Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2012, 12:49   #916
BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Mumbai

Hi
A little weird request.
Which is the best place to have peanut Masala in Bombay ?
I absolutey love the dish as chakhna and always order it. I like to make it as well and would love to learn various versions of it.
Old 31st May 2012, 18:31   #917
Senior - BHPian

Was in Bombay this week.Ate in the following places.

Golden Dragon Taj Mahal Palace
Indian Restaurant at Taj Mahal Palace
Moshe's
Indian Restaurant at JW Marriot
Bachelors
Sanchos
Hakka Saan
Bachelor's
Kirti College Vada Pav
Shiv Sagar
Dakshinayan
Yoko's Sizzlers

PS:The Mango Cream at Bachelors is to Die For.Yumm
Old 3rd August 2012, 19:45   #918
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Kind of OT, but fits into this thread.

An unlikely place with absolutely yummy, finger-licking, delicious food. First, check out the menu:

A Guide: Eating out in Mumbai-20120731-11.41.47-custom.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Mumbai-20120731-11.40.37-custom.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Mumbai-20120731-11.41.04-custom.jpg

Believe it or not, this is the patient's menu at Breach Candy Hospital. Unsurprisingly, each patient eagerly looks forward to meal times.
Old 24th October 2012, 18:23   #919
BANNED

A little OT.

Which coffee chains allow you to sit there & work with a laptop for 2-3 hours? How much do you have to order in these 2-3 hours? I will have my own laptop and internet connection. A laptop charging point would be good but not neccessary.
Old 24th October 2012, 18:33   #920
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy
A little OT.

Which coffee chains allow you to sit there & work with a laptop for 2-3 hours? How much do you have to order in these 2-3 hours? I will have my own laptop and internet connection. A laptop charging point would be good but not neccessary.
Try Bru World Cafe.
Also the ubiquitous Cafe Coffee Day.

Both these chains do not trouble the guest, even if he or she simply orders one cup of coffee and lingers there for a long time...
Old 24th October 2012, 18:35   #921
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy
A little OT.

Any CCD, I have never had any issues so far. I believe two cofffees in 3 hours is a fairdeal. I hv used their WiFi too.

Raab rakha.

Last edited by ariesonu : 24th October 2012 at 18:37.
Old 2nd November 2012, 10:29   #922
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Goa Portuguesa @ Mahim.

Don't know how this place hasn't made it to the thread yet.

Absolutely lip smacking wholesome meals, and I say this as a vegetarian! Ample space inside (unlike what the small entrance area would have you believe). Konkan & Hindi music playing in the background. Friendly, prompt service. A kind of "Goa meets Bombay" restaurant.

Was served spicy red curry with the finest rice I've seen in a long, long time. Food that'll tingle your taste buds and make you overeat without fail. It's a must-eat-at restaurant.

The way that the owner promotes himself & the restaurant is too cheesy though. There's pictures of him and the bollywood type pasted everywhere. I heard some of them are photo-shopped . Each table has a book with hundreds of testimonials by politicians, sports personalities etc. Don't pay attention to this pompous show, else you'll end up with a headache.

Website
Old 19th November 2012, 11:34   #923
BHPian

Second that GTO.

Been a long time since i updated this thread. Recent "mention-worthy" places i have been to:

1. Kazan - Andheri West

I usually don't travel very far from Bandra these days as i get late from work. But as my friends insisted, i went there on Friday night. Its in the same premise as Bora Bora & Hometown Cafe in a lane opposite the Tanishq Showroom, just off Link Road. They serve Mughlai/NWF Cuisine. We ordered for 3 starters & 2 Entree's (Main Course). Starter's - Chicken Kanchi Kabab, Seekh Kabab & Mahi Rasana Tikka. Mains - Methi Chicken & Mix Vegetable.

Chicken Kanchi Kabab & Mutton Seekh Kabab
A Guide: Eating out in Mumbai-kanchi-kabab-seekh-kababs.jpg

Mahi Rasana Tikka (Bassa Fish)
A Guide: Eating out in Mumbai-mahi-rasana-tikka.jpg

Every dish we ordered was very good & i will go there again.

Pro-tip: We carried our bottle there & they did not charge us for any corkage. Works out much cheaper & you get to have your choice.

2. Spaghetti Kitchen - Lower Parel (Italian)

We usually go there very often as we get to meet our old friend, a manager from the Kemp's Corner China Garden, Samson. He always takes good care of us & suggests the best dishes. Won't discuss much on the menu but one standout that we order regularly is the Chicken Penne Vodka which is simply out of this world. Outstanding!

3. Koh - Intercontinental

Of course Thai Pavilion is my favorite, but i also found Koh's cuisine to be excellent. They have a lot of authentic ingredients which their Chef Ian imports. Glass noodles, Tiny mushrooms are some of the things that enhance & elevate the experience & we keep frequenting this place when we head out to town. Specially relish the shrimp, roasted peanuts & green papaya salad that reminds me of Thailand. Also there's a coconut based soup with a hint of basil which particularly tingles your senses.

More in a few days.

Last edited by anilkalvani : 19th November 2012 at 11:36.
Old 4th January 2013, 15:51   #924
Senior - BHPian

Try SKY Cafe opposite Sterling Cinema Mumbai CST. It has a small Cafe type of open sky environment with basic decor. They serve continental, Chinese, Italian food.

Recommended veg items in preferential order.

- Mushroom Ravioli even if you don't like mushroom.
- Any Risotto
- White sauce Pastas
- Garlic bread

Look for the 4 dish combo. Ultra worth it.

I would let someone else try it and post the prices. I would just leave it as that is it ECONOMICAL. Its no Quattro or Relish or cafe mangi but 5x more VFM.

Last edited by dipen : 4th January 2013 at 15:56.
Old 4th January 2013, 16:09   #925
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I tried Sandeep - didn't particularly like it - maybe he had an off-day!!
Last time (2 years back) when I wrote this - I think sea food was the stuff I had ordered.

In the last month, tried their sukha mutton and mutton biryani a few times and always very good. By far, the best non-veg is Mulund.

Tried Chicken Biryani at a place called Backyard near Yogi Hills, Mulund. Was not good just like a majority of my experiences in Mulund.
Old 25th January 2013, 13:34   #926
BHPian

Went to Breeze Powai,

Its located on the 8th floor of the new building called supreme business park. On the Main road of Hiranandani Powai, you will cross the row of resturants with Mainland China being the last on your left hand side, take the left lane and drive to the end of that road.
The view, and the weather right now, made it a great experience.

Food, we never went there to eat, so that review next time. They serve only veg food, Greek and Mediterranean, panner in olive oil with basil was good. Pizza was thin crust, for 300 odd. Drinks are served. I don't drink so no idea about prices.
Attached Thumbnails
A Guide: Eating out in Mumbai-breeze-powai.jpg  

Last edited by neofromcapone : 25th January 2013 at 13:35.
Old 25th January 2013, 14:13   #927
Senior - BHPian

Spice Lane Restro Bar on Goregaon Mulund Link Rd, Mulund(W) a little after coming from DMart has some very good food quality. Been there recently, the food and ambiance both are worth experience. Service is good too. Tried menu of Kebabs, Hyderabad Biryani, Chicken Handi and Rotis there. Rotis are of wheat, not maida which is very good again. Very friendly on pocket too. 4 adults, 3 kids had very fulfilling meal for 1475/-.

There is nice panwala outside Pooja Restaurant further down if you are looking for it.

An image from net:

Old 25th January 2013, 18:57   #928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
Spice Lane Restro Bar on Goregaon Mulund Link Rd, Mulund(W) a little after coming from DMart has some very good food quality. Been there recently, the food and ambiance both are worth experience. Service is good too. Tried menu of Kebabs, Hyderabad Biryani, Chicken Handi and Rotis there. Rotis are of wheat, not maida which is very good again. Very friendly on pocket too. 4 adults, 3 kids had very fulfilling meal for 1475/-.

There is nice panwala outside Pooja Restaurant further down if you are looking for it.

An image from net:
Food yes, but they are way behind at their services front. Go only if you don't mind the laid back service but awesome food.
Old 26th January 2013, 20:13   #929
BANNED

There is a small new pizza guy opened up in Mulund West now. It's called "Smoking Pizza" (doesn't seem to be related to Smoking Joe). If you go from the Jain Temple Sarvodya Nagar towards the Ayaapan Temple - the place where you would take a right - it's at that corner next to a small battery shop. The pizza shop is very small - 2-3 small tables. It's mostly a delivery/takeout place. The pizza is very tasty and they put good toppings, good amount of cheese and very reasonably priced (unlike the chains where the pizzas are now exorbitant) - I noticed Dominos has pizzas which actually go upto and beyond Rs. 600!!!!!

Toppings are only veg - but they have every veg topping which the chains have. They also have garlic bread, veg burgers, rolls, paninnis, desserts etc.

Last edited by carboy : 26th January 2013 at 20:15.
Old 28th January 2013, 17:13   #930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
You will get top notch Amritsari Wadis in Koliwada area.
========== I recommend Roshan Stores which is in a small by lane opp Mini Punjab and adjacent to Hazara Hotel.
Hey, V-16, do these shops also stock Amritsari Papads? My chacha used to get some from Beas and I loved those!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks