Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2015, 19:54   #61
BHPian

Re: Your favourite streaming music service (radio)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Does MixRadio still let you download unlimited MP3s? My entire phone music collection is courtesy MixRadio when I was briefly using a Lumia 720. DRM free and excellent quality.
No. I could not find the mp3 files. It is just allowing to download the collections from the mixes it has. It is letting you create your own collection from their library of Genres, Albums etc... However, only 4 max collections are possible for downloading as offline. There's no restriction on no of songs in each collection. The offline mixes have 1 month time before they gets refreshed automatically to sync the updates in the mix at their library.

Music is really of excellent quality!
Old 11th December 2015, 10:38   #62
BHPian

I use Desi Radio on iOS, its cool and plays with-out ads (though onscreen), quality is awesome with host of genre to choose.

Added to this, there is a option with-in app for "TIMER" / "ALARM " settings. Timer is super useful during night time melodies, you just set in and go deep sleep with low volume, app automatically stops the music after time interval you had set. I did not find need to install another app so far.
Old 12th January 2016, 14:49   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Been using Wynk this past week for the daily commute. Got irritated of the constant narration of a heart warming story by Mr.AK. Anyway, so far, I have been generally happy with the quality of songs and their picks as well. What happens once you are past the free usage month?

I am thinking of getting their Rs.129 subscription which let you listen to the music without worrying about 3G usage.
Old 4th May 2016, 17:22   #64
GTO
Team-BHP Support

So, the clunky Apple Music is apparently in for an overhaul soon. Strange how Apple got it so wrong. Spotify blows it out of the water!

Full Bloomberg Article

Quote:
Apple Inc. is planning sweeping changes to its year-old music streaming service after the first iteration of the product was met with tepid reviews and several executives brought in to revive the company's music strategy departed.
Old 29th June 2016, 15:26   #65
Senior - BHPian

Hi everyone,

So I have been using TuneIn Radio and Saavn since over two years now and I was looking for something better. The drawbacks for me regarding the said apps are:

TuneIn - Streaming app so takes a lot of your data and battery. Starts buffering if you are not in a mobile / data network area. Cannot download music and save for listening later and hence cannot change to the next track.

Saavn - Does not have a very large collection of music especially trance / electronic.

I was considering Apple Music and it costs the same (Rs. 120 a month) as Saavn. Can one download music and create playlists with Apple Music? Any other suggestions?
Old 29th June 2016, 17:41   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Any other suggestions?
I was facing the same predicament few months ago. Even bought Tune-in pro for offline save. But it was only useful as a recorder.
Nowadays I have subscribed Apple music for English collection and Saavn for Punjabi songs.
However, I always prefer soundcloud above both of them. It recently launched Soundcloud Go, where you can save music offline, but it is not yet available in India.
Old 28th August 2016, 13:20   #67
BHPian

I've been using the Apple Music subscription since a year now. It was a free 3 Months trial and then lazy me continued the service. However, now there's something that bothers me greatly!
Songs are censored to the extent that it becomes a pain to be heard! Contacted Apple support for this and it seems that "explicit content" isn't allowed in India and Egypt.
What a deal breaker! A song like Childs Play-Drake sounds so weird when censored!
Anyway, will mostly get back to downloading songs and syncing until this is rectified I guess. Worth the time spent downloading etc.

On another note, the guy I was chatting with was from Bangalore, a Team-BHP member and well his Screen Name was Shiva. Wonder how far that holds but was a cool thing!
Old 1st September 2016, 10:32   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moun10 View Post
Nowadays I have subscribed Apple music for English collection and Saavn for Punjabi songs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GranvilleDsouza View Post
I've been using the Apple Music subscription since a year now. It was a free 3 Months trial and then lazy me continued the service. However, now there's something that bothers me greatly!
Songs are censored to the extent that it becomes a pain to be heard!
Till yesterday I was all gungho about Apple music and the amazing collection that they have. But then I tried Spotify.

