Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2008, 18:44   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
He makes me laugh only when he has a harmonium to accompany him on interviews and he tries to give his songs a lyric with the harmonium.

Second best would be Bimar Sanu, he sings through his nose and his expressions clearly explain that he feels constipated.
Yeah I remember him singing Kali Kali Aankhen from Baazigar on a harmonium. I heard that song is lifted too

Speaking of Bimar Sanu hre is something for laughs

Old 10th April 2008, 23:04   #47
BHPian

yup Dippy heard that Raja Ko Raani se blah blah blah.... it is very very similar indeed...
but what i have in mind is something different where the lyrics goes something like "yeh hai intehaa pyaar ki" or something like that.... after the whole guitar solo of the theme is done....

simpu just rocks! anyone seen the we are rockstars ad in which they play the sweet child o mine on a sitar!.... now that is what is meant by INSPIRED..... very well executed!
Old 13th April 2008, 16:34   #48
BHPian

Check out todays Pune Mirror.... some lists there aswell with a Pritam interview! mahn... he says if anyone can prove he has copied "completely" he'll leave the music line....

anyone interested to write him a mail?

lol.... if you are in Mumbai maybe it was in the Mumbai Mirror... Check it out....

i dont have a scanner but if anyone having it and also some time lease put it up!

A very interesting video compilation pritams original music...

Last edited by tidzter : 13th April 2008 at 16:43.
Old 14th April 2008, 11:13   #49
Senior - BHPian

Saw those videos on youtube. Boy I think Pritam doesnt have a single original composition. His favourites are all Korean bands. Those videos are definately worth a watch. There is one on RD Burman and Anu Malik as well.
Old 14th April 2008, 15:12   #50
BHPian

I guess why don't any take any legal action against Pritam he is minting money by lifting tunes. I also fail to understand why he gets the most number of awards for best music director.
Old 14th April 2008, 16:37   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidzter View Post
you know i'm not against these people getting "inspired" and all what i get pissed off about is the fact that these people do nothing but just pick up a tune and mix it with hindi lyrics making a good singer sing on it.... cmon you and I can do that...and they take the credit and claim themselves as big knowledgeable people of music...take bappi lahiri as an example.. i ............................
godfather theme.... and u'll also think u've heard it with hindi lyrics before...

ANU MALIK...the pioneer of nasal voice... anyone remember DO ME A FAVOUR....LETS PLAY HOLI!!
The amount of inspiration shows up directly in the creation (Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V). If our directors are more inspired by a song, we find more of it in copied.... ooops.... created hindi music.
Old 16th April 2008, 17:35   #52
Senior - BHPian

Gosh, those videos on Pritam's plagiarised stuff was very revealing. Almost all the new songs that I liked seem to be lifted from Korean numbers!
Man, our guys stink!
Old 16th April 2008, 18:02   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Gosh, those videos on Pritam's plagiarised stuff was very revealing. Almost all the new songs that I liked seem to be lifted from Korean numbers!
Man, our guys stink!
Quote:
Saw those videos on Youtube. Boy I think Pritam doesnt have a single original composition. His favourites are all Korean bands. Those videos are definately worth a watch. There is one on RD Burman and Anu Malik as well.
I also saw those videos and just cant agree with more,very disappointing to know that.
Old 16th April 2008, 19:10   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Things that struck me immediately was a copy in 1960s of 'Come September'..don't remember the Hindi song's name.
"Nazrein mili dil dhadka meri dhadkan ne kaha I love you Raja" - from Raja starring Madhuri and Anil Kapoor's brother.

We have so many carbon copies of Tequila, one that I remember is "Le pappiyaan jhappiyan paa le hum"

Will come up with more later.
Old 22nd August 2009, 07:45   #55
BHPian

Chronicles of plagiarism in Indian film music

Plagiarism, as defined in the 1995 Random House Compact Unabridged Dictionary, is the "use or close imitation of the language and thoughts of another author and the representation of them as one's own original work."

As a 6 year old,my interest in guitar was fueled by few songs by our very own legends of Indian film music. The guitar solo part from ek haseena thi from the old movie karz, the mehbooba song from sholay, dum maaro dum from hare rama hare krishna, Akele hum akele tum's 'Raja ko rani se pyaar ho gaya etc etc. I used to wonder how they made such wonderful tunes.

Thomas alva edison said "Genius is 1 percent inspiration and 99 percent perspiration", i slowly found out the reverse applies too.

Raja ko Rani se Pyar ho gaya [Film: Akele Hum Akele Tum] is inspired from the Love theme - Godfather by Nino Rota!

Ek Haseena Thi [Film: Karz (1980)] is a blatant lift from George Benson's 'We as love' (1977).

Mehbooba Mehbooba [Film: Sholay (1975)] is inspired from Demis Roussoss’s Say You Love Me.

Many more songs we have listened to, liked,connected to things in our life and in few people's case inspired; have been inspirations of our music directors.

For deep reading please check out this wonderful website itwofs.com - chronicles of plagiarism in indian film music
On the right side of the webpage you will find links for music directors and their inspirations.

Disclaimer-
Inspiration and genius--one and the same.
Victor Hugo

Knowing little about music,i can say that arranging the music and making it
a complete song is not a easy thing even if the song has been inspired.
So i still do respect our music directors and their inspirations. But kudos to the original composers and artists. I think they do deserve credit too.

Thank you,
Gautham
Old 22nd August 2009, 08:57   #56
BHPian

Hah dude. Good luck with your website. Not difficult to conclude. Just reading your post got me thinking. Seeing the website proved it. No offense. Perfectly fine to earn a living by hard work.

Also since the topic is genuine enough to talk about, this will catch some interest. Seems like a bit hard work on collecting all that information. Did you refer to some existing database? I'm wondering how you sourced all the info, did you listen to each of them? Or you happened to remember all those?

Last edited by Gurpartap Singh : 22nd August 2009 at 09:07.
Old 22nd August 2009, 09:32   #57
BHPian

Hey that is not my website. I just happened to find it while surfing. But ya the pains undertaken by the owner of the website is evident to one going through it. He deserves credit. Just thought i could enlighten fellow members and guests of team bhp the way the way the owner of the website did it for me.

The owner of the website is a person called Karthik.S.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 22nd August 2009 at 11:12. Reason: one logical post
Old 22nd August 2009, 20:21   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatham.psb View Post
Hey that is not my website. I just happened to find it while surfing.
Good you clarified that, gatham, or Mr Singh may have hauled you up for plagiarism.
Old 22nd August 2009, 20:59   #59
BANNED

Why limit to songs, even story lines, scenes too are straight lifts.
Old 22nd August 2009, 22:12   #60
Senior - BHPian

Its a brilliant job! the guy who put up those collection, Mr. Kartik has done a very commendable job. i can only imagine how much effort he might have put to assemble them.

Most Viewed