Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2010, 12:10   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Somehow when you think long term it does not make sense to have such a thought process.

Did you tell the new firm you joined that I am joining you folks only for "money" and nothing else?

Well I do not want to tell name of my current employer ( still the same company ) whom I joined primarily for money 9.5 years ago.
I do not agree to the point still that one should not change jobs for money.

If you have read my post carefully job content , power , responsibility,work life balance and money are some of the primary factors for which a person switch job. In my case 9.5 years ago all the other factors were exactly same but the differential was money so I stated the same to the interviewer.

Being a senior person in my organization now I interview many candidates . I regularly ask this question why do you want to switch job. Most common answer is good work and then I ask back what do you mean by good work believe me or not most of the people are unable to put clearly what do they mean by better opportunity.

On the other hand people who say yes my current job is find but I am not satisfied with my salary at least they are genuine and truthful.

Last edited by amitk26 : 26th March 2010 at 12:14.
Old 26th March 2010, 12:12   #47
BHPian

Quote:
To all the freshers out there, if you need to separate yourself from the ordinary. First thing dont look at the money. Look at the oppurtunity and the company.
And if you see that opportunity in a different company, do you break the bond? :-s
Old 26th March 2010, 12:25   #48
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0ligaN View Post
And if you see that opportunity in a different company, do you break the bond? :-s
Obvious answer isnt it.
Old 26th March 2010, 12:32   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

No, not me atleast. I look for growth and growth comes with expereince and learning. Money follows growth automatically. How to grow is in my hands, how much money I get depends upon a lot of factors not all of which are governed by me.
Many people can have different defination of growth but what would you do if Growth in your responsibility , Knowledge and thus growth in your contribution to company revenue is not matched by growth in money you get ?

Quote:

80% of freshers today look only at money.

Remember we were all freshers too.
Let me make is probably 90% , Then 95% of people with some experience look for a more powerful position + more responsibility + more money and then when you are one more stage ahead you look for better social standing in addition to above so a lofty sounding designation like director , V.P or something else is what you look for.

At every stage in life you have some requirement which needs to be fulfilled at some point this requirement can be money.

Quote:

Firstly the "bond" is not a pure bond the way it is being talked about there is no law for that.

Bond is signed before the appointment it is not depend upon performance.

The company can terminate you within the bond period without asking for any money if you are a dead boat.
Quote:
To all the freshers out there, if you need to separate yourself from the ordinary. First thing dont look at the money. Look at the oppurtunity and the company.
Let me add one more point to it , Here are some sure shot way to spot a scrudge employers who is trying to pull wool in front of your eyes and you should jump the ship as soon as you get first oppertunity,

1. If a company just talks how much of value addition you can get once you work with them for 3 years but pay 30 - 40 % lower then market currently.
- My reason , good you are offering a carrier not just job but then why you can't pay what your peers are paying to my peers.

2. If during induction program there is a brainwashing session by some senior guy on how they offer carrier and not just a job and you should not worry about money right now

My reason :Sounds Fishy, Yes we all understand that carrier is what we need to think our parents programmed us like this from school days. But why there need to be a special lecture session wasting costly time of a senior person and bunch of freshers if there is nothing more to it ?

3. We are sending you abroad for business visit so you need to sign this bond that you will not leave us after return for period of 1,2 or X years.

My reason : Business travel is your compulsion if possible you would like to spend less and do work from here. Why should I sign a bond for fulfilling a necessary business requirement of yours.
What makes you think that foreign travel is an incentive for me , What if I am staunch Hindu of 18th century who thinks crossing sea is a sin ?

I do not want to name them but typical example of these companies are some of our top 5 IT Service companies who
Old 28th April 2010, 10:43   #50
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Obvious answer isnt it.
I have found such an opportunity. I want to know if its OK to be frank with my current employer when I have to tell a reason while leaving?
Old 28th April 2010, 10:46   #51
BANNED

Quote:
I have found such an opportunity. I want to know if its OK to be frank with my current employer when I have to tell a reason while leaving?
If the reason you are leaving for goes down in black and white. Yes, be honest.
Old 14th November 2010, 09:28   #52
BHPian

Any lawyers here willing to advise a bit? please PM

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks