Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2019, 09:36   #826
Senior - BHPian

re: Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post

Very interesting. I am never ceased to be amazed at all the factoids you and Foxbat manage to keep track of.
Come to think of it, 4 out of 6 IAF Jaguar Squadrons (Nos. 5,14,16,27) have been former operators of the Canberra and Hunter. No. 6 Sqdn flew B-24s, Super Connies and Canberras before converting to Jaguars. So these five Jaguar squadrons have operated only British/American aircraft till date.

The only exception to this is No. 224 Sqdn "Warlords", which was a former MiG-23MF sqdn till the mid-2000s, and they currently fly DARIN II Jaguar IS/ITs.
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-jaguar_js224_warlords.jpg
Old 27th April 2019, 13:05   #827
BHPian

Quote:
B-24 Consolidated Liberator, 4-engine heavy bomber WW2 :: Corgi, diecast, 1:72
Beautifully detailed, moving gun turrets, crew; rather heavy, poorly designed stand

Corgi make great models though they restrict themselves to WW2 Allied and German ones and a little bit of post-WW2 British aircraft. Their weak point is the stand. In this case ill fitting holding the heavy model in a badly designed cradle from which the model falls with the gentlest of touch!!! This inability to bother to design a proper stand that holds the model firmly is a long standing weakness of Corgi.
Thats a wonderfully detailed model The markings and the detailing of the machine guns is wonderful. Will look great next to the B-17 in your collection. I agree about the pathetic stands on Corgi models, the Typhoon I got from you could not be attached to its stand so I had to glue it

There is a B-24J at the Indian Air Force museum in Palam, New Delhi.
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-25563514588_2b2c70a1d7_k.jpg
Old 27th April 2019, 13:20   #828
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post
I agree about the pathetic stands on Corgi models, the Typhoon I got from you could not be attached to its stand so I had to glue it :Frustrat
Attachment 1871743
Dear Foxbat very sorry about that.
Old 27th April 2019, 14:19   #829
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Foxbat very sorry about that.
Thats not your fault, its Corgi's ! They are charging a premium they can at least design a proper stand.
Old 5th May 2019, 12:59   #830
Distinguished - BHPian

Kawasaki C-1 Medium Military Transporter::~1:300 scale?, plastic
Simple plastic model with basic detailing; halfway between a toy and a real scale model. Picked it up because modern Japanese aircraft are uncommon and I have a soft spot for the Japs.

The model is about 3 to 4 inches in length. It seems to be of a non-standard scale from an unknown manufacturer from China. The C-1 was Japan's first attempt after WW2 to build a large aircraft. It entered service in 1971; 31 were built. It is in service today slowly getting replaced by the much larger C-2. It seems to have rendered reliable trouble free service for over 40 years - like a Toyota :-). The JASDF deliberately called for a specification of limited range {only 1300 kms with full payload of 11 tonnes} in order to be non-offensive and not be able to fly beyond Japan.
Attached Thumbnails
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-kawasaki-c1-.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-kawasaki-c1-b.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-kawasaki-c1-c.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-kawasaki-c1e.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-kawasaki-c1-g.jpg  

Last edited by V.Narayan : 5th May 2019 at 13:01.
Old 5th May 2019, 21:24   #831
Distinguished - BHPian

Boeing E-4B Advanced Airborne Command Post :: 1:400 scale, diecast, Dragon make
A model of moderate quality and average detailing. About 7 inches in length

The Boeing E-4 Advanced Airborne Command Post (AACP) is a strategic command and control military aircraft operated by the United States Air Force (USAF). The E-4 series are specially modified from the Boeing 747-200B for the National Emergency Airborne Command Post (NEACP) program. The E-4 serves as a survivable mobile command post for the National Command Authority, namely the President of the United States, the Secretary of Defense, and successors.

The E-4B is designed to survive an EMP (electro-Magnetic pulse from a atomic explosion) with systems intact and has state-of-the-art direct fire countermeasures. The E-4B still uses traditional analog flight instruments instead of a glass cockpit as they are less susceptible to damage from an EMP blast. In a test flight for endurance, the aircraft remained airborne and fully operational for 35.4 hours, however it was designed to remain airborne for a full week in the event of an emergency. It takes two fully loaded KC-135 tankers to fully refuel an E-4B.
Attached Thumbnails
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-boeing-e6b-1.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-boeing-e6b-2.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-boeing-e6b-4.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-boeing-e6b-5.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-boeing-e6b-6.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-boeing-e6b-7.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-boeing-e6b-9.jpg  

Old 6th May 2019, 19:04   #832
BHPian

Quote:
[i]Simple plastic model with basic detailing; halfway between a toy and a real scale model. Picked it up because modern Japanese aircraft are uncommon and I have a soft spot for the Japs.
Thats a very interesting model. Never heard of it before this post, seems only 31 were made. I was wondering whats the economic sense of developing such an aircraft if the production numbers are so low, there would have been many readily available alternatives.

Quote:
I have a soft spot for the Japs.
As do I

1/72 A6M5 "Zero" 203rd Japanest Naval Air Squadron, Omura Air Base, Nagasaki.

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-img_20190506_181703.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-img_20190506_181713.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-img_20190506_181734.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-img_20190506_182410.jpg

Next to a Hawker Typhoon (Same as Narayan's). My current WWII collection.
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-img_20190506_182132.jpg

My Zero protecting my Yamato from those evil American torpedo and dive bombers.
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-img_20190506_182608.jpg

Aliexpress has really improved its delivery process, I got this within 11 days of ordering it and no customs duty charged. Happened last time also, thought it was a one off occurrence, delivery is thru a private courier not India Post.
Old 6th May 2019, 23:24   #833
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thats a very interesting model. Never heard of it before this post, seems only 31 were made. I was wondering whats the economic sense of developing such an aircraft if the production numbers are so low, there would have been many readily available alternatives.
Countries do this to build National capability. In Japan's case they might have built a dozen or two more of they had equipped it with longer range which they could have designed in at the start. But they were wedded to their defensive policy and short ranges. Later when Okinawa was returned to Japan in early 1970s they needed a longer ranged transport and had to buy a squadron or two of C-130's. But like a great Jap product it was/is an excellent plane.
[/quote]
1/72 A6M5 "Zero" 203rd Japanese Naval Air Squadron, Omura Air Base, Nagasaki.

Next to a Hawker Typhoon (Same as Narayan's). My current WWII collection.

My Zero protecting my Yamato from those evil American torpedo and dive bombers.[/quote]
Congratulations on that mean A6M5 in some real combat colours. Looks like a very high quality model. Also congrats on opening your world war two account. A few more photos will be much appreciated.
Old 15th May 2019, 11:25   #834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hearing about this aircraft for the first time. Another unique one in your collection!!! The same company manufactures many Japanese aircraft. My 1/100 JASDF RF-4E is from the same manufacturer. They also manufacture a JMSDF P-3C & JASDF E-767 in the same 1:250 scale. Shapes of all their models is pretty much ok except for the cockpit windows, which is toy like.

Quote:
Boeing E-4B Advanced Airborne Command Post :: 1:400 scale, diecast, Dragon make
Nice looking mode of the Doomsday Aircraft. Congratulations!!! Since the E-4 was developed from the 747-200, can you please click and post a photo of your E-4B with the 1/200 AI 747-200 for comparison of the scale?

Quote:

1/72 A6M5 "Zero" 203rd Japanest Naval Air Squadron, Omura Air Base, Nagasaki.
Congratulations!!! That is an incredibly good looking model of the Zero.

Quote:
Aliexpress has really improved its delivery process, I got this within 11 days of ordering it and no customs duty charged. Happened last time also, thought it was a one off occurrence, delivery is thru a private courier not India Post.
Who was the seller? I was buying EM models from a seller called "Model Online Hobby Shop". He used to declare the actual value of the model on the package (excl. shipping) and all those packages sailed though customs without any issues or duty charged. It used to take 12-15 days for the package to reach me after shipment through Singapore Post.
Old 15th May 2019, 12:48   #835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
Since the E-4 was developed from the 747-200, can you please click and post a photo of your E-4B with the 1/200 AI 747-200 for comparison of the scale?

Who was the seller? I was buying EM models from a seller called "Model Online Hobby Shop". He used to declare the actual value of the model on the package (excl. shipping) and all those packages sailed though customs without any issues or duty charged. It used to take 12-15 days for the package to reach me after shipment through Singapore Post.
Not the 747-200 but posted earlier, reposting again, 1:200, 1:400 747-100s and 1:500 747-400:
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-img_20190219_182309.jpg

Yes same seller Model Online Hobby Shop.
Old 16th May 2019, 13:52   #836
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thats a very interesting model. Never heard of it before this post...My Zero protecting my Yamato from those evil American torpedo and dive bombers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
Hearing about this aircraft for the first time. Another unique one in your collection!!! Nice looking mode of the Doomsday Aircraft. Congratulations!!!
Gwak. Makes me realize that aircraft I took for granted are not on the awareness horizon any more. Suits my grey beard:-). Foxbat your Zero is superb especially posted like that with the Yamato
Quote:
Since the E-4 was developed from the 747-200, can you please click and post a photo of your E-4B with the 1/200 AI 747-200 for comparison of the scale?
Will do over the weekend.
Quote:
Not the 747-200 but posted earlier, reposting again, 1:200, 1:400 747-100s and 1:500 747-400:
The most beautiful shape in the sky. 747 forever. That PanAm looks neat as do the other two.

Mitsubishi F-2, JASDF MRCA :: HobbyMaster 1:72 :: Hard high quality plastic

Superbly etched and profiled. The plastic-resin type of material makes it light. About 8.5 inches long with a wingspan of just over 6 inches. If you are a Japanese aircraft fan this model is a prize

F-2 - developed from the F-16 into a wholly different aircraft with a new larger wing, ASEA radar and multi-role capability including all weather stand-off air to air defense and anti-ship missile carrying capability. In some ways way ahead of the F-16 and more maneuverable thanks to the 25% larger wing. As many would know a larger wing = lower wing loading = each square foot of the wing can hence do more aerodynamic work other than merely keeping the aircraft aloft = greater maneuverability. The wing is the heart of an aircraft. Re-design the wing and you change the aircraft more than a change of engine can do. The F-2 is in all likelihood the most advanced single engine fighter today. JASDF's nickname for the F-2 is the Zero Viper :-)

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-f2-mitsubishi-jasdf-2.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-f2-mitsubishi-jasdf-3.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-f2-mitsubishi-jasdf-4.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-f2-mitsubishi-jasdf-5.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-f2-mitsubishi-jasdf-6.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-f2-mitsubishi-jasdf-7.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-f2-mitsubishi-jasdf-8.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-f2-mitsubishi-jasdf-9.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-f2-mitsubishi-jasdf-10.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-f2-mitsubishi-jasdf-11.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-f2-mitsubishi-jasdf-14.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-hsgs0261mainlg_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 18th May 2019 at 22:43. Reason: Pictures inserted in-line.
Old 17th May 2019, 03:56   #837
BHPian

Quote:
The most beautiful shape in the sky. 747 forever.

Mitsubishi F-2, JASDF MRCA :: HobbyMaster 1:72 :: Hard high quality plastic

JASDF's nickname for the F-2 is the Zero Viper :-)
Agree completely, just landed in JFK from Heathrow and took this British Airways 747-400 painted in retro livery of BOAC.

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-img_20190516_182300.jpg

Flew on a 747 after more than 23 years and it brought back good memories.

That F-2 is superb and adds to your Japanese collection. The JASDF F-15 deserves to be the group picture also. Would also be good to include the original Zero but I remember that is a 1:48 Scale. In some ways a F-16 is a modern Zero equivalent, small, light and highly manueverable.
Old 17th May 2019, 20:30   #838
BHPian

Scale Models - Aircrafts & Ships

1:200 Boeing 707-321C Alia - Royal Jordanian Airline Cargo JY-AED

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-img_20190516_223821.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-img_20190516_223839.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-img_20190516_223858.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-img_20190516_224000.jpg

The Real Plane.

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-screenshot-20190517-10.55.19-am.png

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-screenshot-20190517-11.14.59-am.png

As the Boeing was 707 has already been discussed, something about the airline:

Royal Jordanian Airlines (Arabic: الملكيَّة الأردنيَّة‎; transliterated: Al-Malakiyyah al-'Urduniyyah) is the flag carrier airline of Jordan with its head office in Amman, Jordan, operating scheduled international services over four continents from its main base at Queen Alia International Airport. Royal Jordanian is a member of the Arab Air Carriers Organization and the Oneworld airline alliance. The airline operates over 500 flights per week, with at least 110 daily departures and was formerly known as Alia Royal Jordanian Airlines.

The airline was established on 9 December 1963 and started operations on 15 December 1963 after a royal decree by the late King Hussein. It was named Alia (or Aalya) after King Hussein's eldest child, Princess Alia bint Al Hussein of Jordan (born on 13 February 1956). The airline was founded with capital from private shareholders but the Jordanian government later took over the company.

Last edited by Foxbat : 17th May 2019 at 20:46.
Old 18th May 2019, 10:22   #839
Distinguished - BHPian

Love the Boeing 707 and also the DC8, gorgeous gracious looking aircraft. When I grew up our next door neighbor was a so called Engineering pilot for KLM. Which meant he would test the aircraft after major overhauls, take delivery of new and modified aircraft from DC. He used to take his son and me on some of these test flights. Quite the experience Aviation was so much more relaxed in those days.
Jeroen
Old 18th May 2019, 21:01   #840
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
When I grew up our next door neighbor was a so called Engineering pilot for KLM. Which meant he would test the aircraft after major overhauls, take delivery of new and modified aircraft from DC. He used to take his son and me on some of these test flights. Quite the experience Aviation was so much more relaxed in those days.
Gosh! And how exciting could that be for two boys.

Quote:
1:200 Boeing 707-321C Alia - Royal Jordanian Airline Cargo JY-AED
That is one graceful 707 you have there. Today when all aircraft look similar it is hard to imagine how modern, big and streamlined a 707, DC-8 & Caravelle looked like amongst the mix of piston engine airliners in 1960.
Quote:
British Airways 747-400 painted in retro livery of BOAC.
Always thought the navy blue and gold livery of BOAC was handsome. KLM and Lufthansa fortunately stayed with variations of their traditional livery.

Aerospatiale Gazalle; British Army Air Corps; Light Armed helicopter; Brand unknown, size 1:72?? maybe; low quality plastic
About 6 inches+ in length with rotors; low quality material and detailing; not sure why I bought it!

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-aerospatiale-gazelle-2.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-aerospatiale-gazelle-3.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-aerospatiale-gazelle-4.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-aerospatiale-gazelle-5.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-aerospatiale-gazelle-9.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-aerospatiale-gazelle-10.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 18th May 2019 at 22:42. Reason: Pictures inserted in-line.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks