Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2006, 14:28   #1
BHPian

Positive changes in Bangalore development?

All,

Recently, I am observing lot of activities in Bangalore to improve the infrastructure. Wherever the new tar is laid, the drains are being reconstructed, footpaths are being laid and then two-three layers of tar.

I have observed, whole of ring road being relayed again, many city roads, few roads are being widened etc.

I know, still lot be done but atleast I can see some work and mostly not temporary but real good work.

What do you all say? The government is heading in right direction at last?

-S
Old 21st September 2006, 14:42   #2
Team-BHP Support

lets hope they are heading in the right direction. Hosur road is also seeing some development. they have covered up the drain and added another lane which should help things.
but in the end it all comes down to the motorists. the 2 wheelers reek havoc, the autos are a force to reckon with, the company buses think they own the roads and lets not even mention the call centre cabs.
the car owner has to face the brunt of all this.
they need to enforce discipline once these roads are done up else will lead to more accidents and casualties.
Old 21st September 2006, 15:12   #3
Senior - BHPian

Well if you look at the infrastructure ,it has really improved and I can already see it in the last 10 months I have been here ..I mean the airport road flyover looked like it was a 10 year project but in the last few months they really worked fast( by bangalore standards :-)) You can see the roads being repaired and in a few days, the repaired roads ..which is a new thing.
Vid6639 - I agree with you completely on the autos and cabs front ...it is a totally different matter to control them all together ..lets hope things happen on that front too . And lets not even talk about the guys on mopeds ...

But overall ...things are improving ,no doubts (keeping my fingers crossed)
Old 21st September 2006, 16:28   #4
BHPian

Dude, do you really believe in the quality of the roads that has been laid down??? Wait for one heavy rain... we can conclude on their quality after that.

Infact this road laying thing on orr has broguht in more problems. Now that the median size has gone down because of the extra layer of road, people have started crossing over it where they like it.

But yes things are better than what it used to be.
Old 21st September 2006, 16:39   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn
Dude, do you really believe in the quality of the roads that has been laid down??? Wait for one heavy rain... we can conclude on their quality after that.

Infact this road laying thing on orr has broguht in more problems. Now that the median size has gone down because of the extra layer of road, people have started crossing over it where they like it.

But yes things are better than what it used to be.
I guess the road work this time is undoubtebly better than earlier work. If you have observed the ORR has been laid with three layers of tar. And the median is being reworked to put it back in place. And this kind of work is happening in other interior roads too (BTM, JP Nagar etc).

What I am trying to ask is, are we really getting the right quality roads or not. And IMO we are.
Old 21st September 2006, 17:13   #6
Senior - BHPian

well quality is something for which we will have to wait for a few months to check. As of now things are going on the right track (for how long ..cant say).As gkrishn said ,lets wait for the rains to start in their full fury and then we can decide .

As for the median and ppl crossing the roads left right and center ..well that is pretty subjective as ppl have to develop some road sense ...yes traffic police does need to force some rules but then u know how things work .
Old 21st September 2006, 23:12   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selective
All,

Recently, I am observing lot of activities in Bangalore to improve the infrastructure. Wherever the new tar is laid, the drains are being reconstructed, footpaths are being laid and then two-three layers of tar.

I have observed, whole of ring road being relayed again, many city roads, few roads are being widened etc.

I know, still lot be done but atleast I can see some work and mostly not temporary but real good work.

What do you all say? The government is heading in right direction at last?

-S
Felt the same way too. Besides they're talking abt real flyovers on Tumkur-Yeshwantpur road sharing space with the Metro etc. I feel BLR will start regaining namma glory in another 5 years time
Old 21st September 2006, 23:17   #8
BHPian

Also if you have noticed some of the banners, they are using Waste plastics in the tarring process. Had seen this banner near Leela palace. If successfull one solution for the huge environmental hazard we are facing due to waste plastics

Deepu
Old 21st September 2006, 23:49   #9
Senior - BHPian

Wow! Thats really good. I'm glad things are begining to move at a better pace,and quality work being done to fix the roads,etc. I heard the bus service has also become much better now. There was some talk about reducing the number of autos in B'lore,but I dont think thats possible.
.. i'm gonna be in B'lore in Nov....can hardly wait!!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks