Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2009, 17:57   #421
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
A few days ago i happened to visit the Olive Bar and Grille at Mahalaxmi, Race course.
That is one seriously overpriced place. I was there for dinner a few days back, and a meal for five, and a drink each (a second for a friend I think) cost us 1,700 per head.

manson.
Old 10th January 2009, 21:15   #422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhokritesh View Post
Had been to The famous Yazdani Bakery at Fort yesterday, loved the smacking hot Apple Pie with Chai (tea) Bun maska Wow Wow Wow. Also took some Ginger Biscuits home.
Definitely on my places to try list.
Old 10th January 2009, 21:22   #423
Senior - BHPian

Any idea where I can get another naan sandwich Gogi? Anything this time of the year?
Old 10th January 2009, 21:28   #424
Senior - BHPian

naan sandwich is EXCATLY what i was talking about! its available at mohammedali road!!!! chicken and mutton!
Old 10th January 2009, 21:57   #425
BHPian

I think we need to go to Shri Thaakar Bhojnalaya to make sure their kitchen can churn out fulkas etc faster then we can finish em off.
gogi, is ample ghee available on the rotis ?
I am in for gujju_thali_stampede
Old 10th January 2009, 23:26   #426
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
That is one seriously overpriced place. I was there for dinner a few days back, and a meal for five, and a drink each (a second for a friend I think) cost us 1,700 per head.

manson.
tell me about it. i was there with 6 friends and the bill came to 7650. we didnt have enough cash. lol.
Old 11th January 2009, 02:02   #427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
tell me about it. i was there with 6 friends and the bill came to 7650. we didnt have enough cash. lol.
I'd love to know what happened then? How many dishes did you have to wash?
Old 11th January 2009, 02:15   #428
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
I'd love to know what happened then? How many dishes did you have to wash?
hehe simple. well its not to common for college going people to have a credit card but one of my friends did have a standard chartered titanium (dunno how he got it?? always thought you had to be 18?). so we payed him whatever cash we had. sorry if you were expecting a story.
Old 11th January 2009, 02:22   #429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
hehe simple. well its not to common for college going people to have a credit card but one of my friends did have a standard chartered titanium (dunno how he got it?? always thought you had to be 18?). so we payed him whatever cash we had. sorry if you were expecting a story.
Thank god for that. Plastic to the rescue.
Old 11th January 2009, 02:25   #430
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thank god for that. Plastic to the rescue.
yup. the other backup was on its way too. another friend had called for cash from his house.
Old 11th January 2009, 11:05   #431
BHPian

Oven Fresh-er

went to ovenfresh @ shivaji park after a very long time, its gotten bigger (in choice of cuisine) and better, excellento food.
Old 12th January 2009, 02:32   #432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post

For a superlative pizza go here;
Cellini at the Grand Hyatt, Trattoria at the Taj president or the Indigo Deli.

I found the pizza at Indigo Deli better than even Trattoria. I got the 12" which they can't make as thin or as crispy as the 9" one so maybe that's what it was. The crust at Indigo Deli is paper thin and really crunchy. Also the quality of ingridients used appears to be really good. I believe the quality of ingridients used makes a bi difference in Italian cooking. I used to consider Don Giovanni to be the best place for pizza but on my last visit I was pretty disappointing. I don't think their pizza has changed so perhaps its just me. The coffee shop at Maratha also surprisingly makes some pretty good pizza - not a bad idea to head over before checking in or while waiting for a delayed flight. Mangi Ferra in Juhu was highly reccomended by a friend for their woodfired pizza but it certainly didn't live up to the hype - neither did Penne, also in Juhu. I haven't tried Cellini as yet is it really that good?
Old 12th January 2009, 12:40   #433
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Banana Leaf is owned by the same guys as Mahesh Lunch home. I would think it'll do very well. All the veggie lovers ought to give it a try.
Thanks! Will try this weekend. My folks love the pure-veg kinda places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post

manson.
Agreed. Why did I get the feeling that it's more expensive than the Bandra Olive?
Old 12th January 2009, 14:12   #434
BHPian

Quote:
I found the pizza at Indigo Deli better than even Trattoria. I got the 12" which they can't make as thin or as crispy as the 9" one so maybe that's what it was. The crust at Indigo Deli is paper thin and really crunchy. Also the quality of ingridients used appears to be really good. I believe the quality of ingridients used makes a bi difference in Italian cooking. I used to consider Don Giovanni to be the best place for pizza but on my last visit I was pretty disappointing. I don't think their pizza has changed so perhaps its just me. The coffee shop at Maratha also surprisingly makes some pretty good pizza - not a bad idea to head over before checking in or while waiting for a delayed flight. Mangi Ferra in Juhu was highly reccomended by a friend for their woodfired pizza but it certainly didn't live up to the hype - neither did Penne, also in Juhu. I haven't tried Cellini as yet is it really that good?
I heard lots about trattoria. Then when I finally went it was just average; as in, there was nothing wow! about the pizza, or may be it was just me..
Old 12th January 2009, 14:23   #435
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Agreed. Why did I get the feeling that it's more expensive than the Bandra Olive?
They have separate pricing at both branches?!

Olive mahalaxmi has the worst service possible, everytime I have been there its gotten worse. And they don't even serve their famous sand-fish there!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks