Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2009, 15:33   #691
BHPian

Tried the Golden Wok at Sanpada on sunday evening. The place was relatively empty when we went in at 8 pm but attributed same to Shravan month.

We being vegetarians had limited choices with only two pages given to Veg dishes out of 10 page menu card. Nevertheless, tried sesame corn on toast for starter, Vegetable Stewed rice and Veg Taro Nest ( Vegetables with red sauce in potato basket ) .

I found that the vegetarian food was very good and reasonably priced. It wasnt oily at all, even the starters which were fried, there were no traces of oil on the plate. In all we ate more veggies then rice so you could say there was 30% rice and 70% veggies in the main course.

All in all very good, close to authentic ( that is what I have heard as i havent tasted authentic chinese, lol ) reasonable ( the bill amount was Rs 372/- all inclusive. ) and good ambience, though the leather on the sofa is peeling off. They have too much staff but they dont take care if the glasses of water needs refilling. Too many of family get togethers happening here of lot of noise sometimes. By the time we left the restaurant was full with lot of noise.

But all in all a very good experience, I had good chinese cusine long after I had similar experience at Thai-Chi at Nirmal lifestyles at Mulund.

Mansi
Old 9th August 2009, 13:03   #692

Could someone please gimme some good night Buffet Restaurant options for PArsi New Year.
Old 9th August 2009, 22:07   #693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Could someone please gimme some good night Buffet Restaurant options for PArsi New Year.
Cyrus are you looking for Parsi food specifically ??
If not, I generally find the midnight buffet at the Orchid, near the domestic airport, very good in terms of quality and reliability / consistency.
Old 10th August 2009, 00:23   #694

No im not looking for parsi food... Just normal food as in maybe Chinese or like bbq stuff or something... We have ruled out BBQ nation for now. The last resort will be to book Parsi Gymkhana @ dadar.
Old 10th August 2009, 08:24   #695
Distinguished - BHPian

Went to Valhalla last Saturday night. It's a newly opened restobar near starters n more at churchgate. First floor with a terrace for smoking as well. Food n drinks are charged at five star rates but the tapas are worth the price. Decent selection of wines as well to complement the tapas.
To enter after 1015, you must be on the guest list. No cover or entry charge though.
Music is house and good and picks up tempo as the night builds up. No Hindi music at all! Phew! Place is on till 230 generally.

Btw, anyone knows why Henry thams shut down?
Old 10th August 2009, 11:13   #696
BHPian

On saturday night went to a place called MasalaCraft just opposite lilavati hospital. Very good indian food and also very good value for money and the best part is that they let you sit without piling on you for orders. Great place for some good north indian cuisine.
Old 10th August 2009, 13:13   #697
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post

Btw, anyone knows why Henry thams shut down?
I heard they were shifting
Old 24th August 2009, 01:44   #698
BHPian

Great News,

The Kabab Factory is opening at Powai, Hiranandani (opposite the Yellow Chili building) bang opp Gangar Opticians.

Next to it coming up is Chili (the American Tex-Mex chain)

The variety just expanded to eating out in Powai. Ample parking though outside.

Cheers
M
Old 24th August 2009, 10:50   #699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjgm View Post
The variety just expanded to eating out in Powai.
True

Quote:
Ample parking though outside.
Now you must be joking !
Old 24th August 2009, 11:06   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjgm View Post
Great News,

The Kabab Factory is opening at Powai, Hiranandani (opposite the Yellow Chili building) bang opp Gangar Opticians.

Next to it coming up is Chili (the American Tex-Mex chain)

The variety just expanded to eating out in Powai. Ample parking though outside.

Cheers
M
manish you just made my day, Chili's is one of my favourite places, cant wait for it to come to India. I wish they would launch Chipotle in India, it would do great !!
Old 24th August 2009, 12:36   #701
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofsatan View Post
manish you just made my day, Chili's is one of my favourite places, cant wait for it to come to India. I wish they would launch Chipotle in India, it would do great !!
Talking about wishing, i wish they would launch Cinnabon here!
Old 24th August 2009, 12:47   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Talking about wishing, i wish they would launch Cinnabon here!
yes, cinnabon is awesome, so much variety and you can smell it down the mall. Cinnabon is evil, I ate it last year and I am still paying for it!!!
Old 9th September 2009, 12:38   #703
Senior - BHPian

Where in Mumbai can I eat Chicken / Pork Souvlaki?
Old 9th September 2009, 12:40   #704
BHPian

Hi Guys,
I need to take 10 to 12 people out for dinner this coming Saturday. Cuisine preference would be Italian, Mediterranian or Chinese or Multi-Cuisine. So far I have narrowed it down to Global Fusion and Mangi Ferra in Bandra but I am open to other places around Bandra / Khar / Juhu / Andheri W etc. as well. While I am okay with spending ~Rs 700 per head on food, the alcohol bill for so many people will kill me! Plus the people I am taking out usualy end up having malts so this could get a little too pricey.

Do either of these resturants charge corkage or are they recommendations on nice places that do BYOB? This way I could carry along a couple of bottles of Laphroaig QC and some nice Pinot Noir to complete the dining expereicne without much damage to the pocket.

Would appreciate a quick response as I would need to make reservations soon.

Thanks,
vcash
Old 9th September 2009, 15:46   #705
BHPian

Update: Just called Global Fusion. They have hiked their prices from Rs. 650 to Rs. 850 for the weekends and they will charge Rs. 1000 for Corkage for unlimited bottles excluding Beer and Wine which has to be bought inhouse. The lack of bringing my own wine is a deal killer and my initial estimates now put the entire night at close to 20K if one dines at GF with alcohol included.

Any inputs on Mumbai Times Cafe / Noodle Bar or China Gate?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks