Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2016, 09:43   #1
Senior - BHPian

ICICI bank launches Ferrari range of credit cards

ICICI bank has launched the Ferrari credit card range. The card will be offered in two variants - Ferrari Platinum and Ferrari Signature. Available on the Visa platform, these cards offer a wide range of exclusive benefits.

Exclusive benefits with the Ferrari credit cards by ICICI Bank:

- An all-expense paid invitation for top spenders each calendar year, to attend an official Ferrari Challenge race, visit the Ferrari factory & museum as well as participate in an event conducted by Ferrari (with the Ferrari Signature credit card).
- A Scuderia Ferrari watch as a complimentary joining gift (with the Ferrari Signature credit card).
- Up to 20% discount on Ferrari branded products at the Ferrari Store in Maranello, Italy.
- Up to 15% and 10% discount respectively on Ferrari merchandise available at the online Ferrari Store and Myntra.com.

Other benefits:

- Complimentary access to domestic airport lounges in India.
- ‘Buy one get one free’ offer on bookmyshow.com.
- 15% savings on dining bills at over 800 restaurants across India through the 'Culinary Treats Program'.
- Waiver of 2.5% on fuel surcharge valid on a maximum spend of Rs. 4,000 per transaction at all HPCL pumps.

One can apply for a ‘Ferrari Credit Card by ICICI Bank’ by visiting any ICICI Bank branch or by logging into their internet banking account at www.icicibank.com. Interested users can also send an SMS to 5676766 with the text, “Ferrari Card”.

Name:  1.PNG
Views: 14601
Size:  449.2 KB

Name:  2.PNG
Views: 15020
Size:  427.0 KB

Last edited by Tushar : 15th March 2016 at 09:44.
Old 15th March 2016, 10:05   #2
BHPian

Re: ICICI bank launches Ferrari range of credit cards

I wonder what sort of annual spend amount qualifies you for all those Ferrari related events. The website just says its reserved for "high spenders".
Old 15th March 2016, 11:17   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihem View Post
I wonder what sort of annual spend amount qualifies you for all those Ferrari related events. The website just says its reserved for "high spenders".
It will go the same way as with the American platinum card.
Nobody with any sense will want one, because it just shouts: look at me, I'm obscenely rich.

Jeroen
Old 15th March 2016, 11:55   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Love the Ferrari Red card - looks delicious. Thinking of getting one.

Standard Chartered used to allow you to have any picture on your credit card. I'd gotten one with a full image of my Jeep on the front. Was super cool .
Old 15th March 2016, 12:25   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Same here! It's awesome and something different from the plethora of CCs available out there.

Also... is it just me, because I want to apply for the lower category card just because it's RED!

Last edited by avdhesh15 : 15th March 2016 at 12:26.
Old 15th March 2016, 12:30   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihem View Post

The bank will issue two types of cards: A Ferrari Platinum and Signature Credit Cards. The platinum card would have a joining fee of Rs 999 plus service tax; it would also have an annual fee of Rs 499 each year which would be waived off if spends in the previous year are of Rs 125,000 or above.

For the signature card, the joining fee is Rs 3,999 plus service tax, while the annual fee of Rs 999 each year would be waived off if spends in the previous year touch Rs 250,000 and above.
Old 15th March 2016, 12:36   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
It's a stunner, ain't it? I just applied from the website. They ask a fair amount of detailed information but since my salary account is with ICICI, should be a breeze getting the Platinum. Let's see.
Quote:
Standard Chartered used to allow you to have any picture on your credit card. I'd gotten one with a full image of my Jeep on the front. Was super cool .
That card was way ahead of its time I was single when they launched it and often think now how nice it would be to have a card with the kids' pics on it

Edit: Almost forgot to add- the platinum card is charged 499/- a year first year and subsequently there is a waiver depending upon how much you spend.

Last edited by noopster : 15th March 2016 at 13:55.
Old 15th March 2016, 12:56   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
The bank will issue two types of cards: A Ferrari Platinum and Signature Credit Cards. The platinum card would have a joining fee of Rs 999 plus service tax; it would also have an annual fee of Rs 499 each year which would be waived off if spends in the previous year are of Rs 125,000 or above.

For the signature card, the joining fee is Rs 3,999 plus service tax, while the annual fee of Rs 999 each year would be waived off if spends in the previous year touch Rs 250,000 and above.

This is the amount you need to spend to waive annual fees. I'm asking what you need to spend to be eligible for the Ferrari related events.
Old 15th March 2016, 15:15   #9
BHPian

Not able to see the watch they are offering for joining!
Overall looking at joining and annual fees it does not seem like a niche product..
Old 15th March 2016, 15:25   #10
BHPian

ICICI also have something called Expressions Debit Cards wherein you can put any picture you like. They charge Rs499+taxes. They do have terms on the type of pictures you can upload.

http://www.icicibank.com/Personal-Ba...-own-card.html
Old 15th March 2016, 16:54   #11
Team-BHP Support

The fees and terms aren't any different from their existing range, except the Ferrari bits of course but the T&C seems vague. They should've set a spending limit to avail the offer, however high it may be. 'Highest spender' could mean anything under the sun.

As for the other rewards, only a few of them are useful practically. I've availed the Airport Lounge access occasionally, but almost everything else is killed by T&C. E.g. BookMyShow 1+1 offer is usually limited to ticket prices below 200/250, at a time when most decent multiplex tickets cost nearly twice that much (Zootopia tickets were 350 + taxes at my nearby INOX).

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 15th March 2016 at 16:56.
Old 15th March 2016, 17:24   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
As for the other rewards, only a few of them are useful practically. I've availed the Airport Lounge access occasionally, but almost everything else is killed by T&C. E.g. BookMyShow 1+1 offer is usually limited to ticket prices below 200/250, at a time when most decent multiplex tickets cost nearly twice that much (Zootopia tickets were 350 + taxes at my nearby INOX).
Although it says it is limited to ticket prices below 200/250, even if you book a ticket which is Rs.350, you will get Rs.200/250 off on the final price. I have a Coral Debit Card and I avail this offer frequently.

The free tickets will be offered under the Offer for each day in four blocks, starting at 10am, 12pm, 3pm & 5pm until stocks last.
Old 15th March 2016, 17:51   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by a*ed View Post
Although it says it is limited to ticket prices below 200/250, even if you book a ticket which is Rs.350, you will get Rs.200/250 off on the final price. I have a Coral Debit Card and I avail this offer frequently.

The free tickets will be offered under the Offer for each day in four blocks, starting at 10am, 12pm, 3pm & 5pm until stocks last.
You must be lucky or something. I've tried it as recently as last weekend on a Coral Credit Card, and it said offer cannot be applied as ticket price is more than 250 INR.

Last edited by GTO : 16th March 2016 at 08:45. Reason: Typo
Old 15th March 2016, 23:56   #14
BHPian

Looks good. IndusInd Bank offered a Chelsea themed Card sometime back - so maybe a sign of things to come.

Enquired about the Indusind Card, and the Sales guy was more interested in pushing me for another lower level card. Lets see how the IcIcI guys handle this one.
Old 16th March 2016, 00:08   #15
BHPian

It reminded me of this scene from the Sitcom Friends -

"Why would I be flashing a Ferrari Credit Card unless I had a Ferrari?"

Most Viewed