Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2016, 14:04   #1
BHPian

The Himalayan Song: A song I made for travelers & mountain lovers

The Himalayan Song

Did you ever, at some point of time, wish to leave the cities and settle in the Himalayas? I know you did and that's precisely why you need to listen to this song. A song that took me more than a year to make. A song that I composed the night before I was to summit a Himalayan peak. A song that is an ode to the Himalayas. A song that is dedicated to the entire travelling community. A song that I call "The Himalayan Song". Enjoy!

A short story behind the song

I’ve always tried to live my life in a uniquely different way. Since childhood, I had a problem fitting in, which later led me to devise my ways out of the accepted societal norms and extend my existence from the mere “survival” stage to the “living life fully” stage. The first change that I brought about in me was to get rid of all of my fears, and the fears that society inculcates in all of us. Once done, I immediately noticed that I felt so much more free.

In the course of more self exploration, I started to travel extensively all over our vast and beautiful country. It taught me life lessons like no other. Then, one fine day when I set foot on the Himalayas, my heart was no more mine. I had left it with those mighty mountains. I trekked for days altogether into the higher reaches of the Himalayas, pitched my tent where I found a source of water, sometimes over several feet of snow, and sometimes near a mighty glacier, gathered firewood from the treeline below and made fire for the night, gazed at the trillions of stars sitting outside my tent, and wrote poetry and music on those nights of solitude. My music had always been with me and one fine night when the delicate moonlight was turning those high Himalayan peaks into silvery crests, I lit up some firewood, took out my notebook, and wrote this song.

The next morning at 4, I was to start climbing to the summit of a Himalayan peak and descend back to base camp by evening. However, sleep was elusive, and a myriad of emotions engulfed my mind. In those frigid negative temperatures of that night, inside my not so warm sleeping bag, the night was spent composing the tune for this song. The next day, no sooner than I had successfully summited the peak, I was greeted with a raging blizzard, a snow storm and high velocity winds. There was a complete whiteout with a visibility of hardly 20 meters. I was still stuck at the summit, trying to figure out my way down, but almost zero visibility didn’t make things look forgiving. All these life changing experiences were the fuel behind me making this song.

This song is about me, and about everyone who wishes to break free from the cities and head to the mountains, contribute to nature and live a more meaningful life.

The entire Audio & Video has been made and produced by me. Hope you like this little and humble effort of mine.

Cheers,
Shubhodeep
RevvMusic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th June 2016, 22:51   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Himalayan Song: A song I made for travelers & mountain lovers

Excellent. Top class music and singing. Great footages of your Himalayan journeys. I could see another BHPian - Arunabh in the video during the closing shots. Keep it up.

Regards.
Old 16th June 2016, 14:53   #3
Team-BHP Support

Nice job man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevvMusic View Post
The entire Audio & Video has been made and produced by me. Hope you like this little and humble effort of mine.
Is audio production your profession by any chance?
Old 16th June 2016, 16:46   #4
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevvMusic View Post
The Himalayan Song

Cheers,
Shubhodeep
Great job sir. Nice music, singing, locations and wonderfully presented as well !

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
I could see another BHPian - Arunabh in the video during the closing shots.
Yes spot on ! I am there for a brief couple of seconds during the last few shots of the video. RevvMusic shot some of the sections during our ride from Delhi to Nako. During the ride, none of the riders were aware if RevvMusic will come up with a video later. Its only when I got a call from him and saw his facebook posts, I realized that I am also starring in the video (just for a couple of seconds though).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks