Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2006, 10:06   #1
ECM
BHPian

How good our Hindi music is? Discuss copies and originals here

I love song from Gangster Ya Ali but when I came to know that it is a ditto copy of Arabic Band Guitara(Ya Ghali) I was shocked.Just listen the original one in Arabic!
http://rapidshare.de/files/34110758/ya_ghali.zip.html

Last edited by ECM : 23rd September 2006 at 10:07.
Old 23rd September 2006, 11:00   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Until very recently, I was only an English music guy. Selective music from genres as wide as old school rock, techno, pop, under-ground, 60's etc. filled my car and room. The only Hindi music I ever listened to was either classics or ghazals.

Butttttttttttttttttttt someone in my office got me hooked on to the new age Hindi pop. And I gotta admit, I dont mind listening to it once in a while. I still dont like hindi film songs but the pop is pretty okay.
Old 23rd September 2006, 12:33   #3
Senior - BHPian

ECM

Heard ya Ghali quite some time back. Though the song in gangster is "inspired" by this one I found the Hindi version more catchy and the music was better too

There are loads of Hindi songs copied from Arabic and Pakistani songs
Old 23rd September 2006, 12:35   #4
Senior - BHPian

I'm a big time fan of Hindi Music ( Bollywood and other ). I think Hindi music absolutely rocks - the other forms of music - Rock , Pop , Hip Hop etc etc are all paani kum chai.
Old 23rd September 2006, 12:50   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
I'm a big time fan of Hindi Music ( Bollywood and other ). I think Hindi music absolutely rocks - the other forms of music - Rock , Pop , Hip Hop etc etc are all paani kum chai.
you said it man!!!
hindi musics the best.

inspirations not a new thing in bollywood. even kaho nd kaho is a direct lift off tamally maak from buddha bar. the hindi version however sounds much better so i dont care.
Old 23rd September 2006, 13:11   #6
BHPian

kudos to Mr.pritam will soon be ahead of Mr.anu mallik in the field of copy pasting music
Old 23rd September 2006, 13:17   #7
ECM
BHPian

Dear Garvit, Pritam has entered in that club where Mr.Bappi Lahiri is a life time president.LOL
jokes apart I too love Hindi music but sometime when u feel that the song which u love is a copy case I just feel like...............jane do yaron!
Old 23rd September 2006, 13:38   #8
F50
Senior - BHPian

I somewhat like Hindi Music and yeah Himesh Rocks!!

Ok on serious note, the songs are good but they are not as popular as old/classic songs. These songs stay in everybody's mind, on tongue for few weeks then its replaced by other. They cannot become classics.
10 years down the line nobody is going to remember Ya Ali, Right Here Right Now, Tere Bin, Mitwa etc etc but we still know Yahoo! Koi mujhe junglee kahe, Awara Hoon, Khaike Paan Banaras wala etc etc.

Coming to Remix, its become a big industry. Everybody is into remix. Pick old songs add few beats, make it quick and Rakhi Sawant .... voila Remix is ready.
I have met old timers like O.P. Nayar etc they all feel sad that Aaj Kal ke Log ek apna khudka gaana nahi bana sakte.
Old 23rd September 2006, 13:47   #9
Senior - BHPian

the only difference between pritam nd anu malik is tht pritam actually admits that he has copied some songs

i agree some of the remixes are $#!T though there are some really good DJs like Sukteu, Aqeel, Akbar Sami nd Bally Sagoo these guys do a good job unlike the DJs who remix the songs for the Rakhee Sawant videos. these DJs are actually called DJ HOT,BABY DOLL etc...............lol

Last edited by khanak : 23rd September 2006 at 13:49.
Old 23rd September 2006, 13:57   #10
Senior - BHPian

Some remixes are well made but the rest are just mediocre

Bappi copied but hell I really love his songs esp the ones hes sung himself. He really rocked in the 80s disco era

even the hindi songs in the early 90s were good
Old 23rd September 2006, 13:59   #11
BHPian

I personally feel that hindi music has degraded over the year...although the production skills have improved remarkably but the real creativity has diminshed...
the likes of anu malik himesh n to some extent pritam are ruining the industyr...still once a while we do get some good numbers frm bollywood....i feel guyz from across the border are making better n orignal tunes than our own copier...err composers.....

all said n done...my all time fav is still ...."Zeher hai k pyar hai tera chumma.... !!!!"
Old 23rd September 2006, 15:26   #12
ECM
BHPian

Just recall one famous theme song by Doordarshan in mid 90s,mile sur mera tumhara which we used to see on almost every Sunday on DD,such music is missing nowadays atleast for me.I have it if anyone wants I can upload it.More on this song --------
Indian television viewers cannot forget some of the memorable songs that were produced by Lok Seva Sanchar Parishad (LSSP). They used to come as fillers but were laden with such a melodic content that people did not want to put the television sets off or leave for a break. LSSP recognized many pioneering achievers in various fields and presented many integrated videos wherein these people emphasized the importance of nationalistic spirit that needs to be sustained. Be it Gavaskar holding the torch high and drenching in a drizzle, or Kamalhassan videographed as if paying undeterred attention to the vocal gimmicks of Balamurali Krishna, or a bubbly Kapildev runnning with his head held in national and sporting pride, or a stunning string orchestra paced beautifully with the icons running in slow motion or a even a laIndian television viewers cannot forget some of the memorable songs that were produced by Lok Seva Sanchar Parishad (LSSP). They used to come as fillers but were laden with such a melodic content that people did not want to put the television sets off or leave for a break. LSSP recognized many pioneering achievers in various fields and presented many integrated videos wherein these people emphasized the importance of nationalistic spirit that needs to be sustained. Be it Gavaskar holding the torch high and drenching in a drizzle, or Kamalhassan videographed as if paying undeterred attention to the vocal gimmicks of Balamurali Krishna, or a bubbly Kapildev runnning with his head held in national and sporting pride, or a stunning string orchestra paced beautifully with the icons running in slow motion or a even a layman sitting on the elephants to sing about kerala or day to day people getting off the Metro Railway in the Calcutta stations - the imagery they captured was vivid, spellbinding and pretty much completely representative of India. The curent world of Cable TV is a little too busy to stop and look at the beautiful work that Doordarshan (DD) had produced ( ofcoure, they produced many stupid programmes too). Hardly nationalistic themes come in as "fillers" due to the rampage of the private sector to advertise the products.
yman sitting on the elephants to sing about kerala or day to day people getting off the Metro Railway in the Calcutta stations - the imagery they captured was vivid, spellbinding and pretty much completely representative of India. The curent world of Cable TV is a little too busy to stop and look at the beautiful work that Doordarshan (DD) had produced ( ofcoure, they produced many stupid programmes too). Hardly nationalistic themes come in as "fillers" due to the rampage of the private sector to advertise the products.

Last edited by ECM : 23rd September 2006 at 15:34.
Old 23rd September 2006, 18:23   #13
BHPian

very true ECM and congrates to u for ur excellent words.
I think most of us r missing those short melodic fillers.Or probably we have stopped watching DD,they might still be showing it.

I never missed that song whenever it came on tv and i could feel somthing different in my body.It had a very strong message in it but in very soft,melodic & musical form.

well....talking of music,certainly it has degraded to very low.Infcat most of the "art & culture" things have deteriorated,probably coz of era of new technology.Now they have to do it for the market instead of doing it for themselves and thier lovers.

I agree with dippy that though bappi's music was 'copied' yet most of his music was liked by many.

Last edited by rsjaurr : 23rd September 2006 at 18:24.
Old 23rd September 2006, 18:57   #14
ECM
BHPian

Dear RSJaurr thx for appreciation, Listen Mile sur mera Tumhara threw this link,it will open your windown media player and if you have a firewall just grant a temporary excess to it.
Here I go>>http://www.dhool.com/cgi-bin/stream....otd/milesur.rm

PS:-If some of you cannot able to listen it due to unicode player's absence in your p.c then just tell me to upload it,cheers.

Last edited by ECM : 23rd September 2006 at 18:59.
Old 23rd September 2006, 21:24   #15
Senior - BHPian

while various music directors are copycats these days, there are still various good music directors. I love Hindi songs too and I listen to English songs too, Shania, EMinem, Tiesto being my favouraites.

A.R Rehman, Ismail Darbar, Shannkar/Ehsaan/Loy are some of those that actually nurture good music.Bappi Lahiri used to give good music years ago. Suddenly he rean out of originals and we sawthe result. Even Biddu has had some great hits. His music has a retro taste to it. But he hasnt been able to create a huge impact.

Himesh Reshamiya, Anu Malik, Pritam, etc are nothin but Hamsters who occassionally get a good exclusive hit.

The best music I still find is the music of 70's and 80's.

Boss Kaun hai, maaalum hai kya?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks