Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2020, 16:47   #1171
BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I have lived in Chembur for many years. Not there now, though. But I visit frequently. If you eat meat & fish (I don't much), you should try Sunny in Shell Colony Road in Chembur - not so good location - but it is spoken of very highly among Mallus in Chembur. y.
You brought back fond memories of my TISS days. Visits to Sunny used to be our high point. The eatery is cramped but the wait was well worth it on account of the seafood and the forbidden meat . Still remember the warm drinking water they served before the meal. Aids digestion I believe. Believe me we needed it for the copious amounts we wolfed down!
Old 6th January 2020, 16:50   #1172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
You brought back fond memories of my TISS days. Visits to Sunny used to be our high point. The eatery is cramped but the wait was well worth it on account of the seafood and the forbidden meat . Still remember the warm drinking water they served before the meal. Aids digestion I believe. Believe me we needed it for the copious amounts we wolfed down!
You are from TISS? Which course and year of pass out? I have been lucky to continue to live in Chembur. Sunny and Udaya were too good to miss for a sumptuous Kerela cuisine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Farzi Cafe - mind-numbingly good food (owned by a BHPian).
Check out the presentation
Attachment 1577011
He should have got a Team BHP Sticker on that truck

I am confident if we merge our meet thread with this, there will be a long list of 'confirmed' members for it.

How come there is no mention of Khau Galli of Ghatkopar? So many good stuff in here.

Its like a lane with stalls in order.

1. Pani Puri - ice cold
2. SW - Cheese (alot of it) veg grill
3. Dosa - Jini Dosa being famous but I like their Manchurian one.
4. Frankie
5. Gola - End with a good malain gola or sardar special gola.
6. Paan

There is Achija at the end of the lane where you would get one of the best Pav Bhaji's and Masala Pav in the city.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 6th January 2020 at 19:10. Reason: Merged back to back posts.
Old 7th January 2020, 08:04   #1173
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Very honestly, the overall playing field has become damn competitive. As a result, I don't remember the last time I ate out & had a bad meal. As long as you do some basic research (e.g. Zomato ratings & reviews), you are all set.

Had gone to an old favourite - 145 - in Bandra recently. Surprised to know that it is still ROCKING! The food was delicious & the ambience lively. After 11 pm, they removed some tables and turned that area into a dance floor. I thought I'll make it an early night (was a Tuesday), but came home at 230 a.m. .
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2020, 23:22   #1174
BHPian

Can anyone tell me where I can find nice Baklava in Mumbai? I tried online too but couldn't find any reliable website. I got only one lead about Iranian shop in (probably) Mohammed Ali Road but it is only open in month of March.
Old 26th January 2020, 08:21   #1175
BHPian

Tried out the lake view Cafe at rennaisance last week. Good food and great ambience with nice staff made it a very pleasant experience
Old 26th January 2020, 16:33   #1176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
Can anyone tell me where I can find nice Baklava in Mumbai? I tried online too but couldn't find any reliable website. I got only one lead about Iranian shop in (probably) Mohammed Ali Road but it is only open in month of March.
I drove by this place last week, couldn't step in and try it.
Did google the below link for you.
It is in Fort, near Citibank.
The article is speaks very highly of the place.
Let us know how good it is.

https://curlytales.com/hurrems-turkish-baklava-mumbai/
Old 27th January 2020, 14:27   #1177
BHPian

Quote:
Try Bayroute, BKC or Powai - doesn't matter. I have had Baklava here and it's amazing. Be informed though that this is a very luxurious Baklava with a more luxurious price tag.

On another note: visited Bayview Cafe opposite Radio Club in Colaba. Amazing view of the Arabian Sea and equally good food. A highlight of the lunch was this Tomato, Olives, Feta Bruschetta we ordered. It was too good to be that yum, with soft bread even though well toasted. Wonder how did they get that.

Last edited by 1lokesh : 27th January 2020 at 14:32. Reason: Fixed a typo. And added a review of Bayview cafe
Old 27th January 2020, 15:51   #1178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lokesh View Post
Try Bayroute, BKC or Powai - doesn't matter. I have had Baklava here and it's amazing. Be informed though that this is a very luxurious Baklava with a more luxurious price tag.
What was the price per kg / per half kg ?
Old 28th January 2020, 10:07   #1179
BHPian

Quote:
It's a fine dining restaurant and they serve Baklava as a dessert, by plate.

Here is how it looks like, when served: https://www.instagram.com/p/B6GH4VmlTBd/
Old 29th January 2020, 15:56   #1180
BHPian

Quote:
Head to Hurrems on DN Road at Fort. It's relatively new but the variety and the quality of the Baklavas is quite good.
Old 27th January 2022, 15:41   #1181
BHPian

Quote:
If you like Middle Eastern / Arabic food, Bayroute is a good try.

On Zomato, it shows 5 outlets around Mumbai so you can try the restaurant closest to you for dining in, the baklava picture here in the Zomato home delivery option, it shows like a pastry size.

I’ve tried the food and drinks at Bayroute, it’s good and the ambience too.

Worth going there
Old 15th May 2022, 20:37   #1182
BHPian

Hello Guys.

I will be in Mumbai for a few days. But I've never been there before, and do not know abt good places to eat. I would love it if I can get suggestions for good food, without breaking the pocket. Preferrable if it is near Colaba, but any place otherwise will also be fine. My only priorities are good food, which is not too expensive. Any cuisine will be fine for me. Even Non - Veg would be fine for me

Last edited by TorqueMonster : 15th May 2022 at 20:40.
Old 23rd March 2023, 14:06   #1183
BHPian

Guys looking to eat at some restaurant with a good view of the sea and follow it up with some dancing at a nightclub playing 90s bollywood music. I have some Taj Vouchers as well. Is Vista at Land's End any good? Seeing mixed reviews about it. Thanks!

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 25th March 2023 at 12:35. Reason: A word
Old 23rd March 2023, 16:21   #1184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueMonster View Post
Hello Guys.

I will be in Mumbai for a few days. But I've never been there before, and do not know abt good places to eat. I would love it if I can get suggestions for good food, without breaking the pocket. Preferrable if it is near Colaba, but any place otherwise will also be fine. My only priorities are good food, which is not too expensive. Any cuisine will be fine for me. Even Non - Veg would be fine for me
Churchill cafe in Colaba used to be a wonderful place. Opposite Cusrow Baug.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 25th March 2023 at 12:36. Reason: Typos
Old 24th March 2023, 00:24   #1185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyencar View Post
Guys looking to eat at some restaurant with a good view of the sea and follow it up with some dancing at a nightclub playng 90s bollywood music. I have some Taj Vouchers as well. Is Vista at Land's End any good? Seeing mixed reviews about it. Thanks!
Estella at Juhu, or maybe Razz Rhino (Can't comment on it playing 90's bollywood music).

Taj Land's End is best for the view and food is good.
Have a great time.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 25th March 2023 at 12:34. Reason: Punctuation
neofromcapone is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks