Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2018, 21:50   #136
BHPian

Re: The NBA Thread

Hi dark.knight,

Greatest coach? I might argue Pop but i'll give it to you. Most dominant player? Shaq hands down. The GOAT? Kobe? Nah, i'll beg to disagree. I'll ride with Kareem, MJ, heck even Bron any day over Kobe. On the triangle offense, I think it will still work in todays game, given there are good players. Remember, Phil always had the best to work with.

I beg to disagree about Steph, he is not predictable, infact he is unleashed by the warriors to cause some sort of an organised chaos. About Bron, i haven't been his biggest fan, but the way he takes care of his body is only next to Dwayne Johnson and Flyod money mayweather IMHO. He pads stats, and won a bogus ring against GSW but any which way, he is still a first ballot HoF. Just to correct you, Tim was not the last to retire, Kobe(and the truth) was, with his epic 60pt game.

FWIW, a little NBA intro, i'm a bad boy piston for life. My fav player is Isiah Thomas. I am a fan of the game and not the individuals so i'll like the game no matter the perceived changes to it.

Last edited by ampere : 13th December 2018 at 22:19. Reason: Formatted
Old 13th December 2018, 23:17   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The NBA Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukund View Post
Just to correct you, Tim was not the last to retire, Kobe(and the truth) was, with his epic 60pt game.
Bron over Kobe? Thats where my obvious bias is going to be visible.. I wouldn't put Bron in top 10, leave alone GOAT, and there are theories floating around as to how he "keeps" in shape, something that is injected i.e, and those aren't just theories if many evidences are to be believed. Besides the man is so clumsy, even Shaq had a grace, a fluidity to his motion in comparison.

Nope, Kobe retired well before Tim, he started out in 2015-16 saying that it is his final season. Duncan still had a year left but retired much later after the playoffs exit, can say about 4-5 months later.

I don't hate Curry as much as I do Bron, (hey I'm passionate about the game, I either love or hate players), but he is a one trick pony.. we used to have a guard like that when we played in coll, always throwing the ball out the perimeter but it made the game so much boring, I liked to drive in and score in the paint, I copied Kobe's moves by the inch.. there is something so fluid, so textbook about the guy that it makes Jordan look like an amateur.

Most Viewed