Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 22nd May 2019, 21:01   #106
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: The Amateur Radio (Ham Radio) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathur2012 View Post
Hello, needed a little help, Can I use this antenna
Do you have a license to operate wireless sets? Or else this walkie talkie (on UHF range) is illegal to be used. And there are also rules and regulations for HAMs on "mobile" use of the radio sets.
sachinpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2019, 13:30   #107
Senior - BHPian

Hello Bangalore HAMs

A visiting colleague from the US wanted to connect with local HAMs. I was wondering if there are any meet ups happening in the next 2 weeks.

I know there was a permanent station in/around kanteerava stadium for the bangalore ham club. Is that still there ? what hours ?

thank you
Srinivas
smsrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2019, 14:48   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Hello Bangalore HAMs

A visiting colleague from the US wanted to connect with local HAMs. I was wondering if there are any meet ups happening in the next 2 weeks.

I know there was a permanent station in/around kanteerava stadium for the bangalore ham club. Is that still there ? what hours ?

thank you
Srinivas
IIH (http://www.indianhams.com/) at Kanteerava Stadium usually have weekend classes (Sunday) and it may be possible to catch a few hams.

Bangalore Amateur Radio Club (BARC) meets every second Sunday of the month (This month's meeting happened last sunday). Check www.barc.in for the details.

BARC meetings will have a larger participation of hams.

PM me if you need any more details.
bejoy is offline   Reply With Quote