Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2011, 11:34   #136
BHPian

Re: Pics of Vehicles that don't deserve to be On-Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
Now, yes this is an overloaded vehicle. But how does this person sitting inside get to breathe?

Attachment 110785
lol, i hope he aint carrying a dead body there, I spotted a tractor with only 1 front tire, and the guy was doing wheely on a tractor on Gurgaon Highway, it was dangerous..Couldnt click photograph as he was on the other side of the road and I was driving..
Old 20th May 2011, 20:29   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Mamma says DONT DRIVE after sunset,but was not obaying so mamma removed the lights . hahahahahahah.
Old 20th May 2011, 20:36   #138
Senior - BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT use more than 2 smilies per post. We advise you to read our rules before proceeding any further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
Delhi is full of these RTVs:
Yadav bhaiya is only after money money money and no no no to servicing and upkeep of his ROZI ROTI ka jariya shame to him all he needsw is

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Crossed this overburdened workhorse on the Bombay Pune expressway the other day. Ridiculously dangerous.

Attachment 37903
Its the end results of regular HAFTA to traffic Police and authorities by the owner of that mill who makes these Iron I beams

Quote:
Originally Posted by rule breaker View Post
Daredevils with their perils.

Who gives them fitness certificate?
Of cource Our most Honest RTO of INDIA .... I LOVE MY INDIA.

Note from Support: Please use the edit / multiquote option instead of posting back to back posts within 30 mins. Thanks.

Last edited by GTO : 21st April 2012 at 17:12. Reason: Note Inline
IQBAL VEERJI is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 20th April 2012, 16:59   #139
BHPian

I think this truck belongs here:
Attached Thumbnails
Pics of Vehicles that don't deserve to be On-Road-img00790201204131103.jpg  

Old 20th April 2012, 18:43   #140
BHPian

Took this almost two years back ! Look at this guy !
Attached Thumbnails
Pics of Vehicles that don't deserve to be On-Road-photo-0262.jpg  

Old 22nd January 2013, 13:39   #141
BHPian

Re: Weird, Wacky & Dangerous Motorcycle Modifications!

Saw this on the way back from office yesterday. Clicked 2 pics. The top of the stack almost touched the electric/telephone cables crossing the road. The guy went off-balance twice when negotiating humps on the way....simply crazy I must say.

Mods please move it to appropriate section. Could not find a more appropriate thread, hence posting it here.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics of Vehicles that don't deserve to be On-Road-stacked_on_scooter.png  

Attached Images

Old 9th February 2013, 12:55   #142
BHPian

Re: Accidents in India - PICS

I have seen this method of transporting gas cylinders very frequently on Mumbai roads. This is an accident which is waiting to happen. The nozzle of the cylinder juts out of the taxi boot dangerously. Wonder if it is legal to transport gas in this manner. I have never seen a cop flag down a taxi carrying such a load.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics of Vehicles that don't deserve to be On-Road-photo11.jpg  

Old 9th February 2013, 19:05   #143
Senior - BHPian

could they be empty perhaps? but yes needless to say, someone does have to stop and ask that to know.
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2013, 19:21   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
could they be empty perhaps? but yes needless to say, someone does have to stop and ask that to know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeev1 View Post
I have seen this method of transporting gas cylinders very frequently on Mumbai roads. This is an accident which is waiting to happen. The nozzle of the cylinder juts out of the taxi boot dangerously. Wonder if it is legal to transport gas in this manner. I have never seen a cop flag down a taxi carrying such a load.
There is something more in in than just the gas cylinder. The taxi seems bent to the left. That surely is an accident waiting to happen. What if the cylinder is not tied too tight and falls of obstructing a vehicle behind. Have seen these types of loads being carried on highways at high speeds as well. What if a biker is behind that cab and the load falls of. That could be fatal.

The cops SHOULD do something, but if they get time from hiding behind the bushes and catching people for tints and stuff like that.
carzone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2013, 23:17   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Improper transportation of gas cylinder is an offence under the Explosives act.
But going by how common it is to transport cylinders in this manner in our country, cops don't bother to check if all safety regulations are being adhered to.
Binzone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2013, 01:42   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binzone View Post
Improper transportation of gas cylinder is an offence under the Explosives act.
But going by how common it is to transport cylinders in this manner in our country, cops don't bother to check if all safety regulations are being adhered to.
Depends on what type of gas the cylinder is carrying. For non-flammable gases it is not an offence. Commercial grade nitrogen is supplied in such cylinders and nitrogen is not flammable. Just an example.
vikram_d is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2013, 02:25   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post

Depends on what type of gas the cylinder is carrying. For non-flammable gases it is not an offence. Commercial grade nitrogen is supplied in such cylinders and nitrogen is not flammable. Just an example.
Thanks for adding that Vikram. Though the rules I have referred to are about LPG cylinders (especially domestic), the offence part is actually more about the correct procedure to secure and transport it.
Probably we need a separate thread to discuss that as there would have been occasions, we might have used our cars to transport domestic LPG.
Old 5th April 2013, 11:25   #148
BHPian

Tread Wear ? The Tyres are almost thread bare!

This truck was driving ahead of me on the busy Dadar Tulsi Pipe Road yesterday during evening peak hours. If you look carefully, both the right rear tyres are completely worn out.

During off peak hours, these guys would be barelling down the same stretch with construction debris.

When will the traffic police take notice of such 'vehicle fitness' parameters and ban such vehicles from the roads? Incidentally, we (the truck ahead and me) crossed 2 police 'nakabandis' - one at mahim and one further down at SV road and the police were only interested in stopping two wheelers and the occasional car with tinted windows.

Is there any "facebook page" for mumbai police where we can highlight such cases?
Attached Thumbnails
Pics of Vehicles that don't deserve to be On-Road-tyre-tread.jpg  

Old 6th April 2013, 18:01   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's because the cops are busy flagging down cars for tinted films.

Off topic: I was stopped on the expresway yesterday for doing 90kmph where the speed limit is 80kmph. Car's going faster then me drove off, I stopped. When I asked why other car's were not stopped the cop gave some crap about how when a net is cast in the ocean, some fish escape and some don't! I bluntly told him that in such a case it's better to just drive off even when you are flagged down by the cops. He settled for Rs.100 without even asking if I had a licence and gave me 'advise' to stick to 80kmph. Whose to tell them that in any other country of the world, I wouldn't have been stopped for doing 90kmph in a 80kmph zone.
Old 6th April 2013, 22:24   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Whose to tell them that in any other country of the world, I wouldn't have been stopped for doing 90kmph in a 80kmph zone.
I don't think that's accurate. In Australia you have speeding offences starting with ranges from10kmph above limit, 30kmph above limit etc. This means if you drive at 90kmph on a 80kmph zone, you will be caught and fined + incur points on your license.

Even though its a separate discussion if it's practical to retain 80kmph all the time on an express way, a limit is a limit, and cops are fully correct in stopping and fining.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks