Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2019, 21:01   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Amateur Radio (Ham Radio) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathur2012 View Post
Hello, needed a little help, Can I use this antenna
Do you have a license to operate wireless sets? Or else this walkie talkie (on UHF range) is illegal to be used. And there are also rules and regulations for HAMs on "mobile" use of the radio sets.
Old 12th September 2019, 13:30   #107
Senior - BHPian

Hello Bangalore HAMs

A visiting colleague from the US wanted to connect with local HAMs. I was wondering if there are any meet ups happening in the next 2 weeks.

I know there was a permanent station in/around kanteerava stadium for the bangalore ham club. Is that still there ? what hours ?

thank you
Srinivas
Old 12th September 2019, 14:48   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Hello Bangalore HAMs

A visiting colleague from the US wanted to connect with local HAMs. I was wondering if there are any meet ups happening in the next 2 weeks.

I know there was a permanent station in/around kanteerava stadium for the bangalore ham club. Is that still there ? what hours ?

thank you
Srinivas
IIH (http://www.indianhams.com/) at Kanteerava Stadium usually have weekend classes (Sunday) and it may be possible to catch a few hams.

Bangalore Amateur Radio Club (BARC) meets every second Sunday of the month (This month's meeting happened last sunday). Check www.barc.in for the details.

BARC meetings will have a larger participation of hams.

PM me if you need any more details.
Old 23rd September 2020, 16:16   #109
BHPian

I completed my exam and got my results early this year. Had send the application for allocating the license few months back. Haven't heard back from wpc . How long it usually take wpc to allocate the license / call sign
Old 23rd September 2020, 17:03   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_sharon View Post
I completed my exam and got my results early this year. Had send the application for allocating the license few months back. Haven't heard back from wpc . How long it usually take wpc to allocate the license / call sign
It has to be now done online. Please refer to latest circular. Please write to Mr.Omkar Nath, Assistant Wireless Adviser, in WPC, through snail mail to take up your case.
lapis_lazuli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2020, 14:17   #111
BHPian

Quote:
How did you apply for the licence? There was a transition period from snail mail to digital application for the last few months. Now it is a fully digital process.

WPC portal for license applications (including amateur radio)
https://saralsanchar.gov.in/

FAQ for Amateur Radio license:
https://saralsanchar.gov.in/circular...AQ_for_HAM.pdf

There is a contact number in the above FAQ. You may call up and enquire.

Update June/2019
There is an Office Memorandum by WPC, DOT, Ministry of Communications, issued on 07/June/2019 that permits Amateur Radio Stations to operate from anywhere in India except those locations restricted by Government of India.

This essentially means that Hams can operate "mobile" including from vehicles.

This is another landmark change of rule that will encourage many to take up the license.

Last edited by Sheel : 24th September 2020 at 17:37. Reason: Back to back posts.
bejoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2020, 00:32   #112
BHPian

Finally recived the call sign - vu3fjw . There seems to be a lot of confusion on the process. For me it worked out over the snail mail process. Now need to take the next steps to set up my base station. Thanks for the guidance as always it was helpful.

Last edited by arun_sharon : 21st November 2020 at 00:35.
Old 21st November 2020, 10:40   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu.t.k View Post
Thanks. I generally prefer to get a good rig the first time, instead frequent upgrades. I generally upgrade when something is no longer usable or totally out dated.

I was using the FT2900R till the FT991 came in. Need to see about the mobile bit, without impacting the aesthetics. For Warranty sake did not want to go down the import route. I went through their importer, thankfully the same person was dealing with both Yaesu and Diamond.

Sure will disconnect everything, the lightning strike, is the biggest fear I have. The next being the strength of the vertical antennas!!
can you share the details of the dealer. I am trying to get a 991 without any success for some time.
Old 21st November 2020, 10:59   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally recived the call sign - vu3fjw .
Congrats arun, de vu3iyr.

Quote:
can you share the details of the dealer. I am trying to get a 991 without any success for some time.
Sanchar Telecom, Delhi are the official dealers of Yeasu. Have you tried contacting them?
Old 21st November 2020, 19:22   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post

Sanchar Telecom, Delhi are the official dealers of Yeasu. Have you tried contacting them?
Congrats on getting your call sign and welcome to the club!! The official dealer is Sanchar Telecom, from whom I have procured some equipments initially.

You also have Radio Brewery in Chennai, and have a purchased from them as well. Quite good pricing.

Apart from that you have Ananthapuri Electronics in TVM.

Hope that helps

Last edited by raghu.t.k : 21st November 2020 at 19:24.
Old 23rd November 2020, 13:24   #116
BHPian

Quote:

I had tried reaching out to them with out much success. havent got a response for the queries.

Quote:
Congrats on getting your call sign and welcome to the club!! The official dealer is Sanchar Telecom, from whom I have procured some equipments initially.

You also have Radio Brewery in Chennai, and have a purchased from them as well. Quite good pricing.

Hope that helps
Thanks . Radio Brewery seems to be a reliable source , price seems to be reasonable for most of the stuff. ordered the base & mobile antenna from them, BTW they deal with ICOM alone hence did not place the order for the radio. some how more inclined to 992a due to the all mode capability.
Old 23rd November 2020, 14:05   #117
BHPian

Quote:

I had tried reaching out to them with out much success. havent got a response for the queries.

Quote:

Hope that helps
Thanks . Radio Brewery seems to be a reliable source , price seems to be reasonable for most of the stuff. ordered the base & mobile antenna from them, BTW they deal with ICOM alone hence did not place the order for the radio. some how more inclined to 992a due to the all mode capability.
Old 17th December 2020, 11:30   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally recived the call sign - vu3fjw .
I think I heard you on the 'air'. Is your QTH some where near Carmelaram?
Old 17th December 2020, 13:59   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
I think I heard you on the 'air'. Is your QTH some where near Carmelaram?
Yes you are correct. i stay near carmelaram. how about you and that was your call sign?
Old 18th December 2020, 22:48   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes you are correct. i stay near carmelaram. how about you and that was your call sign?
VU3BYD - I stay outside the city limits near EC .

Most Viewed