And it beats Apple hands down in terms of app UI, ease of use and the recommended playlists that are on offer. Mind blowing! I wish we get Spotify premium soon (and at a reasonable rate!).

I'm sure there is still some time for that to happen so Apple it is till then. By the way, there is an option in Apple music setting to control explicit content, you might want to check that.
Old 1st September 2016, 11:29   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvader View Post
Till yesterday I was all gungho about Apple music and the amazing collection that they have. But then I tried Spotify.

And it beats Apple hands down in terms of app UI, ease of use and the recommended playlists that are on offer. Mind blowing! I wish we get Spotify premium soon (and at a reasonable rate!).

I'm sure there is still some time for that to happen so Apple it is till then. By the way, there is an option in Apple music setting to control explicit content, you might want to check that.
Yes you are correct Spotify makes it a walk in the part when it comes to music discovery. Their playlists based on genres are user friendly.
Have ditched Apple music and currently using spotify via VPN for streaming songs.
Old 1st September 2016, 11:38   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moun10 View Post
Yes you are correct Spotify makes it a walk in the part when it comes to music discovery. Their playlists based on genres are user friendly.

Have ditched Apple music and currently using spotify via VPN for streaming songs.

Hey some questions
1 I don't find any Spotify original app on the App Store on my iPhone. Which app to use?
2 spotify doesn't connect from india. At least that was what I found when I used to use Spotify on my laptop, till some time when Spotify connected to its servers and one day all of a sudden it stopped connecting
3 you say you use VPN. Which VPN and how do you connect via VPN on iPhone ?
Old 1st September 2016, 12:46   #71
BHPian

I was trying to download SPotify from google paly store, but the message reads " this is not available in your country". How do i download spotifu app. Can anybody please guide me ?

Regards
Diesletuned
Old 1st September 2016, 14:18   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
Can anybody please guide me ?

Regards
Diesletuned
Can guide you if you use android.
Download an app called Psiphon from the play store.
Don't know the technical terms but it basically changes your vpn to U.S servers (or any other country where spotify works).

Run Psiphon when logging in to spotify. It will login seamlessly and you'll get a free premium trial too as a new user. You can then shut off the Psiphon app as it's only required when logging in.
Old 1st September 2016, 15:48   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvader View Post
. By the way, there is an option in Apple music setting to control explicit content, you might want to check that.
I've tried it out, had a chat with Apple Support. So basically, even tho that option does exist in the settings, it does not work! Songs are censored which is terrible.
Have a listen to Childs Play by Drake, and hear it on Apple Music then.
Old 1st September 2016, 16:34   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
I was trying to download SPotify from google paly store, but the message reads " this is not available in your country". How do i download spotifu app. Can anybody please guide me ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
You can then shut off the Psiphon app as it's only required when logging in.
Principally the same as rayjay pointed out, except that I created spotify login on laptop using VPN (Hola extension for firefox). On phone, I use opera VPN but despite changing to US / UK, play store was not showing the app. So I took the apk way (not modded). After installing apk, logged with VPN switched on, and after that it was good to go, with VPN either on or off.

I'd suggest put in a vote here at this thread on spotify community to bring it to India - https://community.spotify.com/t5/Liv.../idi-p/1366418

From what I found, Indian users have been requesting for quite some time but spotify doesn't seem to bother much. Nonetheless, I'd still try.
Old 1st September 2016, 17:29   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

I tried Wynk and was satisfied with the music content on offer and the speed of downloads including the quality of the songs. But what I wasn't able to configure was that it didn't allow me to toggle between songs. If I play a song from the downloads option, then I cant switch the track in between and what it does is keeps adding the songs to into a queue. It is highly annoying. As a result deleted it from my phone and now I am on the lookout for a new service with the requirements being option to download songs even if I can play them only through the app and a decent player with options to play-around and toggle between the list of downloaded songs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks