those distraction(guy) you have pointed out. But reg that structure I wantedly kept it in the frame so that I can get that typical nature Vs artificial look.

Not exactly on ground but was on knees :P
Old 3rd August 2008, 21:00   #627
BHPian

Here is another HDR of my Lady In Red
Attached Thumbnails
The Auto-Image thread-lady-red.jpg  

Old 3rd August 2008, 23:06   #628
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ok, a soft post processing on MAG's car. Shot on last Sunday. I was waiting for the right light and the boys (Vikram/Akshay/Mag) were getting impatient.

Original shot is on RAW. 8 sec / f20 / 90mm on 70-200.

Original.

Attachment 31679

Post processed.

Attachment 31680

Just got time to reply to this now. Superb PS work Rudra sir. That swift looks something else (can't say the same for the owner though) but both Swifts look great.

Last edited by theMAG : 3rd August 2008 at 23:36.
Old 4th August 2008, 19:33   #629
BHPian

Hey Naveen, here is an amatuer attempt at PP using PS. Hope you like it.
The first pic is the original one posted, second one is done on PS (2 mins shoddy job) and the third is a little more tweaking on Lightroom.
Attached Thumbnails
The Auto-Image thread-lady-red-arms-wide-open.jpg  

The Auto-Image thread-1-large.jpg  

The Auto-Image thread-1s-large.jpg  

Old 4th August 2008, 21:09   #630
rippergeo

Quote:

(A) Work on curve mode. (Ctrl m/apple m). Pushing up/down curve line will change your overall tone and depth significantly. Once you are satisfied, you stay with that. If you want even more depth then duplicate that layer and cut the opacity from your layer box. A semi transparent layer of the same will sit above your original layer and add depth. Layer opacity control depends again on your choice.
I tried this method. it does wonders for the colours in the sky, but the foreground gets darkened. is it because the exposure was insufficient?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks