Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2008, 17:11   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

What about that song from Khoon Bhari Taang? Starring Rekha.

The whole movie was a ripoff from that Eden Series (where the husband throws his wife to crocodiles and she survives and many surgeries later, becomes a super model)

Main teri hoon jaaaaanam, tu mera jiyaaaaa.

Poor poor chariots of Fire.
Old 10th April 2008, 17:14   #32
Senior - BHPian

They didnt even spare the instrumentals

Meri Jaane Jaana from Insaaf filmed on Akshay Kumar and Shilpa Shetty fully lifted from The Joys of Life by Kenny G from Breathless.
Old 10th April 2008, 17:24   #33
Senior - BHPian

There's this hindi song I heard a while back that has a tune just like Snow's Informer, in a female voice. It goes "chori chori" something. Atleast the song title is appropriate.
Old 10th April 2008, 17:26   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
There's this hindi song I heard a while back that has a tune just like Snow's Informer, in a female voice. It goes "chori chori" something. Atleast the song title is appropriate.
Yes Ajay its Chori Chori sung by Anila. Shes also sung Say na Say na from Bluff Master and she was part of the English pop group ToyBox. Remember the song Tarzan and Jane?
Old 10th April 2008, 17:28   #35
BHPian

Thanks for the inputs guys... i'm really trying to make a mother of a list here...

you know i'm not against these people getting "inspired" and all what i get pissed off about is the fact that these people do nothing but just pick up a tune and mix it with hindi lyrics making a good singer sing on it.... cmon you and I can do that...and they take the credit and claim themselves as big knowledgeable people of music...take bappi lahiri as an example.. i remember him coming in some kids singing show as a judge... like for once didn't u ever feel that the guy was singing cr*p in front of those kids and had no idea what sur and taal is and is just modifying the statements made by the other judges??
if u disagree...
then seriously you dont listen to as much music....no offence.... but if you really are into music seriously you can do almost everything our music directors do... i know u wont disagree on this Sam(i think)

anyone know about the Godfather theme hindi song.... if you have the time download the solo which slash(then guitarist of guns n roses) plays the godfather theme.... and u'll also think u've heard it with hindi lyrics before...

ANU MALIK...the pioneer of nasal voice... anyone remember DO ME A FAVOUR....LETS PLAY HOLI!!

Last edited by tidzter : 10th April 2008 at 17:33.
Old 10th April 2008, 17:32   #36
Senior - BHPian

Sandeep Chowta's Ganda Hai from Company is a rip from some song. Can't remember which, but I recall hearing the instrumental track playing in some club or lounge.
Old 10th April 2008, 17:39   #37
BHPian

My friend just told me about a strange Sandeep Chowta rip off...
some song like Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya from the theme of Exorcist II: The Heretic

IMAGINE THE CONTRAST!
Old 10th April 2008, 17:41   #38
Senior - BHPian

I see a lot of similarties in the Godfather Theme and Raja ko rani se pyar ho gaya from Akele Hum Akele Tum
Old 10th April 2008, 17:53   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidzter View Post
DO ME A FAVOUR....LETS PLAY HOLI!!
Hai re holi, uff yeh holi, aai holi.

Please say the word Holi as if you are bursting into tears.
Old 10th April 2008, 18:02   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Mazarein Mili

I guess you mean Nazarain Mili (Eyes Met) and not Mazarein Mili i.e. graves or shrines met.

Old 10th April 2008, 18:07   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I guess you mean Nazarain Mili (Eyes Met) and not Mazarein Mili i.e. graves or shrines met.

Yes that was a typo error

Also there was Ladki Ladki from Shreeman Aashique lifted from Khaled's Didi Didi. Another was Tumse milna milkar chalna from Khaled's El ARbi. No prizes for guessing who the music director was Bappi Da of course.
Old 10th April 2008, 18:20   #42
BANNED

Kaali naagin ke jaise.... from the movie MANN is lift from Rachid Taha's Ya raaha.

There was a pop album done by some Sajid.... something who made the song Babiya. A direct lift/parody oh Khaled's Didi.
Old 10th April 2008, 18:27   #43
Senior - BHPian

Anu (or is it Annu) Malik is one of my favourite singers ! No one else can make me laugh like he does when he sings.

And Sam that Holi song was really awesome.

ps - In the 1st edition of Indian Idol, did anyone see that guy come for the audition and sing exactly like Anu Malik ?? Anu was thunderstruck and his face had turned black - the guy did that good an spoof.

Dippy should remember !
Old 10th April 2008, 18:33   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Anu (or is it Annu) Malik is one of my favourite singers ! No one else can make me laugh like he does when he sings.
He makes me laugh only when he has a harmonium to accompany him on interviews and he tries to give his songs a lyric with the harmonium.

Second best would be Bimar Sanu, he sings through his nose and his expressions clearly explain that he feels constipated.
Old 10th April 2008, 18:34   #45
BHPian

from disco dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidzter View Post

3. Zubi Zubi Zubi(dont remember movie) a complete rip off of Brother Louie by Modern Talking

From a Hindi movie called Dance Dance (Mithun, Smita Patil..), Bappi Lahiri did a great job of lifting from a movie called Disco Dancer (cant recall fully). A lot of music from this movie was used by our beloved music director.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks