Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2006, 21:46   #31
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein
@ Rks..! It has been proved LIVE on Aaj Tak that, the car was not modified in any way, No extra pedals, No backseat controller, No Microchip remote control whatsoever...Suggest you had rather watched the program...It was freaky...! The driver Harish tomar then showed how he manages to do this feat...He slips his legs over to the driver side, while twisting his torso straight which makes it appear that he is in a straight posture. He then engages the gear and moves ahead, occassionally adjusting the steering wheel...He also says that he gets the car aligned and wheels balanced on a regular basis which enables him to move straight without any leering. Also the Indica D was Power Steering..!
The driver is in no position to brake or steer in an emergency. As you say, we all violate the law to a certain extent, but it is a matter of degree. In this case I think it is going a bit too far -- stunts like this shouldn't be allowed on the main road. Certainly not a good choice for a TV program -- might tempt a lot of people to try similar stunts to get into the news and maybe make some money. Such programs should always be accompanied by a warning that the activities shown are illegal on public roads and dangerous and should not be tried out.

Last edited by rks : 10th September 2006 at 21:55.
Old 10th September 2006, 21:55   #32
BHPian

exactly my point...!
Old 11th September 2006, 12:58   #33

I have uploaded two videos for you guys. One is the video that shows the car running without the driver and other one is the secret behind it.

http://www.ajfromdelhi.com/category/interesting-videos/

I hope this will help the guys who missed the show.
Old 12th September 2006, 00:20   #34
Team-BHP Support

havent bothered watching the videos but from what i read i think i ve sat with this guy. yes i think i have, if not him, then someone with identical skills/whatever you call it.

i think around seven year back when i took a cab to CCI club i sat with this same guy. he has this huge this stuck on is rear windshield challeging people to race him for 25k, any car, any make. only condition, both, he and the challnger will have to drive only using one foot and one hand.
While at marine drive he displayed a couple fo his skills, including driving from the passenger seat.

If i m not mistaken, he did show me a couple of mags that had done a stpry on him and his insane challenge.

manson.

Last edited by manson : 12th September 2006 at 00:23.
Old 12th September 2006, 00:47   #35
BANNED

Is this man a Team-BHPian??
Old 12th September 2006, 02:19   #36
Senior - BHPian

This thing's been done on a Tamil channel.
The front passenger controls the car.
Old 12th September 2006, 03:57   #37
Senior - BHPian

James Bond did this long ago............

Old 12th September 2006, 10:30   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM
Car with no driver ..WAT NEXT ??? >Driver with no car !!!
Get ready for some more magic shows (in prime time slot) on our media channels like car is drinking water,snake gave a birth to a human child,Elephant is wearing jean and T-Shirt,Lion is standing on ration shop to get 1 k.g Sugar etc..etc....with a title BREAKING NEWS.
You made my day man! I think you are all set to become "creative director" of some news channel. With this kinda programming, I am sure news channels also need creative directors.
Old 12th September 2006, 11:37   #39
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by websewak
I have uploaded two videos for you guys. One is the video that shows the car running without the driver and other one is the secret behind it.

http://www.ajfromdelhi.com/category/interesting-videos/

I hope this will help the guys who missed the show.
Thanks for the videos. Watched a little bit of the one with the car running. This was indeed on the main road. If this had happened in the US or any European country, the driver would have had his license suspended. Don't want to appear intolerant and stifle creative thinking, but I agree with Wolfinstein and other objectors -- the main road is not the place for these experiments; if unprosecuted, they would set the wrong precedent. A clear message has to be sent to would-be imitators by making an example of this guy.
Old 12th September 2006, 11:41   #40
Senior - BHPian

Well, the driver has been arrested for dangerous driving and the owner of the car is a surprised man since he had no idea of his "hidden" talents...the driver is quite crazy actually - he feels that its no big deal driving this way and he has mastered the art of driving a number of cars (please read TOI for details); he says he recently drove down from Haridwar in this fashion, with three people at the back.

Boy, do we have loonies in abundance in our motherland
Old 12th September 2006, 17:51   #41
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
Well, the driver has been arrested for dangerous driving and the owner of the car is a surprised man since he had no idea of his "hidden" talents...the driver is quite crazy actually - he feels that its no big deal driving this way and he has mastered the art of driving a number of cars (please read TOI for details); he says he recently drove down from Haridwar in this fashion, with three people at the back.

Boy, do we have loonies in abundance in our motherland
The driver got what he deserved. He has an interesting talent, but to drive in this manner on the highway with passengers is just crazy and asking for trouble. I think the Aaj Tak TV channel is going be severely embarassed by the arrest.
Old 12th September 2006, 18:16   #42
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
he says he recently drove down from Haridwar in this fashion, with three people at the back.
Hahahahaha.. .. I wonder... how-come those 3 people agreed to sit cramped at the back when this 'Driver' needed both the front seats to drive...LOL

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks