Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2019, 11:03   #661
Senior - BHPian

re: Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Airbus A400M; 1:200 scale, Luva make (a Netherlands product); plastic
Fantastic looking model. This is the first time I've seen a scale model of the A400 and it looks great. When possible, please do post a pic of it alongside your C-17.

The manufacturer is Lupa Models - the same brand that was one of three Indigo 1/200 A320 model suppliers to Indigo for on board sales (the other two being Hogan and Premier Planes).
Old 3rd January 2019, 15:20   #662
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post
1/200 Bombardier Q400 Star Alliance (Tyrolean Airways)
I love the high speed cruise the Q series offers. At 350 knots it can compete with a regional jet on short distances and constant hops. Unfortunately Bombardier packed them with so much of avionics that they require an over load of maintenance effort. ATR is more reliable and Q-400 is more advanced
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
OT: as long as we do not build enough confidence around our quality (of manufacturing) there is no production opportunities coming our way. Few private players have generated hope, let's see where it leads us in this and next decade.
Only the private players have delivered in a meaningful way. If Govt support is lacking, as it is in India other than for HAL, a very long gestation industry like aviation will continue to lag behind in India.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
Fantastic looking model. This is the first time I've seen a scale model of the A400 and it looks great. When possible, please do post a pic of it alongside your C-17.
Will do. Right now my models are half packed up as a new cabinet comes up to house them. My wife finally acquiesced.
Old 3rd January 2019, 15:33   #663
BHPian

Quote:
Only the private players have delivered in a meaningful way. If Govt support is lacking, as it is in India other than for HAL, a very long gestation industry like aviation will continue to lag behind in India.
With all due respect, HAL has done more damage than good to aerospace manufacturing industry in India. There are some horrible cases of serious lapses in quality which resulted in more concerns among the big two to offload more work here.

What is definitely going to help is the local aviation growth itself. It is projected that India will surpass China in terms of size of aviation market in 2030's and like them we too will hopefully get FALs in India.

Last edited by the_skyliner : 3rd January 2019 at 15:34. Reason: added timeline
Old 3rd January 2019, 15:40   #664
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
With all due respect, HAL has done more damage than good to aerospace manufacturing industry in India. There are some horrible cases of serious lapses in quality which resulted in more concerns among the big two to offload more work here.
That is exactly what I am saying. Having been a vendor to both OEMs I know what a steep climb it is to meet their quality standards. HAL & Air India spoilt India's reputation in aviation even before we got started.
Old 3rd January 2019, 15:52   #665
BHPian

Quote:
That is exactly what I am saying. Having been a vendor to both OEMs I know what a steep climb it is to meet their quality standards. HAL & Air India spoilt India's reputation in aviation even before we got started.

Even though I am not an aviation enthusiast, my son is turning in to one. He picked this (C-17, I guess) from a bunch of options. Plus he loves flying.
Attached Thumbnails
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-fullsizeoutput_f24f.jpeg  

Old 3rd January 2019, 17:55   #666
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Even though I am not an aviation enthusiast, my son is turning in to one. He picked this (C-17, I guess) from a bunch of options. Plus he loves flying.
We are honoured to induct your son into this threads Hall of Fame. Tell the young man his C-17 beats mine by a margin.
Old 3rd January 2019, 21:31   #667
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Those are PLAAF markings and that's China's C-17/IL-76 clone - the Xi'an Y-20.
Old 4th January 2019, 09:22   #668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
Those are PLAAF markings and that's China's C-17/IL-76 clone - the Xi'an Y-20.
Thanks!

You are right about the markings but this one has winglets and the Y-20 doesn't come with winglets, I guess.

This might be the model inaccuracy issue.
Old 4th January 2019, 14:10   #669
Distinguished - BHPian

^^^^^
Looks like a C-17 with PLA markings!! The engine cowlings and the nose are C-17. This is a pull-back toy available on Amazon. I don't think Skyliner Junior is concerned so long as the toy moves

The Xian Y-20 below with its IL-76 like engine cowlings. Must give the Chinese credit
Attached Thumbnails
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-1280pxchina__air_force__xian_y20.jpg  

Old 4th January 2019, 14:21   #670
BHPian

Quote:
^^^^^
Looks like a C-17 with PLA markings!! The engine cowlings and the nose are C-17. This is a pull-back toy available on Amazon. I don't think Skyliner Junior is concerned so long as the toy moves

The Xian Y-20 below with its IL-76 like engine cowlings. Must give the Chinese credit
Thanks!

I didn't know that the Chinese had something similar to C-17. Military aviation development makes so much sense for them as no FAI and EASA headaches.

I am trying to get a scale model of C919. Do you have any idea where can I get it?
Old 4th January 2019, 14:25   #671
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am trying to get a scale model of C919. Do you have any idea where can I get it?
https://stplane-tongde.en.made-in-ch...Resin-Toy.html
https://thediecastflier.com/comac-c919-b-001a-skywings/
https://www.scalemodelstore.com/mode...omac_C919.html
V.Narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2019, 16:59   #672
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
https://www.aviationmegastore.com/qu...cf87a40f3/C919

I might have posted this link before. I you ever find yourself in the Netherlands this is THE place to visit if you are into aircraft models. Ready made and self build. Look around via the below link:

https://www.aviationmegastore.com/?s...9844a25ae3a1e6

I just happen to be there yesterday as I had to pick up a parcel at Schiphol. I can spend hours at this shop!
Jeroen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2019, 17:05   #673
BHPian

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
https://www.aviationmegastore.com/qu...cf87a40f3/C919

I might have posted this link before. I you ever find yourself in the Netherlands this is THE place to visit if you are into aircraft models. Ready made and self build. Look around via the below link:
Look great. They ship it to India too however shipping cost is on higher side than normal. Will see if I can get it shipped to Germany when I am there next time and bring it with me.

Thanks for the recommendation.
Old 4th January 2019, 23:27   #674
BHPian

Quote:

Look great. They ship it to India too however shipping cost is on higher side than normal. Will see if I can get it shipped to Germany when I am there next time and bring it with me.
Also remember you will be charged about 42% customs duty if the model is worth 30 euro or more(sometimes even for a lesser amount). If you are unlucky sometimes customs will declare your package is worth more than its declared value and charge you even more !

And if you are extremely unlucky (like Narayan has been sometimes) customs will charge 42% customs duty on the shipping charges also
Old 6th January 2019, 09:49   #675
Distinguished - BHPian

For our nth anniversary my wife gifted me a big cabinet for my scale model collection. It may be more accurate to say I begged cajoled and groveled my way to it. A peep for my friends. Many more models on their way. Happiness
Attached Thumbnails
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-img_20190106_084349-003.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-img_20190106_084349-002.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks